• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH - 28/09/08 "Police bust 29 for drugs at Sydney dance party"

Dave82 said:
What's so uncommon about that question at a rave? lol I'm filthy that I missed out on Transmission.

the question itself is common dont i dnt think ive ever heard a normal person call it an "ecstasy pill"

skatkid said:
the question itself is common dont i dnt think ive ever heard a normal person call it an "ecstasy pill"

Haha I did once at a rave in a conversation with a mate and have never lived it down. I was so munted I felt dyslexic and no words coming out of my mouth seemed to be in any coherent order; completely random, disjointed, and probably unintelligible ranting =D

Biscuit said:
Just playing the devil's advocate for a moment. Is that not the sort of irresponsible behaviour that helps justify the police's ridiculous and heavy handed response to combating the "evils" of party drugs at music festivals?

Stupid me didnt test my pills, thats why I was sick.

I think without police these events would be a disaster, the dogs are what I dont agree with.

[eK] said:
yeah it was a mad night! the crowd seemed heaps more calmer and that there.. maybe because it was the first 18+ rave i have been to. maybe that no lad policy is working?? there didn't seem to be as many as usual.. and most of the ones that were there seemed like reasonable guys ;)

a sniffer dog got a close whiff of me and 12 other friends when we jumped off our mini bus! - no cigar, although i was crapping myself because we had been smoking a bit of grass for a few hours beforehand 8)

haha, how do they enforce a 'no lad' policy? no tn's or nautica gear allowed or something? :D

^^No striped polo shirts, no nautica, I think they wanted no baseball caps but the dancers got pissed off because people want to do hat tricks.

Of course the no tolerance of anti-social behaviour would have to make an impact on keeping lad violence, stupidity, idiocy, whatever you want to call it to a minimum. I found this Event felt pretty safe compared to a few other past events, maybe because it was over 18's, maybe because the lads have learned that being dicks will only cause them problems, I dont know but I think theres potential for the Sydney rave scene and all those who say that raves are dead are just over it. I love it, I know tons of people who love it and I know theres people here who love it, so raves arent dead, your just getting old.

phase_dancer said:
It was certainly interesting what came up while talking to a bunch of young people a week or so ago.

In an effort to tie up police resources, this crew drop their pills before entering an event, but carry in a variety of vitamin and supplement tablets, going for the ones that look most like ecstasy tablets. One of this group was picked up by sniffer dogs, has been charged and is awaiting analytical results. Obstruction charges surely couldn't apply, as the person apprehended stated what the tablets truely were. After all, any health conscious person would want to ensure they weren't vit deficient after hours of dancing or drinking...

The groups' reasoning is, if enough people did this, it would only be a matter of time before police either gave up or had onsite testing equipment - a very expensive exercise. Remember, forensic resources in most states are stretched as it is.

I like it, however I don't think I'd like giving up my night..

skatkid said:
yeh i was there. went in pretty late tho and by then there were no dogs. saw heaps of undercovers inside one mid 20s dude came up to me and was like do u know where i can buy an ecstasy pill. i lold.

to the poster who said they don't think cops can do that?

i go to one of the larger hard trance / hardstyle clubs in melbourne regularly.

i've had undercover cops (absolutely certain they are... due to connections to security, who must be pre-warned before any undercover police may enter a venue)
they've come up to me asking for several things...

"know where i can buy some drugs?"

"got any red transformers" <--- asked in august... 6 months since i'd seen a red autobot!!

"know where i can buy some ecstasy pills?"

"you selling any amphetamines?"

these are some of the questions i've been asked.... now seriously. i'd say 99.9% of us on bluelight here use... sif any of us would say this shit asking for drugs.

ffs.

really... does it matter if the police are allowed to ask you such questions...
if you're dealing.. and stupid enough to bite, and sell to an undercover (they stand out like dogs balls) then you deserve to be caught.
it's darwinian... it's survival of the fittest
not survival of the shittest...
and really.... you fail
therefore you don't survive.

Im just wondering how i didnt get busted from the au customs when i brought my scales over with me. It had shroom powder, speed, coke and other stuff in between the cracks of it lol I swear i could've scraped a dose out:)

js2k6 said:
to the poster who said they don't think cops can do that?

i go to one of the larger hard trance / hardstyle clubs in melbourne regularly.

i've had undercover cops (absolutely certain they are... due to connections to security, who must be pre-warned before any undercover police may enter a venue)
they've come up to me asking for several things...

"know where i can buy some drugs?"

"got any red transformers" <--- asked in august... 6 months since i'd seen a red autobot!!

"know where i can buy some ecstasy pills?"

"you selling any amphetamines?"

these are some of the questions i've been asked.... now seriously. i'd say 99.9% of us on bluelight here use... sif any of us would say this shit asking for drugs.

ffs.

really... does it matter if the police are allowed to ask you such questions...
if you're dealing.. and stupid enough to bite, and sell to an undercover (they stand out like dogs balls) then you deserve to be caught.
it's darwinian... it's survival of the fittest
not survival of the shittest...
and really.... you fail
therefore you don't survive.

Yeah u can distinguish them by the way they talk. Ive had that happen back in europe. My mate was unlucky when they kicked his feet and he fell to the ground and handcuffed him while he had 22 pills in his hands.

Mr TIMO said:
What ever happened to our rights?
It's one thing to use this sort of heavy policing at an airport to test for explosives etc, but when you've got people going to a music festival to enjoy themselves with what is mostly harmless fun, why can't the police just fuck off.
i sorta wanna appologise for saying that a little rudely. went to an event tonight and can't say i had a single problem with the police presence, and in fact a policeman I chatted with actually had the time to respond rather than blow you off, they seemed quite relaxed.
but i still stand by what i was trying to say, none of us want festivals becoming fort knox

Phase Dancer, Wot a gr8 idea!! a round of applause for whoever came up with this idea as well.
s.