• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New York Legalizes Medical Marijuana

The east coast really seems to be lagging behind the west coast on this shit. My state (Alaska) will be legalizing marijuana by the end of this year, Oregon can't be far behind either.

New York Legalizes Medical Marijuana

Only in the context of a pilot program for very severe illnesses, and you are not allowed to smoke it.

That last bit is unenforceable.

On the other hand, anything under 25 grams is a $100 ticket. Been that way since the 1970s.

Weed is so plentiful in NY that this really will be little more than a way to get out of trouble for a very few people. Nobody cannot currently get marijuana in NY, unless you live in like a trailer in the middle of the Adirondacks.

Last edited:
^ No. Read the article, or as ... put it in post 4...

It would permit only doctors to prescribe marijuana, in forms including oil-based and vapor, to individuals with any of about a half-dozen conditions, including cancer, AIDS, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis.

But it wouldn't legalize smokable forms of the drug, making the effort much narrower in scope than many other medical-marijuana laws around the country. And it would allow the governor, upon recommendation by the state police superintendent or health commissioner, to suspend the program at any time.

It would also automatically expire after seven years, at which time the Legislature and governor could reauthorize the program.

"Medical marijuana has the capacity to do a lot of good for a lot of people who are in pain and suffering," Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said at a Capitol news conference. "At the same time, it's a difficult issue, because there are also risks that have to be averted—public-health, public-safety risks. And we believe this bill strikes the right balance."

The plan would make New York the 23rd state to legalize at least some forms of marijuana for medicinal purposes, and the second—in addition to Minnesota—to do so while also banning smokable forms.

This is the kind of thing that will happen here no doubt if we ever get medical cannabis.

It seems like progress, but then again it is just a plant.
How can anyone think that they have the right to legalize or illegalize a plant?
Plants grow in the ground. Nature makes them. Not government.

Its been making progress here in MD but the east coast is def lagging. I would love to be able to go pick and chose what products I want. Good hybrid shatter for the day and a heavy couchlocker indica shatter for might time. Plus having the choice of various flowers would be awesome. I'd smoke mostly oil if I could but its not super available the way flowers are. And even then quality goes up and down.

The shit I just got reminds me how much I wish I lived in co

I wonder, will the DEA be threatening doctors in NY as well now?