• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 13/11/07 'Addicts reveal chilling side-effects of ice'

what an inaccurate slice of the real population... 75%? i know a lot of speed/ice addicts, and only one of them uses smack. so maybe 5% in my book. and i can guarantee that the addicts i know are just as paranoid and delusional as the sample used in this study.

I always thought that speed was amphetamine, and meth/ice/gear etc were methamphetamine

Methamphetamine is a lot stronger than just amphetamine, so it probably should be classified differently

madmick19 said:
When meth is cooked and becomes crystalline it achieves some extra properties which makes it more efficiently in the synapse and receptorsites & carriers- i think its described in texts as a "Pure Pleasure Drug" with the same efficiency characteristics as cocaine.

crystalline or otherwise, won't it be all the same when it reaches the brain (all else kept equal)?

madmick19 said:
Alex Wodak states that Smoking methamphetamine increases the blood concentration of it in the brain as delivery is through the lungs, even more so than injection at the elbow.

thats interesting. from my experience, i've found i'm more likely to 'rush' smoking meth than through iv usage. perhaps someone can clear up for me the pathway that methamphetamines takes post IV to reach the brain...

Last edited:
amphetamine is pretty rare in australia.
the word "base" in confusing cos we use it as wet speed mostly, or even dried stuff that isnt ice-like crystals, but its all meth, where as base in the UK is amphetamine sulphate

It's all methamphetamines, just different purity. if you don't like crystals, crush that shit up and mix in whatever cuts you like...

The problem is that people are generally having more meth then they previously might have. perhaps its analogous to shots of spirits as compared with beer.
This is exactly right and is something I have been telling friends and people on this site for years, yet many refuse to believe it. Great analogy too, well done!

johnnyonelove said:
thats interesting. from my experience, i've found i'm more likely to 'rush' smoking meth than through iv usage. perhaps someone can clear up for me the pathway that methamphetamines takes post IV to reach the brain...
When injecting the substances enters the vein, which is then pumped back to the heart, then to the lungs, back to the heart, then pumped out into the body where it is released.

When smoking, it bypasses the first part of the process, meaning it goes from the lungs, to the heart, then out to the body to be released.

From what I've read, this means that you get a faster, more extreme 'hit/rush', which makes the drug more addictive. On the other hand though, when IVing you get your whole hit all at once, whereas when smoking you spend a considerable amount of time consuming your dose, therefore spreading it out.

I think it can vary from person to person as to what it more addictive and more effective. Personally I find the high of IV more addictive, but the act of smoking is more interesting, meaning that you can get addicted to the process, whereas I don't find the act of preparing a shot and then injecting to be fun at all.

I think smoking is much more addictive. Takes way less time to throw shards into a cracky, than to set up a fix. But yeah I find fixing up more addictive.. just the way it goes in.. then you know its registered when you see blood come back.. you start breathing again from focussing so hard before keeping your hands still, then BOOM.. shes in.. swab up (although you should only swab beforehand and alcohol will make it bleed more. but it kicks in this seperate placebo rush for me), was the rynge out, squirt it into ya mouth, then put it in the saf holder never to be used again.

Smoking ice, with the imputities and cuts (even if the shards are big you can recrysdtalise a lot of chemicals with meth in the same shard easily), can lead to major lung damage.

Doing a nice, clean, filtered hit is a lot safer imho. Unless they happened to put some bad water soluable shit in there......

^thats a toughy. Obviously smoking is bad for your lungs, but then again your giving whatever extra chemicals a chance to be boiled off/combusted or caught/filtered by your lungs before it hits your bloodstream.

Something just doesnt seem right about putting a clandestine chemical directly into you bloodstream, to be circulated through your entire body, leaving all the hard work for your liver.

Just my .02

Well okay, yeah you're right, theyre both dangerous with street gear. I do however think IVing (Verse smoking or snorting the product) would be very safe, if meth was available 99.9%+ pure from a real lab, like a pharmecutical company. Not a cement mixer up in the hills.