• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Type of Codeine Prescribed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Hi all

I just got hold of some codeine tabs; however, these ones are different.

The usual codeine tabs state "codeine phosphate" ... but these tabs say "codeine phosphate hemihydrate" What is this? First time I've seen codeine called phosphate HEMIHYDRATE. Can they still be used for a CWE?

As far as my research has implied, they should still be perfectly fine for a CWE. I would suggest doing a little bit of research yourself, but please do your own research as mine was only cursory.

As far as my research has implied, they should still be perfectly fine for a CWE. I would suggest doing a little bit of research yourself, but please do your own research as mine was only cursory.

Thanks, Keif'. I used the search engine on this site and only two threads with the title "hemihydrate" came up, only one of which was about codeine. Little info was provided. I also searched Google for some time and it came up with nothing in regard to "hemihydrate" form of codeine. Apparently, from the little I read, it's a type of benign "salt" that comes with the codeine. Besides that I don't know much else.

Phosphate Hemihydrate is simply another name, or arguably a full name, for the old fashioned

Codiene Phospate eveyone knows

They are the same thing

Sorry, gonna close this too on the basis for its been answered; I’m wrong in even a slight way, someone PM me (I’m not though ;) )

Cheers, Closed - Lorne/ who -

Status
Not open for further replies.