• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Drug and Alcohol rehab jail (VIDEO)

just looked like a normal jail to me?

what was the difference??

NSW will gain its first dedicated alcohol and drug rehabilitation prison

NSW will gain its first dedicated alcohol and drug rehabilitation prison

NSW will gain its first dedicated alcohol and drug rehabilitation prison, the state government has announced.

Prisoners at the medium-security John Morony Correctional Centre near Windsor will be drug-tested weekly as part of the centre's intensive drug and alcohol treatment program that is set to begin in February in a bid to drop the state's high rate of recidivism.

Initially, 62 male prisoners will be in the program and by 2014 all 250 beds will be used for the program, as well as 50 beds at the female prison Dillwynia.

Offenders admitted to John Morony will be drug-tested weekly, be required to take a drug education program and have access to psychologists in a bid to help them overcome their addiction.

Inmates who fail the drug tests will be put in isolation in a 10-bed "non-compliance unit" of the jail.

Offenders convicted of sex offences will be excluded from the program.​

here

Some of those comments in the above link you posted were silly... Like, how does one get drugs in prison? Hmmmm... people have bums/deep rectal cavities allowing them to store large amount of powerful drugs in their poop shoot, so, well... Hmmm 8(

Sounds like a good program. I mean, shit, I bet a voluntary program might work better, and of course it all depends on the program's specifics. However, surely it's better than nothing.

America could learn something from all you Aussies. But what's new? It's the same with drinking beer ;) Too many of us are just nothing more than a bunch of prudes, but thankfully I don't live in such fundamentalist circles :\