Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Harm Reduction New York opens USA's first supervised overdose prevention sites

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
There is so much evidence that supervised injecting locations for drug users save lives and also actually reduce crime in the surrounding areas.

Years ago I used to go to one to shoot coke because it was really near my dealer and safer and cleaner than a public toilet. Almost every other day I’d see a junkie keel over from too much smack and the staff efficienctly resuscitate them. I must have seen a dozen people come back from death thanks to that place.

They also gave really low key and non-moralistoc guidance about getting clean that encouraged me to go to rehab and quit coke forever.

Thanks to all of the headlines, it was actually incredibly difficult to find address for the two locations. Even on DuckDuckGo, it took me about 20 minutes.
@deficiT, please add the following to your post in the 'Needle Exchange' thread when you get the chance:

New York Harm Reduction Educators:
NYHRE - East Harlem Program:
104 -106 E 126th St #1A, New York, NY 10035
Washington Heights Corner Project: 500 W 180th St, New York, NY 10033
Phone Number: +1 (212)-923-7600
Services provided include overdose prevention, safe injection, needle exchange, counseling, and training.

One of the doctors who runs these centers gave a very compelling speech on NPR radio the other day, wish I had a copy of that

Thanks to all of the headlines, it was actually incredibly difficult to find address for the two locations. Even on DuckDuckGo, it took me about 20 minutes.
@deficiT, please add the following to your post in the 'Needle Exchange' thread when you get the chance:

Services provided include overdose prevention, safe injection, needle exchange, counseling, and training.
Awesome brother, thanks for the hard work. I will certainly do that. We can definitely work on fleshing out that list together as well, my original post was meant purely as a launching pad for more in depth things.

Good work. It took me forever to even find the cross-streets for the East Harlem one when I was out cold-copping in NYC after Christmas (which was, ironically, in a City Journal article denouncing the site's nearby drug activity).