• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New York is revoking the gun permits of people on anxiety meds

its true, i try and get together with my cousins a few times a month go up to some private lands that is in the family, few acres or so and just shoot. its a wholesome family bonding experience, plus its how you learn proper gun safety, well one of the ways anyways....some ppl are just str8 dumbasses and go out and buy a desert eagle in 50 AE for their first gun bc its "super badass and cool" lol nothing like a brick of .22lr a few 10/22's and a ruger mark IV pistol for a fun sundya afternoon of plinking. throw in maybe a 20 or 12 ga, mini 30, sks, leveraction 30-30, 45acp or 357sig/40 cal for good measure. youre right tho, all these anti gun nuts forget that it can be a wholesome family bonding experience.

plus not to mention it can be really cathartic....id have a terrible day at work grab a few guns and their respective ammo and go to the local range and shoot for an hour or two and get my agression out. if you are having a bad day try and tell me after firing 6 .357mag rounds from a snub nose S&W model 66 that you dont feel better. i dont think its possible. feeling the recoil and seeing the flash...I always used to imagine my douche bosses face as the bulls eye lol

Well said Medicine cabinet! I got a Ruger 10/22 as a x-mas gift(from my folks) when I was 14,it was my 2nd rifle. Super fun,dependable plinker. I still have it.
Maybe to some people the idea of spending a day at the range or out in the country shooting with family or friends seems weird or laughable but it`s not.

I wasn`t into sports as a kid so for me hanging out with my dad target shooting was our time to spend together. I learned how to be a responsible and safe young man out there. Plus it`s a ton of fun and I really enjoyed being outdoors hanging out with my dad. We did other father/son stuff besides that,like playing guitar together,bike riding,going to the beach and going to the park but besides going to rock concerts, shooting was the most fun. Now me and my girlfriend go shooting together and less often me and my buddy go to the pistol range.

When my girlfriend and I first started dating I took her out for an afternoon of shooting for the 1st time. She enjoyed shooting so much she was the one who pushed me to get our pistol permits. Our first pistol was a .22 Ruger Mark IV.

As a side note,as much as I enjoy target shooting,going hunting just never appealed to me.

^yea me neither, my cousins hunt and i do eat the venison they provide, (esp the backstrap, its pretty much akin to the tenderloin from a cow, if you are into game meat that is) i let them do the killing, worst thing is if they dont drop it in one shot they take out the buck knives and in one quick motion sever the jugular before field dressing it.There is no way i could do that...now if it were survive or die then thats a different story, but for an overall hunt they handle that part. one large buck or doe will literally fill an entire refridgerator. plus my cousin does all sorts of stuff with the left overs. makes pipes from the antlers, coat hangers from the hoofs lol, its kinda funny but i respect them for using as much as they can from the deer instead of butchering it and taking the "good stuff" and leaving the rest. i cant stand ppl that hunt for sport, killing bears, and lions tigers ect just for the hunt. im not down with that. i let them do the wet work, i enjoy the spoils of the hunt haha.

This thread has totally turned into a gun dick-sizing & and now hunting thread lol.

^From my cold dead hands!

Yeah, you start a thread on guns, all the rednecks start comin' out of the wordwork!

They're gonna start talking about moto-cross and and BBQ soon....lol

All I gotta say is from my cold dead hands. I bought em legally and Im a better shot than most cops or guys in the military. I pity the fool who trys to take my guns. But that shit is never gonna happen. We live in America and people dont get guns confinscated for taking benzos. There has to be more to this story than whats being said. The feds dont just take guns and if a type of gun is no longer sold you can still keep one you bought before restrictions were put in place. About 20 years ago you could buy full autos at gun stores legally and well some of those people still got em. You can get a permit for a full auto but its in the ballpark of 20k.