• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Herald Sun] - 19/07/2005 'Pill poison'

that article to me seemed quite a dangerous move for the war on drugs front . . .

by saying that basically "normal" people are doing and selling drugs, that almost legitmises ecstasy use . . .

see where im going with this? . . .

ayjay said:

Second shitty bit: morphine reported as adulterant. Now, I'm not going to contradict Cate Quinn's fine work over at VicPol forensics, but the last thing we need is anything that will add fuel to the myth that pills are cut with heroin. How often do pills tested have morphine as an ingredient? Not often I bet.

HVIII

Correct it's not often but our own Johnboy tested one at an event in 2001 or 2002 that indicated an opiate (morphine I think) plus a few people got sick from red CKs if I recall correctly a while ago and morphine was in the pills.

Re: NEWS: the invisible pill dealers

Tronica said:

In 2002, the wholesale price was $32 for 1000 pills.

Ah, the good old days :D

I think they mean $32 a single pill, if you were to buy 1000.
Still funny how vague they are.

Hell yeah I think I must of had good connections back then i'd say pill prices have gone way up since 2002.

I really want o see them try to pull off this sort of article but using alcohol instead of ecstasy. Exposing all those legal drug dealers and warning people of the possible dangers associated. But no, that wouldn't work, people already know alcohol is "safe", alcohol is fun right? and throwing up is not overdosing, its all just part of getting drunk.

What is really ironic is that underage kids don't get in trouble for underage drinking, but they get in trouble for drinking in public. It's pretty much like the laws advocate its use but instead of getting in trouble by parents they pretend to put some control on it, by warning kids that its okay to drink, just hide it from us. However it gets better, these kids have to drink in uncontrolled environments rather then being allowed into a club or pub where the level of intoxication is at least somewhat controlled and supervised.

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, yet its somehow justified for illegal drugs?

So where does this article get the general public, It seperates the drug users from the non-drug users by telling us that the stereotype doesn't fit drug users anymore. "Now you can be a junky on the street with a needle in your arm, from the comfort of your own bedroom" :)
and so what happens to the kids who read these articles and realise that most of its bullshit, but decide that they actually liked those CK pills and then decide to see which substance contained inside that they like best

Sorry if this is off topic but the common sense of the general population eludes me.

Maybe the average price from the seizure arrests were that price. I've seen on the illicit drug data report thing that a few people have paid $40~ for a 1000 pills. That could be either to throw the cops off to say that they're not close to the source, or they're just plain silly.

bunt said:
so what makes them invisible then?

because they're... wait for it.... NORMAL people! That's right! They don't have horns growing from their foreheads, or walk around with a needle sticking out of their arm and a sign saying "Junkie dealer, ahoy"

lol :|

^no - just 89 pills seized with CK logo - for all we know it was only a few batches (at least 2!)

crow011 said:
that article to me seemed quite a dangerous move for the war on drugs front . . .

by saying that basically "normal" people are doing and selling drugs, that almost legitmises ecstasy use . . .

see where im going with this? . . .

I thought i was the only one who read it that way... i suspect this journalist is a pill-user was told to write an article on ecstasy.... it wasn't completely anti-drugs... it brings it closer to home, makes people think "oh, so people i work with might even use drugs? wow, maybe it's not so bad" *wishful thinking*

I think the thing that grates on me most about articles on pills is that they focus on people not knowing what's in the pill..... well... there's a suprise! They're ILLEGAL!! but nowhere do they suggest that if they were legal, there would be quality control then drug use would be infinitely safer! ....argh!