European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nick Caves son blotto on LSD before fall from cliff

Ismene

Bluelighter
Reminds me of Ted Kennedy's sage advice - "Don't drive across narrow bridges when you're pissed out of your mind".

The son of singer Nick Cave had taken the hallucinogen LSD when he fell to his death from a cliff, an inquest has heard.

The court heard that on the day of Arthur’s death, he and his friend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had decided to try LSD together for the first time. DC Vicky Loft, who read out the friend’s statement, said that the boy had researched LSD use online the night before the incident, but while he read advice about how long the effects could last and that it was unwise to take too many doses, there was little information about the potential negative effects.

Describing the moment the boys took the drug, she went on: “Arthur was also slightly hesitant but said to [his friend] that if they were thinking or worrying [about] bad things before taking the tablets that would have an effect on their trip. They debated for a few minutes about whether to take the tablets then both took them together.”

The boy said he and Arthur shared three tablets and that they were initially in “good spirits and happy”. The friend said he then started having “vivid hallucinations”, including seeing patches of oil on the grass and shapes and colours in the sky.

umming up, the coroner, Veronica Hamilton-Deeley, accepted that the boys had taken LSD, although no trace of the drug was found in Arthur’s body. She said: “It was taken by lads who were inquiring and experimenting and it’s what kids do all the time, and most of the time … they get away with it, except on sad occasions like this.”

Hamilton-Deeley recorded a verdict of accidental death, adding: “In his own family’s words ... ‘he was a bright, shiny, funny, complex boy and we loved him deeply’.”

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...died-from-fall-after-taking-lsd-inquest-hears

Read this earlier. I don't have much to add but it made me feel very sad reading it, what a loss for the family. It was the note from the family that got to me I think.

Bad accident, stupid mistake, however you want to look at it. Goes to show how dangerous drugs can be in an unsafe setting.