• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: $15mil Ecstasy Cartel BUSTED!

YOU asked the question about how they know where in the "chain" they have come in, I stated that they got the press and the powder so they are most likley neer the top - next would be the cook

That last statement is also total speculation. Who's to say the cook doesn't want to remain at arms length from the presser and so intentionally ensures this by selling to someone 3or 4 away from the pressers, or that he only knows one trafficker, or that the trafficker also wants to remain distant from the pressing and so passes it on to another...or even that the trafficker wants to step on it first, so diverts it through another intermediate or 2?

In reality no-one knows unless perhaps he/she was part of the syndicate or the task force investigating the matter.

In the early 1980's a well known Australian crime figure (Australia's most wanted at the time) was involved in trafficking, apparently bringing drugs into the local area from ocean drops. There was plenty of this drug around the local area, but it all came from Sydney. Sydney via SEQ that is, as the conspirers had obviously figured that if it was first sent to Sydney, repackaged and brought back, no-one would be aware it was actually being brought into the place of its intended destination. Eventually this bloke was caught big time while overseas, but rumor has it this activity had gone on for years, with authorities looking everywhere for the source - apart from the destination that is.

So, when this sort of activity was occurring that long ago, isn't it just a might presumptuous - some might say fanciful - to even begin trying to piece together the origins of the said pills and powder, let alone the number of hands it went through? Unless of course you either know someone involved, or have access to police intelligence records.

ANDO420 said:
I cant speek for everyone, but I couldn't give two squirts of piss how they work it out - fact is cops lie and it was a fuckload of pills, nuff said.8(

Human nature I guess. We are all guilty of it at some time in our lives, not only the police.

^^did't say it was only the police, what I ment is - if they get a 1 mill bust they can just say it was 4mill and they look all that much better :\

phase_dancer
That last statement is also total speculation. Who's to say the cook doesn't want to remain at arms length from the presser and so intentionally ensures this by selling to someone 3or 4 away from the pressers, or that he only knows one trafficker, or that the trafficker also wants to remain distant from the pressing and so passes it on to another...or even that the trafficker wants to step on it first, so diverts it through another intermediate or 2?

In reality no-one knows unless perhaps he/she was part of the syndicate or the task force investigating the matter.

In the early 1980's a well known Australian crime figure (Australia's most wanted at the time) was involved in trafficking, apparently bringing drugs into the local area from ocean drops. There was plenty of this drug around the local area, but it all came from Sydney. Sydney via SEQ that is, as the conspirers had obviously figured that if it was first sent to Sydney, repackaged and brought back, no-one would be aware it was actually being brought into the place of its intended destination. Eventually this bloke was caught big time while overseas, but rumor has it this activity had gone on for years, with authorities looking everywhere for the source - apart from the destination that is.

So, when this sort of activity was occurring that long ago, isn't it just a might presumptuous - some might say fanciful - to even begin trying to piece together the origins of the said pills and powder, let alone the number of hands it went through? Unless of course you either know someone involved, or have access to police intelligence records.

fair call mate - I didnt even think of it like that, now you put that point across - it would be virtualy impossible to figure out where the pills are from and how many ppl were involved, now in saying this if you get a few guys they MIGHT rat out a few more and so on and so on.....

lil angel15 said:
Wow, Thanks for the lesson on a supply chain. And all these years I thought the guy I was getting it off was the chemist. 8)

However there is one flaw in your theory T.B.K, How do the police know where they have jumped in on the chain.
Is it at the bottom? Is it in the middle?

Knowing how a supply chain works does not answer the question I was asking nor support Cosmos argument that value is worked out in cumulative terms. Thanks for your input though:\

Usually when the cops make their move, they know their relationship on the chain...

SpecTBK=D

Churchill's great grandson in $12m drug case
Leonie Lamont
May 4, 2007

Lawyers for Nicholas Barton, the great grandson of legendary British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill, have asked a Sydney court to adjourn committal proceedings on serious drug charges while they continue to have discussions with state prosecutors.

Nicholas Jake Gompo Barton, 34, appeared in Central Local Court today, along with co-acused Rees Gerard Woodgate.

The two were arrested last June, charged over a multi-million ecstasy operation.

Police seized 55 kilograms of ecstasy tablets, with a street value of $12.5 million during raids on apartments in the Eastern suburbs, and other premises.

The two have been charged with the commercial supply and manufacturer of a prohibited drug, which attracts a possible life sentence.

Their lawyer, Paul Hardin, asked Magistrate Jayeann Carney for an adjournment to allow written submissions to be made to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Ms Carney queried whether a "plea bargain" was in the offing, and listed the matter before her later this month.

Crown prosecutor Daryl Gunter said if the DPP accepted the submissions from Barton and Woodgate, he expected the two would be committed on fewer charges to the District Court.

Barton, blonde, and wearing a white shirt, has been in jail since his arrest last June.

He did not apply for bail.

Barton, who has addresses in both the UK and Australia, took out Australian citizenship as an adult, and in 1999 graduated from the University of Tasmania as a Bachelor of Applied Science.

He is the only son of Arabella Churchill, whose father, Randolph, was Sir Winston's son.

SMH

250 000 pills would be lucky to last the Sydney ecstacy scene a weekend. .[/QUOTE said:
So working that out on an average of each person taking 3 pills that would mean that 83 333 people take pills a weekened in Sydney.. Do you really reckon it could be that many??? Or is 3 pills not an appropriate average??

I am not dissing your point i find it interesting that the ecstacy scene is that big?? Im probably just showing my inexperience here but yeh :)

^^^I cant back this up, but I would think that about that many would go through Sydney on a weekend. That is, not people in the Sydney met area, but including pills moved from Sydney to other Sydneyites, up north to Newcastle, the Central Coast, down to the Gong etc.

After all, Sydney is the hub for NSW.

Churchill name dragged into court in drug case
Leonie Lamont | May 4, 2007

THE British and Germans agree on few things, but on one story they are united: Sir Winston Churchill's great-grandson as an alleged drug manufacturer and supplier is an antipodean story worth covering.

Yesterday, as Churchill's descendant Nicholas Jake Gompo Barton, 34, appeared in Central Local Court, a reporter from the German magazine Park Avenue was there to chart the travails of a young man who was born eight years after his illustrious great grandsire's death.

The British press's tabloid interest was no surprise.

Last June Barton and his co-accused Rees Gerard Woodgate, 43, were arrested over their alleged involvement in a multi-million-dollar ecstasy operation.

A three-month police investigation, Operation Lanyard, resulted in the two being charged with supplying a commercial quantity of prohibited drugs - about 55 kilograms of ecstasy - and of knowingly taking part in the manufacture of 23 kilograms of the drug.

Police have told the court they seized 55 kilograms of ecstasy tablets, with a street value of $12.5 million, during raids on apartments in the eastern suburbs and other premises.

The offences carry a maximum life sentence.

In documents before the magistrate Jayeann Carney, Detective Sergeant Peter Glynn said that during a search of an apartment the men used in in Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, he found cream-coloured tablets with a Volkswagen logo on them.

Police have said that they seized pill presses used to manufacture the tablets - which were stamped with car logos, including those of Volkswagen, Maserati and Mercedes.

Among the dozens of exhibits was a large sum of money, Australian and British driving licences for Barton - with a Bristol address - a receipt for storage facilities and a lanyard containing 17 keys.

One piece of paper contained notations about "Oranegybean, Pinksters, purps, TT shirts, Blueboys, Greeney, Yellows, Reds".

The lawyer for the men, Paul Hardin, asked Ms Carney for an adjournment to allow written submissions to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Ms Carney queried whether a "plea bargain" was likely, and listed the matter for hearing before her later this month.

Barton has been in jail since his arrest last June. He did not apply for bail.

Barton took Australian citizenship as an adult, and in 1999 graduated from the University of Tasmania with a Bachelor of Applied Science.

He is the only son of Arabella Churchill, whose father, Randolph, was Sir Winston's son.

Brisbane Times

lil angel15 said:
Wow, Thanks for the lesson on a supply chain. And all these years I thought the guy I was getting it off was the chemist. 8)

However there is one flaw in your theory T.B.K, How do the police know where they have jumped in on the chain.
Is it at the bottom? Is it in the middle?

Knowing how a supply chain works does not answer the question I was asking nor support Cosmos argument that value is worked out in cumulative terms. Thanks for your input though:\

Usually the bottom = lil raver eating cookie at party...

SpecTBK=D

Jimity said:
^^^I cant back this up, but I would think that about that many would go through Sydney on a weekend. That is, not people in the Sydney met area, but including pills moved from Sydney to other Sydneyites, up north to Newcastle, the Central Coast, down to the Gong etc.

After all, Sydney is the hub for NSW.

A study came out not long ago saying it was estimated that 200,000 pills are munched Australia-wide each weekend. So this bust would have only taken about a weekend's worth of pills off the streets.

I doubt this is going to make any difference on price of pills at all.

Churchill's great-grandson jailed for drug plot
Edmund Tadros
December 20, 2007 - 1:33PM

nicholasbarton300.jpg

Barton ... jailed for three years.

The great-grandson of Sir Winston Churchill has been sentenced to three years' jail for being part of a multi-million dollar party drug syndicate.

Nicholas Jake Barton, 33, had pleaded guilty in the Downing Centre District Court in Sydney to knowingly taking part in supplying a commercial quantity of a prohibited drug.

The judge said it was brought to his attention that Barton was a relative of Sir Winston Churchill.

"The fact that the offender descends from a hero of the 20th century does not affect the penalty I must impose," Justice C.D. Charteris said.

Barton, wearing a dark suit, white shirt and silver tie, did not not react when the sentence was read.

Justice Charteris said he had to take into account the deterrent value of the sentence to the offender and the community, but Barton's early admission of guilt, added to the fact the Crown did not have a strong case, meant that he considered Barton to have good prospects for rehabilitation.

Barton was arrested in June during police raids in Sydney's eastern suburbs, following a three-month investigation.

About 250,000 tablets, 18kg of MDMA - the powder used to make the drug - and two industrial pill presses were confiscated by police.

The tablets had a street value of $12.5 million and the powder was worth $2.5 million.

Barton admitted that he had sublet a property in South Coogee to a co-defendent, Reese Gerard Woodgate, 42, a New Zealander, who also pleaded guilty.

Barton said he then found out Woodgate was involved in the "neferious business" of the manufacturer and distribution of drugs, according to the agreed facts, read out by Justice Charteris.

"To my [eternal] regret I did not take any action to stop this," Barton said in a statement read out by the judge.

In the statement, Barton said he regretted bringing disgrace and shame upon his family because of the crime.

Barton was given a 20-month non-parole period in court today, and will be eligible for release next February as he has been in custody since June 2006.

Judge Charteris said he was satisfied that Barton had shown remorse and the reason for the short non-parole period was that his mother - Arabella Spencer Churchill, granddaughter of Sir Winston and daughter of his son, Randolph - was terminally ill in the UK with pancreatic cancer and had a life expectancy of between four and five months.

She elected not to have chemotherapy and the judge hoped that Barton would have time to visit her after serving his sentence.

SMH

Churchill's great-grandson sentenced
December 20, 2007 - 1:09PM

The great-grandson of Britain's wartime leader Sir Winston Churchill has been sentenced to at least 20 months jail for his part in a $15 million ecstasy supply operation in Sydney.

But Nicholas Jake Barton will be eligible for parole in February next year, in time to visit his terminally ill mother in the UK.

Judge Colin Charteris told Downing Centre District Court there had been an opportunity to "temper justice with mercy".

Barton's mother, Arabella Spencer Churchill, the granddaughter of Sir Winston and daughter of his son Randolph, is expected to die from pancreatic cancer by April, the court was told.

Barton, 34, pleaded guilty earlier this year to taking part in supplying a commercial quantity of a prohibited drug in June 2006.

But Judge Charteris found he had only a "belated and limited role in the supply of the drugs seized by police".

The judge said: "In determining the appropriateness of the sentence, the fact the defendant is descended from a hero of the 20th century does not affect the sentence I must impose."

He said it "was of historical importance only".

The court was told Barton sublet a rental property in Malabar Road, in the eastern Sydney suburb of Coogee, to his co-accused, New Zealander Reese Gerard Woodgate, in early June 2006.

When police raided the property on June 17 of that year they found a black backpack containing 10kg of ecstasy tablets and 12kg of MDMA - the powder used to make the drug.

A pill press, four tins of acetone, scales, gloves and other equipment were also seized.

The court heard Barton was living with his wife and young stepdaughter in Byron Bay at the time, but had rented the property with the intention of moving to Sydney in September 2006.

He sublet it to Woodgate to avoid paying rent in the intervening three months.

Barton did not give evidence during his trial but provided a statement to the court.

In it, he claimed when he first sublet the property he did not know Woodgate would involve himself in the illegal drug trade.

But Barton admitted that when he did find out, "to my utter regret, I didn't take action to stop it ... and became complicit."

Judge Charteris found there was no evidence Barton had been enriched by his involvement.

He added Barton's guilty plea, despite the Crown's weak case, indicated "genuine contrition".

Barton had references from his uncle - the former British MP also named Winston Churchill, as well as Sir Winston's last surviving child.

He was sentenced to three years jail with a minimum term of 20 months, backdated to June 17 last year, when he was first taken into custody.

He will be eligible for parole on February 16, 2008, and Judge Charteris said he should then be granted permission to leave the country in order to visit his dying mother.

Sir Winston was Britain's Conservative prime minister from 1940 until the end of World War II in 1945, then again for four years from 1951.

The AGE

AcidRain said:
I doubt this is going to make any difference on price of pills at all.

I don't know why everyone makes this comment after a bust, It's not about spurring up dealers prices. It's about getting banned substances off the street.

Besides anyone that pays over $xx for an 'E' is gettin jipped.... (I know, if you're paying over $xx you're getting ripped really, but being a little realistic)

Ecstasy- Expensive, Dirty Crap, Left over contaminant extracts from manufacture= Crap, dirty, rip off

SpecTBK=D

[EDIT: No prices. Lil Angel15]

Last edited by a moderator: