View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Newcomer to Psychedelic Drugs.

fermonos

Bluelighter
I've only even taken Ecstasy and MDMA, and both times I've been in a nightclub setting and HEAVILY intoxicated.

I really enjoy Ecstasy, I feel like I can actually feel the music inside of me. MDMA, I can't really remember how I felt on it and didn't do too much of it anyway.

Anyway I'm wanting to get into some Psychedelics but while in a sober state. I've tried weed sober and it usually gives me anxiety attacks, not sure if it's even classed a Psychedelic anyway.

I would like to know some options of lesser power Psychedelic drugs to take while sober. I thought Mushrooms would be a good starting point but after reading up, it's supposedly for the more experienced user, same for LSD.

Also, what doses/weight etc should I take these Psychedelics at. I don't want to feel too fucked up for my first time, I want to ween myself into it so I can try and minimise a bad trip/anxiety attack. I don't have any benzos which I've heard help bad trips so yeah.

Thanks for reading up until this point, I'd love to hear your suggestions on which Psychedelic and what dose.

dose would be hard to set but the usual approach is one tab of your chosen lysergamide which I think should be ald-52 considering that weed makes you jumpy. and most other choices are more stimulant than ald-52

Are you looking to get research chemicals then? Psychedelics are psychedelics and unless you specifically go for something that's less mentally manifesting like 2C-B, 2C-C, etc. then there's always going to be the possibility for a bad trip. It's a low probability though unless you're mentally unstable, dealing with serious depression, etc. LSD is the classic for a reason, just don't dose high.

After a quick google search it's apparent that ald-52 is a Class-A in the UK, which means it's among heroin and cocaine. So I'm going to guess that not many websites will send it out to me, haha. First website I checked came up with a popup saying 'we do not ship this to the United Kingdom'.

Same goes for the 2C-B and 2C-C. Seems that all types of variations of LSD are probably a Class-A in the UK. I guess I'll have to try and find someone round where I live to get some generic LSD.

..... LSD is the classic for a reason, just don't dose high.
This is probably the best advice if you insist on having the psychedelic experience. LSD is a clean and pure experience, so try hard not to be tempted to drink more than a small amount of alcohol. There will probably always be a short period during the come-up where a sort of "adjustment" takes place - often manifested as a mild sense of anxiety. It soon passes (15-20 minutes I generally find) and you're on your way to bliss and wonder.

Having said that there are some people who report that a low dose is not enough to overwhelm the slight anxiety and this can persist. I don't find this myself so it's an idiosyncratic thing. It certainly won't do you any harm and anyway if it is the case it will get you used to the "otherworldly" feeling that having a trip entails. Don't let it automatically put you off.

Remember this. More people - in fact vastly more people - in the world have had, and continue to have, an utterly amazing time on acid than don't.

............. and one last thing, pay careful attention to set and setting.

Are you looking to get research chemicals then? Psychedelics are psychedelics and unless you specifically go for something that's less mentally manifesting like 2C-B, 2C-C, etc. then there's always going to be the possibility for a bad trip. It's a low probability though unless you're mentally unstable, dealing with serious depression, etc. LSD is the classic for a reason, just don't dose high.

you know that difficult trip issues are not related so much to the class of drug, but to set setting and dosage (relative to sensitivity, body weight (and purity)).
the very idea of "bad" trip is wonky anyway,
difficult challenges that make you cower maybe encountered with any recreational endeavor including skiing

when we face the moment and are not crushed it's great
when we are crushed and reborn it is also great
when we hang onto our pain or fear it is not so great.

So for harm reduction purposes. What is the best practices to source good LSD which you guys are talking about above. I've of that 25I-NBOMe being passed off as LSD or whatever and it's killing people.

I don't mean tell me which website is safest etc, I mean what procedures can I do once I have found said LSD myself to ensure it's the safe stuff.

This is very important to me, as if I thought for a moment I had been given something other than the normal LSD it would put me on a panic attack and I would probably end up in the emergency room or in a very bad trip.

Example, what will it look like, taste like, smell like, or even if what testing equipment I can use. Thank you guys, I can see this being a life changing event for me!

First of all hello, and it's great to hear from you. Here are some suggestions that I hope will help to keep your journey on track.

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance is to avoid taking too much. Bad trip always equals too much substance for the situation. Of key importance is that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean people you're with are taking 2-3 tabs (or grams of mushrooms) and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 of that. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL. You can avoid ever having a bad trip. Here's how.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Only you can establish your own tolerance. You do this by trial and error. Start with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. You need to follow this procedure with every single batch of every single new substance. 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than 1/2 of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 of something else. Always approach your tolerance gradually, by testing every new batch/substance yourself, first.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke pot when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. Also, magic mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so I suggest you steer clear of those until you are more experienced. Look into ALD-52 which is readily available online. (30 mics would be a good starting point). Look into 4-HO-MET (not sure if that is controlled in the UK). 10 mg is the place to start.

Seen this? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY

Last edited:
After a quick google search it's apparent that ald-52 is a Class-A in the UK, which means it's among heroin and cocaine. So I'm going to guess that not many websites will send it out to me, haha. First website I checked came up with a popup saying 'we do not ship this to the United Kingdom'.

Same goes for the 2C-B and 2C-C. Seems that all types of variations of LSD are probably a Class-A in the UK. I guess I'll have to try and find someone round where I live to get some generic LSD.

*All* psychoactive drugs except for caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and prescription drugs are now illegal in the UK now that the Psychoactive Substances Act of 2016 is in effect.

Anyway, if you are going to take LSD, make sure you can be reasonably sure of the source - most tabs are probably underdosed (so something advertised as having 150 µg of LSD might not even have 100 µg per blotter on it), and many tabs do not contain LSD at all but rather a compound from the NBOMe-series (LSD is effectively impossible to OD on, whereas NBOMe's can be lethal, especially if multiple tabs are taken) or a DOx (not quite as dangerous as NBOMe's, but too stimulating and long-lasting for the average psychonaut), which is why it is generally a good idea to use a reagent test.

The disillusionment that follows a bad trip can take years to get past, but it can be done. I suggest getting back on the horse, in a small way. But steer clear of mushrooms (people who know will tell you that mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people). Look into 4-HO-MET (not sure if that is controlled in the UK). 10 mg is the place to start.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke pot when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. Also, magic mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so I suggest you steer clear of those until you are more experienced. Look into ALD-52 which is readily available online. (30 mics would be a good starting point.)

Both 4-HO-MET and ALD-52 are Class A drugs in the UK. Not that it matters because they eventually figured out they couldn't keep up with all the new analogues and recently passed legislature that blanket-bans all existing and future unregulated psychoactive compounds :(

First of all hello, and it's great to hear from you. Here are some suggestions that I hope will help to keep your journey on track.

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance is to avoid taking too much. Bad trip always equals too much substance for the situation. Of key importance is that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean people you're with are taking 2-3 tabs (or grams of mushrooms) and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 of that. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL. You can avoid ever having a bad trip. Here's how.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Only you can establish your own tolerance. You do this by trial and error. Start with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. You need to follow this procedure with every single batch of every single new substance. 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than 1/2 of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 of something else. Always approach your tolerance gradually, by testing every new batch/substance yourself, first.

The disillusionment that follows a bad trip can take years to get past, but it can be done. I suggest getting back on the horse, in a small way. But steer clear of mushrooms (people who know will tell you that they are high anxiety for a lot of people). Look into 4-HO-MET (not sure if that is controlled in the UK). 10 mg is the place to start.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke pot when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. Also, magic mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so I suggest you steer clear of those until you are more experienced. Look into ALD-52 which is readily available online. (30 mics would be a good starting point.)

Seen this? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY

I plan on taking the normal LSD which everyone is on about. I don't really know the exact chemical name for it but you probably know which one I mean. I plan on taking 1/4 or 1/3 of a normal dose for my first time and working my way up as if it's too intense I'll may just panic and end up having a panic attack.

As for smoking weed, that'll be no problem as I hate the stuff, I can never seem to get high off it without having a full on anxiety attack, even being around others smoking it puts me on edge. I'm fine smoking it when I'm really drunk.

Which comes to a question I really need to ask and would love some advice on it, I've taken MDMA and Ecstasy while drunk and felt fine, no panic etc. This is probably because I'm so drunk I don't even care what's going on, so would it be safe to get a bit drunk and then take the LSD or is that a bad combo?

...would it be safe to get a bit drunk and then take the LSD or is that a bad combo?

Alcohol + LSD is no problem at all...I can recall having a thousand beers myself on various occasions. Psychedelics are a serious affair, though, and if you let it, your journey inward will change forever the way you look at life and the universe. Great meeting you.

As many will disagree on using weed while tripping, same could be said of alcohol. I personally wouldn't touch any of them till the end of the trip.
In my humble opinion, weed adds anxiety and alcohol makes things foggier.

Yup, your opinion is ratings Hypno - I personally think that if your on one proper (I have fairly limited experience with psyches, and have only ever taken 'classical' drugs of this type, acid and mushrooms) then alcohol just muddies the effect, and imo it's a waste of weed to be smoking it when one should be high enough anyway. I don't find that it makes me more anxious in particular, if I go on a bad one then that's basically that and I don't need weed to have a bad trip.
I do, again personally, find that moderate dosage of a smooth, long acting benzodiazepine (such as diazepam, nothing hard or heavy like a triazolo or temazepam) is perfect for steering bad trips back into the right direction, as they still provide excellent anxiolysis without dampening the trip too much.

I don't bother with proper LSD (25?) any more due to my anxiety so my POC now is usually mushrooms, or 1-P LSD which I actually now prefer to standard acid, as it's more serotonergic, shorter acting but still with the legs and depth for complex psychonaughtistry (It's only through my increased confidence with using this drug that has allowed me to experience what I would assume would be standard, profound psych. experiences such as ego - death and 'level 8A geometry' type effects.) It's so lovely that I took the plunge while at a rave back in the summer and used 200ug to flip about 300 -350mg of quality MDMA crystal, (my first time ever using a lysergamide with ecstasy).

It was fucking amazing. I have never been so high in my entire life - I danced so fucking hard my legs just went from under me like a baby giraffe come lights up, music off at 6.15am or so.

WRT to weed and tripping, I think for a newbie it should be avoided, especially if it makes you anxious when taken alone anyway. My first trip, many years ago, was acid and at the time I was a daily smoker, plus the cannabis around in those days was very different to what is available now!
As regards to legality, as previously mentioned every damn thing is illegal in this country but of course that does not make it unobtainable. The most important thing, which you have already recognised, is to ensure that you get what you think you are getting. Whenever I receive a new batch of anything, especially blotters, I always take a small amount to assess that I have not received something else. This is particularly important if you are getting street acid which could easily turn out to be a nasty nBOME as you say.