View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Next day hangover afterglows: Ketamine vs.mxe or 3meoPCP

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
I have read K has a hangover. Is this true? With mxe or PCP I never felt anything but radiant the next day...amazing after glow...not much experience with K only IVed about half a g once over a night

I've found ketamine to have a pretty smooth release envelope, but I've heard people with low tolerance noting a mental spacyness that could be considered a hangover. Notable negative effects can occur it you go too hard too long with it, but the most I've done is a gram per run, and that's a pretty sweet spot for me.
MXE has a brilliant glow for a day or two...unless one keeps dosing it, which I often did, leading to a very fun and trippy week followed by a comedown of a couple days with noticeable depression and lethargy. 3meo is another story....glows for days, if not more than a week, with its long tail of stimulation that eases the body and mind back to baseline. Too much too fast can lead to a metabolite build-up which can lead to mania and a sort of fiendy psychological withdrawal while the brain readjusts. I've really only experienced 3meo comedown when mixing with other drugs, but the overstimulation shouldn't be understated because it can cause ungrounded thoughts or psychosis at worst, trouble sleeping etc.

Moderation of arylcyclohexylamines can be hard for a lot of people because a daily bump at the sweet spot can easily be rationalized by an improved sense of well-being. I have let a responsible friend hold my stash for small withdraws when timing is right. I used to do week-long runs with 3meo, but these days need to limit my consecutive uses to 2 or 3 days max, once a month.

Also how long do these cognitive deficiencies u speak of last? Like will it be there the next morning....never experienced cognitive deficiencies on mxe or 3meo the next day but definitely after the trip but I chalk that up to still being on the drug

I wouldn't say sane doses of dissos have a traditional hangover like alcohol.. more like some changes in thought patterns and mood for some people especially those who don't take them often. For me only really large doses (especially if redosed and not just one large dose) produce clear negative effects on the next day - they make me walk really funny but it only happens if I really over do it and goes away during the course of the day. For this mxe is/was actually the worst.

And for what it's worth I don't count the improved mood / antidepressant effect to be a hangover since that isn't really negative.