• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie...Help Please

TurboRegalGirl

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm from the US and recently due to some surgery complications I was prescribed for nerve/chronic pain Gabapentin 300MG, Cymbalta 60MG (which I thought was for depression but found out it's used for other issues) Vicodin 7.5 (but off that now due to next prescription) and Butalbital 50-Acetamin 325-Caff 40 and never even heard of last one and I am 42 years old!
Anyways my question is...I know this will sound odd but due to a very great education and career with one of the largest Insurance companies, I have never taken a drug other than of course caffeine and alcohol until now...never been on prescriptions or anything but I am fed up and realized I have missed out on so much fun in life. My kids are both in college now and because of my high position within my corporation I will never be asked to take a drug screen and a few days ago I was given 10 pills of ecstasy.
Can anyone tell me how many I take and if I will have issues with mixing my prescriptions and ecstasy! I know it sounds crazy I even want to try it but why not???
Thanks in advance for any information and feedback!
Sorry if this was in the wrong thread to post!

You actually need to be careful considering the fact that you are on an SNRI (Duloxetine). There can be some potentially dangerous interactions between the two substances.

Thank you, so it's the Cymbalta I need to worry about? You would think with the barbituate she also put me on mixing that and Cymbalta wouldn't be good. For never being on any prescriptions I can't even see straight right now with what's what!!

Moderate inhibitor being one that causes at least a 2-fold increase in the plasma AUC values, or 50-80% decrease in clearance.[18]

Cymbalta is a moderate inhibitor of p450 cyp 2d6 (18)
(18) Flockhart DA (2007). "Drug Interactions: Cytochrome P450 Drug Interaction Table". Indiana University School of Medicine. Retrieved on July 2011

Mdma is metabolizes by p450 cyp 2d6 .
[92] Kolbrich, Erin A; Goodwin, Robert S; Gorelick, David A; Hayes, Robert J; Stein, Elliot A; Huestis, Marilyn A (June 2008). "Plasma Pharmacokinetics of 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine After Controlled Oral Administration to Young Adults". Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 30 (3): 320–332. doi:10.1097/FTD.0b013e3181684fa0.

Therefore, consumption of ecstasy assuming it is mdma which it vert likely isnt (see whats in my baggie on youtube by vice ) in addition to the potentially life threatening seritonin syndrome a roughly 67% increase in peak levels and duration may occur making it unplesantly long or uncomfortable at peak.

The nri properties of duloxetine cojld cause increased risk of hypertension and rapid heart rate on xtc

Gabapentin and barbituates if are for seizures or anxiety disorders xtc can trigger panic and seizures

Moderate inhibitor being one that causes at least a 2-fold increase in the plasma AUC values, or 50-80% decrease in clearance.[18]

Cymbalta is a moderate inhibitor of p450 cyp 2d6 (18)
(18) Flockhart DA (2007). "Drug Interactions: Cytochrome P450 Drug Interaction Table". Indiana University School of Medicine. Retrieved on July 2011

Mdma is metabolizes by p450 cyp 2d6 .
[92] Kolbrich, Erin A; Goodwin, Robert S; Gorelick, David A; Hayes, Robert J; Stein, Elliot A; Huestis, Marilyn A (June 2008). "Plasma Pharmacokinetics of 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine After Controlled Oral Administration to Young Adults". Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 30 (3): 320–332. doi:10.1097/FTD.0b013e3181684fa0.

Therefore, consumption of ecstasy assuming it is mdma which it vert likely isnt (see whats in my baggie on youtube by vice ) in addition to the potentially life threatening seritonin syndrome a roughly 67% increase in peak levels and duration may occur making it unplesantly long or uncomfortable at peak.

The nri properties of duloxetine cojld cause increased risk of hypertension and rapid heart rate on xtc

Gabapentin and barbituates if are for seizures or anxiety disorders xtc can trigger panic and seizures

I'm not sure if you're just well educated for high school or barely networked/connected in real life, but MDMA is easier to find than ever these days. Most presses are in fact MDMA, and strong at that, much more so if in Europe. I used to say the same thing, 'it's probably not MDMA...probably not acid' etc etc back in high school until I made friends in real life who enjoyed recreational substances as well and now I could find crystal MDMA, presses, acid, and a whole slew of whatever else, guaranteed to be as purchased, without a blink of an eye.

TurboRegalGirl, welcome to Bluelight. As mentioned, you probably want to stop the Cymbalta for a week or two before taking any MDMA. I would disregard d1nach's comments besides those on pharmacology.

Do you have any more questions?

Im 21 i graduated a year or two ago.

And, I agree it very likely is not mdma isnt accurate. I do not know if it is mdma. You may want to consider getting it tested with a reagent to determine if it is a cathinone or mdma.

Thank you, being highly educated myself I feel like a complete idiot asking these questions especially at my age but in fact dating a younger man that wants me to try it with him before sexually activities!
I have the pills sitting right in front of me and have NO clue what type they are why some have a smiley round face and some are diamond shape Superman logos! Talk about feeling like a complete fool!!!

Just be careful there are many more kinds of education then schooling. I like chemistry alot but know nothing about cars. So if i decided to go buy one im more likely to get a lemon car it break down on the highway and i die in a blaze of fire vs someone who maybe dad was mechanianic and they hung around a autoshop all their life would of probably said after one quick look under the hood are you trying to screw me ? If i drive this garbage ill die.

I'm not sure if you're just well educated for high school or barely networked/connected in real life, but MDMA is easier to find than ever these days. Most presses are in fact MDMA, and strong at that, much more so if in Europe. I used to say the same thing, 'it's probably not MDMA...probably not acid' etc etc back in high school until I made friends in real life who enjoyed recreational substances as well and now I could find crystal MDMA, presses, acid, and a whole slew of whatever else, guaranteed to be as purchased, without a blink of an eye.

TurboRegalGirl, welcome to Bluelight. As mentioned, you probably want to stop the Cymbalta for a week or two before taking any MDMA. I would disregard d1nach's comments besides those on pharmacology.

Do you have any more questions?

I do have one more question for you! After doing some research on Cymbalta it sounds as though consumers that were on it for the same nerve pain issues as am I had suicidal thoughts and some depressed to the extent of trying to commit suicide and many successful in doing so while withdrawing from stopping the medication. I know you said to possibly give one to two weeks of stopping it before trying ecstasy but it sounds like stopping it cold turkey is not a smart idea.
It's sad to think that the legal drugs they prescribed me sound more dangerous than the illegal ones on the market today! I'm not on Cymbalta for depression and sure do not want to become depressed because of it. I just wanted to try something fun and exciting in my life.
So with these pills I have how do I know what's exactly in them, it sounds like they could all be mixed with other drugs? I can't seem to find an answer searching after many hours online. Like I said before they have different logos and are all different shapes, is there anyway to find this out?
I do appreciate all of your help! I just hate not knowing things when normally I can gather information easily, talk about feeling dumb in this subject!!

-The highly educated yet dumb female

When it comes to pill identification, pillreports.net is the place to go. If you're in Europe or Africa the MDMA press threads in that local forum here are also good, you could make a post in that thread with all the presses you have asking if anyone knows about them. The North and South America forums aren't near as active if I remember correctly. Is the man you're dating knowledgeable about drugs in general? If he is I would trust him - although that's not good harm reduction advice.

About the Cymbalta, I doubt you'd become suicidal from withdrawing off of them if you're in a stable place emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, but then again, I'm not a doctor and haven't done too much reading on SSRI/SNRIs/and the like. You may have some issues going off of them cold turkey though. Is there a specific time you're wanting to take the MDMA or can you wait more than a few weeks? You could always taper yourself off them for the next 2-3 weeks, wait 5-7 days after your last dose, then take the MDMA?

I'm in the US, so will I check the pillreports.net out and thank you again for all the information! As for trusting the guy I am "friends with benefits" dating, I have known him for years but he has not done any drugs until recently himself and as for trusting him...I do not trust anyone these days! Ha!
It would just totally suck to put in leyman terms to OD on an experiment to enhance our sexual pleasure if you know what I mean!!!
As for the Cymbalta it sounds like a very interesting yet terrible drug! In my city where the Eli Lilly Corp is (one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the US) during testing a single white female in her twenties with no health issues including no depression was on the prescription for two months and while they were :weaning: her off of it she actually hung herself in the testing lab. That is a scary drug that I now wish had researched before trusting my physician!
Hey, btw how on earth did you get an image to work in your link for your profile, I've tried everything Ha!!!

About that girl....holy mother of god....... You said you're on it for nerve pain? Have you tried pregabalin or gabapentin (can't remember which is for nerve pain, they're very similar)? They work on the GABA receptors leaving alone serotonin and dopamine (directly at least) and don't have anywhere near the side effects and debilitating consequences that SSRI/SNRIs can have. The fact that you're only dealing with nerve pain and on Cymbalta is honestly baffling to me, although it may just be a now not so surprising case of 'doctor in bed with pharmaceutical company' seeing you're in the same city as Eli Lilly. Tell your doctor you've been doing your research, are not willing to continue on a regimen of a drug so potentially dangerous and life threatening, and request gabapentin or pregabalin.

That being said, does he or anyone you know have a test kit? Check pillreports, and if your presses aren't on there - and even if they are, there's duplicate presses out there sometimes - get a set of test regeants from DanceSafe.

About the image, are you trying to link to a URL or upload yourself? If linking, it may be an incorrect URL or unreachable address by BL's servers. If uploading, be sure you're following the resolution and data size guidelines provided on the upload page.

Serotonin syndrome is extremely rare. But real. Also I'd take 1/2 pill or 1 pill to make sure you're not allergic.

Also I second getting a test from dancesafe.

I'd take 1/2 pill or 1 pill to make sure you're not allergic.

She shouldn't be taking more than one pill for her full dose, let alone an allergy test. Bad advice.

If you're really allergy/contraindication testing 1/10 or 1/20 of a pill is the range to be using.

You must have missed my first post...HaHa
Hi, I'm from the US and recently due to some surgery complications I was prescribed for nerve/chronic pain Gabapentin 300MG, Cymbalta 60MG (which I thought was for depression but found out it's used for other issues) Vicodin 7.5 (but off that now due to next prescription) and Butalbital 50-Acetamin 325-Caff 40 and never even heard of last one and I am 42 years old!
Anyways my question is...I know this will sound odd but due to a very great education and career with one of the largest Insurance companies, I have never taken a drug other than of course caffeine and alcohol until now...never been on prescriptions or anything but I am fed up and realized I have missed out on so much fun in life. My kids are both in college now and because of my high position within my corporation I will never be asked to take a drug screen and a few days ago I was given 10 pills of ecstasy.
Can anyone tell me how many I take and if I will have issues with mixing my prescriptions and ecstasy! I know it sounds crazy I even want to try it but why not???
Thanks in advance for any information and feedback!
Sorry if this was in the wrong thread to post!

Hahahaha whoops =D 8)

I see you got the profile picture working, nice! I'm really not sure what else to say regarding the Cymbalta then.

Yes, I did and thank you!!!
It's kind of funny I expected the barbiturates that I was on to have a negative effect with ecstasy then Cymbalta...

I can see why someone not read up on all these things would imagine so :)

As a rule of thumb, there's generally not any horrible interactions when it comes to recreational drugs outside the realms of Serotonin. All of your main contraindications that persist from high to low dosages are going to be surrounding it. That's of course not a steadfast rule, opiates and benzos are dangerous together as they both suppress respiratory function and can thus cause death, but then that's simply a synergistic effect easily avoidable by careful and knowledgeable dosing. And I'm sure I'm missing other common no-no's. But generally barbiturates, benzos, alcohol, and other GABA agonists can for the most part mix with anything else given safe dosing procedures. Psychedelics which affect serotonin can mix with most else without negative effect, simply having no effect when mixed with SSRIs/SNRIs/etc. Whereas MDMA, also mainly acting on Serotonin, but acting in a generally different way than psychedelics, can actually have dangerous effects when mixed.

The whole don't mix uppers and downers thing is pretty much bullshit unless you're recklessly using. Etc etc. Interesting stuff.

But again, anyone reading, do not assume a combination with the aforementioned drugs is safe simply because I said it probably will be, and on and on. Do your research. It's the only thing protecting you.

Good idea
And if you must mix I'd di so slowly if at all possible. One at a time instead of all at once due to the possibility that they do act synergistically harmful against you. Just my personal advice here take even it with a grain of salt by itself.

What do you think about me trying just one of them on my own? My only issue is I do not know the difference in the 10 I have?!? All different shapes and logos, one has a smiley face and some are diamond shape Superman logos...very confusing drug I must say!!8(