• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New user - safe to use regularly for sleep and should I purchase a pipe or bong?

shmokeh

Greenlighter
Used to use marijuana regularly when I was a teen, stopped when I was around 18 as it kinda got boring and I was probably using it for the wrong reasons.
After several years im getting trouble sleeping and kind of miss it, would ideally like it to help with sleep and relax me abit as my mind is always wired towards the evening/night. I don't want to use it during the day as I hate feeling lethargic or trying to act sober during day to day life (worst nightmare, hence why I originally quit!)
I think I would get more enjoyment out of it using it this way, few nights a week a couple of hours before I hit the can. Is this feasible or would it effect me long term this way also?

I also want to avoid tobacco at all costs. Back when I regularly used I would do shottys or makeshift bongs, joints or buckets. My lungs are pretty healthy now after quitting smoking for 2 years, I see no reason to go back on tobacco. I also love the taste, more than the high in honesty. Stealth is also an issue as I cant have the smell lurking around.
Thinking a bong or pipe. Worried about hiding a bong and the smell they can leave sitting around. Seem to be several available nearby however I dont want to buy the cheapest and first I find. Have heard wooden pipes are potentially dangerous,
Any opinions or recommendations for the UK? My budget will be around £20-30.

I've done the same thing, used to smoke weed in my teens, gave up for nigh on 10 years and now have been smoking it a few nights a week for a month or so now. Mainly to try cut my habit of binge drinking down and to relax.

First thing of note is weed now is fucking strong and with no tolerance it'll total you in a few tokes (beyond stoned zoning and generally tripping balls totalled). I would recommend not starting with a pipe as enough weed to get a proper hit will absolutely slaughter you.

What I do is roll one mini skin joint (all weed) hit it twice or so and stub it stick it back in the baggy and save it for next time. That way you can hit the sweet spot without wasting weed or going too far.

Good luck on your herby experiences! In small doses it's greatly helping me out with what I wanted it to!

Salutations Shmokeh,

My budget will be around £20-30.

M'well, for 40 ~ 60 cannuck dollars my guess is you could consider acquiring a stylish brand-new cutting tool to sever a finger, a toe or some other protruding parts (...), then wait & see in hope this could redirect focus elsewhere and eventually result in a durable solution - though with painful prejudice garanteed one way or another, i'm sorry to admit, euh... aHummm!...

8(

...sleep and relax... ...few nights a week a couple of hours before I hit the can. ...cant have the smell lurking around.

Most unfortunatenly your buget as initially defined simply eliminates any realistic option i'd want to suggest.

Thinking a bong or pipe.

It turns out i specifically evaluated these 2 scenarios, the other way around (pipe vs aquatic setup):

3vg2a.jpg

The water toy was no good to me in the end while i found suitable to explore a micro-bursting mode of consumption using the vaporist pipe alone. Too bad you can't afford that.

:|

At least the smell ain't as obvious when vaporizing, but then a butane lighter (or even 2!) will be needed plus a gas can... Plus a cannabis jar and possibly another jar to collect vaped material for the cookies, etc. Clearly that will blow up the 20 ~ 30 £ mark - not to mention the lack of stealthyness - i'm sorry to say!

Perhaps someday we get affordable portable devices from India, created with agent 007 in mind: e.g. the vape-watch or something... %)

...dont want to buy the cheapest and first I find.

Hummm... Maybe there was a typo resulting in a missing zero?? ;)

Have heard wooden pipes are potentially dangerous...

Actually the potential dangers for using a wooden pipe might happen to include dying, maybe instantly right on your feet where you stand or just the next month, year, decade, half-century, etc... Go figure! Chances are i should confess sometimes i get blurred impressions on specifics.

...any opinions or recommendations for the UK?

M'yeap! Revise budget!... 8)

Good day, have fun!! =D

You actually can use it just for sleep. I do this. I have issues so I cannot sleep naturally, but I smoke half a gram every night and it does the trick. Also you are better off with joints if you want stealth, but with that being said you should just get a decent pipe =]. Sorry.. Im in the US. But sadly lol... You might have to go to the tobacco shop. That is probably where everything is sold..

First of all, yes it would definitely help out with your sleeping troubles! A few good hits of chronic from the bong puts me out for the night. It'll relax your body and mind.
As for the smell, I'm not sure how true this is but I have heard there are certain vaporizers you can purchase that will disguise the smell. I only like smoking tobacco with weed because it seems to increase my high.
IMO, I like/prefer bongs. The taste of pipes bothers me too much now, and I'm always getting "scooby snacks" (ash in your mouth) but you can't expect to take a huge hit after a while of not smoking! Build up your bong tolerance slowly. You could also start with a bubbler before purchasing a full out bong.
Keep in mind there are types of bongs as well - different percalators, no percalators.. I had a nice one with a dome perc that gave me a nice, smooth hit.
I reside in the US, so I'm not sure how our money converts but it doesn't seem like you have enough to get a good, long-lasting piece. The one I have now was $85 US dollars. The smell isn't a problem for me either. It doesn't leave a smell from just sitting around.

Salutations CannaBlissss,

...I have heard there are certain vaporizers you can purchase that will disguise the smell.

It's no disguise, the smell is simply different and yes it's true that won't be recognized by many people as cannabis.

Good day, have fun!! =D

It's no disguise, the smell is simply different and yes it's true that won't be recognized by many people as cannabis.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Any idea of how different it smells exactly? Maybe like flavored oil from a vape? Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

I also gave weed up for years and quit smoking in the meantime (but started vaping). I always used to smoke spliffs, which I obviously can't do anymore so I've settled on a couple small cheapish glass spoons (10-15$) with a screen twisted up in there for ash catching. I only smoke a couple small hits at a time and at that level a bit of incense and maybe an open window if the weather is right keeps my wife from complaining about the smell. If you need more stealth still, making edibles is nice.

Any idea of how different it smells exactly?

When i vaporized sitting just a couple feet away from a daily smoker that i liked to visit once in a while he simply wouldn't recognize it at all and even needed to get his nose closer to detect anything.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I smoke everynight before bed and it works pretty good. I use a vaporizer now. They are pricey for a good one though.

I smoke everynight before bed and it works pretty good. I use a vaporizer now. They are pricey for a good one though.

Same, I use mostly at night too and I use a vaporiser, less smell, more efficient with weed and no tobacco!

I personally think cannabis is amazing for sleep, I use it to sort out my sleeping whenever it gets bad.