View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New to tryptamines and looking for input to a good one to start with

vicapro

Bluelighter
I have never had much interest in psychedelics mainly because of being affraid that I could have a bad trip, but lately I have started wondering if a psychedelic might be something that could be beneficial in a number of ways and im willing to give it a try. I want to start with 4-sub trypts I think because I heard they resemble mushrooms to a degree but i would like some opinions on to which are the most first timer friendly. The difference between 4-ho-met and 4-aco-met is a main question and Ive also heard good things about 4-ho-mipt. Any input would be appreciated.

The differences between the ho and aco is that the the aco lasts longer, but the ho has a shorter come up. There are also some storage concerns about the aco, I think.

If you want to get into the tryptamine headspace, then 4-ho-mipt might be one that you'd like.

Both do resemble mushrooms a lot imo, and because of the mental psychedelic effects 4-ho-mipt is one that I like. It's not to say that 4-ho-met can't warp your mind during the trip, because I'm sure it can at a high enough dose. However, I think it might be the "lightest" on the mind out of all the 4 sub trypts.

Preference is the key to your decision, and your choices are good because the 4 sub trypts are generally considered safe.

For your first time I would definitely do an -met over -mipt. Through all the psychedelic headspaces I've experienced, 4-aco-mipt was definitely one of the weirder ones. 4-aco-met or 4-ho-met are, in my opinion, the perfect psychedelics to start with as they are partial to positivity more than other psychedelics

Thanks for your input I'll definately start with 4-x-met. Now whether i get 250mg or 500mg long term storage is something i need to consider. since they are active around 8-12mg if i remember right and this would be a once in a great while session with at least a year of periodical research would 4-ho-met be easier to keep from degrading if i follow advice concerning storage from other threads. Also which do yall prefer of the met's

4-ho-met is a good choice, both gentle and powerful. Don't dose too high for your first time, it's definitely active around 10 mg.

i really enjoy the ho.......as far as dosing, i give my friends 15-20mg and have nothing but happy friends

I would start with mushrooms if I were you, or if not then 4-AcO-DMT.

I don't necessarily agree terarc, but I don't necessarily disagree. Both mushrooms (4-ho-dmt) and 4-aco-dmt are much deeper and introspective experiences than either 4-ho or 4-aco-met, which could be bad for someone that's not really in the right place to be tripping, but doesn't know because they've never done it before. 4-aco/ho-met is/are much easier to handle for a newbie, but at the same time offer less reward with that risk.

Thank you for stating that small difference that may not affect an intermediate user with some experience of how to handle obstacles that may arise but could cripple a person new to psychedelics of a positive emotional trip. I am not in the illicit drug scene and havent been since my big felony drug arrests for selling marijuana to support a heroin habbit so I wish I could find mushrooms but sadly, I cant. I had a horrible experience with salvia where the person was supposed to smoke weed with me the first time but tricked me into takin a huge hit of 80x salvia which psychologically destroyed me and I had to be carried from the park where we were 5 blocks home around midnight. I wasnt able to remember why I was so fucked up except for like 2 sec intervals of ssaying "oh yea i smoked salvia". That went on for 1hr slowely dissipating every 10 min or so. I still remember playing super smash after I got home and just falling off the cliff killing myself over and over again which my friends found pretty funny (but to me it was horrifying). That experience caused me to never touch psychedelics because of the idea of a bad trip even though salvias pharmacology is substantially different. But like i stated earlier my thought on this subject has changed but I believe that I need to tread lightly at first to slowely become acquainted with the desired effects psychedelics bring about to so many.

My suggestion is shrooms. My reasons are:
1.) Psilocybin mushrooms are easier to procure than, say, 4-aco-met, 4-ho-met, 4-aco-dmt, because it's a fungus and grows in nature in practically every geographic area and ecosystem.

2.) They aren't illegal to gather from one's backyard or grow (laws vary between jurisdictions, so please take that into account, lest you end up cuffed and incarcerated).

3.) Psilocybin/psilocin is among the best tryptamines available. Five
grams of dried 'shroom taken in silent darkness (Terence McKenna' s so-called 'Heroic Dose') offers a taste—nay, a buffet—of what tryptamines have the potential to offer, and as well or better than most other tryptamines.

4.) You don't have to worry about the quality, potential adulterants, or if the drug is what it's really what you were told it would be (e.g., not some other drug or substance). Mushrooms aren't terribly easy to confuse with something else or to adulterate, unlike, say, a white crystalline material.

5.) They're free if you procure them in the wild, and vastly inexpensive—gram for gram—relative to other tryptamines only available online or from gray-market drug purveyors.

6.) Less than $200USD is more than enough to grow pounds of these fungi in your closet or basement. Whereas $200USD might get you only a couple 50¢ coin-sized baggies of a fraction of a gram—a dozen doses at most for a majority of tryptamines—if you're lucky.

7.) Because they're easily and cheaply grown, you don't have to rely on shady middlemen or unscrupulous intermediaries and pay their prohibitive fees.

8.) They are as toxic as marijuana. The lethal dose is simply not practical to reach. Whereas many other tryptamines are measured in micrograms or milligrams and have lower LD50s, thus making a slight miscalculation result in a dose many times greater than the lethal amount.

I could enumerate many more reasons why 'shrooms are the way to go; these are just the most essential

4-AcO-MET for the win or 4-AcO-DMT. I've never tried 4-HO-METor 4-HO-MiPT unfortunatley.