• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie - Tapering off GHB/GBL 24/7 dosing

MinieG

Greenlighter
Hi all, I'm New to blue light. I have been dosing 24/7 either GHB/GBL I'm unsure exactly which one but it isn't salty it tastes chemically. I was dosing around 2-2.5 every hour or 2 give or take for around 3 months. I would wake every 3 hours and if I didnt have a drink I would not be able to sleep at all. I obviously didn't know the consequences of my stupid actions otherwise I wouldn't be in the position I'm in. I went through withdrawals for about 3 days not actually realising what was wrong or that it was because I hadn't had a drink, my eyes were so badly sunken into my face my partners parents asked him if I was ok as my eyes were sunken in and I looked retartded, something else happens to my face in withdrawals I can't explain it it's like i lose all my muscles or nerves in my face and it just droops, no one believed me untill the other day my partner got home I was 8 hours into a withdrawal he walked in and cried seeing me and couldn't look at me untill I had a dose, when I have one, my face goes back to normal, has anyone not experienced anything similar or has or knows a good tapering plan I'm down to 1.8 every 3 hours, I still need it to sleep any help much appreciated ☺️

Wow, Minie, welcome to BL. I didn't know GHB could do that. Your timeline is interesting too. But you're not actually sure what you were drinking? Where did it come from?

I've never heard of any kind of withdrawals like that. But GHB is an odd little guy pharmacologically. There's actually a lot of unknowns with it, even a brand new receptor nobody knew about. But I'm sure the experts here will tell you all about GHB withdrawal. Although I'm not sure which forum is best for this.

If I were you I'd just make a thread in the Basic Drugs Discussion, with a few line breaks and maybe some more details about what this mystery drink is like.

GBL/GHB- withdrawal from 24/7 dosing

Newbie - Tapering off GHB/GBL 24/7 dosing
Hi all, I'm New to blue light. I have been dosing 24/7 either GHB/GBL I'm unsure exactly which one but it isn't salty it tastes chemically so I'm guessing this is GBL

I was dosing around 2-2.5 every hour or 2 give or take for around 3 months. I would wake every 3 hours and if I didnt have a drink I would not be able to sleep at all and it is still the same I can not sleep if I don't have it.

I obviously didn't know the consequences of my stupid actions otherwise I wouldn't be in the position I'm in.

I went through withdrawals for about 3 days not actually realising what was wrong or that it was because I hadn't had a drink, my eyes were so badly sunken into my face my partners parents asked him if I was ok as my eyes were sunken in and I looked retartded, something else happens to my face in withdrawals I can't explain it it's like i lose all my muscles or nerves in my face and it just droops, no one believed me untill the other day my partner got home I was 8 hours into a withdrawal he walked in and cried seeing me and couldn't look at me untill I had a dose, when I have one, my face goes back to normal.

has anyone not experienced anything similar or has or knows a good tapering plan I'm down to 1.8 every 3 hours, I still need it to sleep any help much appreciated ☺️

Thank you in advanced.