• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants New user, curious about others experiences using some over the counter options

pupotato

Greenlighter
So, for the last week and a half my dealer has been out. I usually only do a little shard to keep my tolerance low. Now because I can't use dark methods, I looked at substitutions , trying Benzedrex, which I did not enjoy tasting. Extracted with lemon juice. Did that to 3 of them, got jittery and awake, not really high though. No fun. I also tried ephedrine and caffeine, which does suppress appetite however not the effect im looking for. I tried looking for a otc opioid but that was even more difficult. Anyone else experiment with otc substitutes? if so, anything work? Just curious.

i dunno where u live but some places have otc codeine. most have otc dxm.. other than that i dont know of much

I used to resort to otc pseudoephedrine when I ran out of speed. But depending where you live, that might be harder to obtain than meth these days.

I used to resort to otc pseudoephedrine when I ran out of speed. But depending where you live, that might be harder to obtain than meth these days.

How is this a substitute for amphetamines when pseudo is only peripherally active?

How is this a substitute for amphetamines when pseudo is only peripherally active?

I actually found it quite effective. Obviously, I had to take significantly more than the recommend dose, but it kept me going until I could get more speed. I found it to be much smoother than ephedrine btw...

I actually found it quite effective. Obviously, I had to take significantly more than the recommend dose, but it kept me going until I could get more speed. I found it to be much smoother than ephedrine btw...

Out of pure curiosity, at what dose did you find a nice mental stimulation?

Out of pure curiosity, at what dose did you find a nice mental stimulation?

Ooh, good question. This is going back a fair while when Sudafed contained nothing other than pseudoephedrine. It's not so easy to find these days in the UK as recent formulations contain other shit as well. So I can't remember the dose per tablet, but I'd usually neck 6 - 10 when the recommend dose was 1 at 4 hourly intervals.

Damn! Here in the US it's still fairly easy to get (assuming you dont try to buy bulk of course), but eating 10 of those...I can't imagine how bad the peripheral effects were. At 300mg of pseudo I would think your BP would be through the roof.

Best to avoid otc "drugs" unless it is something that fends off physical wd symptoms; otc stimulants are
peripheral, even levo-meth amphetamine doesn't produce much effect

Online you can find stuff, though you say "dark " is not an option. Idk

I should closethis, lets make sure you do nothing hectic otc though

In my stimulant days I too would turn to pseudoephedrine and ephedrine/guaifenisen preparations in lean times. I can still remember the sickening, metallic taste of those Primatene/two ways(ephedrine) tablets. I also found the pseudo to be smoother, with less BP increase, than ephedrine.

In my stimulant days I too would turn to pseudoephedrine and ephedrine/guaifenisen preparations in lean times. I can still remember the sickening, metallic taste of those Primatene/two ways(ephedrine) tablets. I also found the pseudo to be smoother, with less BP increase, than ephedrine.

These experiences truly surprise me. If I take even 60mg of pseudo I can feel the vasoconstriction and increased BP. I have never found it as a substitute for a stimulant. Are there many people who use pseudoephedrine like this?

In my case, I was a habitual amphetamine user (aka 'speed freak'), so I probably had a tolerance to the pns effects. Plus the fact that when you're addicted to a particular class of drugs, you can feel a positive effect from a substitute that other people either wouldn't feel, or would perceive as a negative effect. Having said that, I had a mate that wasn't a speed freak, but loved his booze. He used to neck Sudafed to enable him to go on all day drinking benders without falling over...

All I can add is that it scratched an itch.

Better not mention the times I resorted to Do-Do Chesteze ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChestEze) - that stuff was interesting to say the least...
.....shit man DO-DO's.....fuck me i remember those!!!! (....as i bosh 4 x 12.5mg pseudo-ephedrine tabs an hour before my doctors appointment so that i can adequately vocalise the shortcomings of the UK Mental Health Service who literally just told me to 'snap out of my aggrophobia' (and stated i wasn't aggrophobic as i came to the session.....i came with my Mum)....'to join Narcotics annonymous self help groups'.....later i phoned her back to suggest she join weight watchers as she was a breezeblock in a dress......fuck me i'm going off topic

byeee

These experiences truly surprise me. If I take even 60mg of pseudo I can feel the vasoconstriction and increased BP. I have never found it as a substitute for a stimulant. Are there many people who use pseudoephedrine like this?
.....ahhh....i only took 4 x 12.5mg.....must neck another 6

byee

.....shit man DO-DO's.....fuck me i remember those!!!! (....as i bosh 4 x 12.5mg pseudo-ephedrine tabs an hour before my doctors appointment so that i can adequately vocalise the shortcomings of the UK Mental Health Service who literally just told me to 'snap out of my aggrophobia' (and stated i wasn't aggrophobic as i came to the session.....i came with my Mum)....'to join Narcotics annonymous self help groups'.....later i phoned her back to suggest she join weight watchers as she was a breezeblock in a dress......fuck me i'm going off topic

byeee

Heheh, 'a breeze block in a dress' - love it =D

So you used to partake of the dodos then? I actually used to like them quite a lot. I once took 14 tablets and my whole body felt like it was electrified and I was having spontaneous orgasms with cum dribbling out of my flaccid cock! Probably tmi, but yeh, those things are evil...

Disclaimer - don't do this, it's stupid...

That’ TMI Fubar

Lets rein this in just a bit (don’t wanna be that guy, just sayin :) )

Heheh, 'a breeze block in a dress' - love it =D

So you used to partake of the dodos then? I actually used to like them quite a lot. I once took 14 tablets and my whole body felt like it was electrified and I was having spontaneous orgasms with cum dribbling out of my flaccid cock! Probably tmi, but yeh, those things are evil...

Disclaimer - don't do this, it's stupid...
lmao!!
yeah i took them, at that age i would take anything that i heard got you high......I'd just been introduced to E's and couldn't understand why people only saved them for weekends....i wanted to feel like that ALL the time so would store information on otc brands and remember buying them.....i didn't have quite the experience you did FUBAR lol but i was on a downward spiral at that time and would do daft arse things like taking LSD on my own cos it was cheap and all i could get my hands on......unsurprisingly i ended up sectionned on a locked ward of a psychiatric hospital at age 17 for 'drug induced psychosis'

On defense on the discussion wether ephedrine or analogs are suitable substitutes with stimulant properties. They certainly not replacements, precursors at best.

But on my choose a stim that's available list were besides the usual Cocaine, Amphetamine also Ephedra, no suitable OTC Ephedrine available. And my favorit Catha Edulis aka Khat. That one being the most favorable one in my experience. When lookin for a non functional stimulant, loved it but what a sloppy tweak.