Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New to psychedelics

Mandy303

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I'm new to psychedelics and have only really been a fan of MDMA. However after joining this forum and realising the safer way of doing things, like not abusing MDMA and the harm this can do, I feel I need a different, safer (on my brain and body) release.

I have read up on the big dandy 2cb thread and have a feeling this could be the pysc for me.

My questions are:
1) what form do you most commonly find it in?
2) what's a safe starting dose for a female 120lbs
3) can you recreationally take this drug often, e.g twice a month without doing yourself some real long lasting harm?
4) is there anything to pre dose yourself with or have after the trip to help aid with recovery?

I'm going to try to answer some of your questions:

1) I would say gel caps, but this could vary regionally.
2) not sure, someone else should answer this.
3) No one really knows for sure yet, but it does seem to be fairly safe. Twice a month is probably fine, but personally I wouldn't exceed that, or do it twice a month for very many months in a row, just because we don't know. 2C-B is one of the most widely used of the "RC's", however, and this lends a bit more confidence to it's safety profile than some of the less common RC's.
4) Not sure here, but I wouldn't say there's much to worry about because it's not like MDMA where you are mitigating some neurotoxicity (there is no neurotoxicity with 2C-B at normal doses AFAIK). Just take care of your body and you mind with adequate rest, water, healthy food, exercise etc.

I hope that is helpful and welcome to the wonderful world of psychedelic drugs!

Hi guys,

I'm new to psychedelics and have only really been a fan of MDMA. However after joining this forum and realising the safer way of doing things, like not abusing MDMA and the harm this can do, I feel I need a different, safer (on my brain and body) release.

I have read up on the big dandy 2cb thread and have a feeling this could be the pysc for me.

My questions are:
1) what form do you most commonly find it in?
2) what's a safe starting dose for a female 120lbs
3) can you recreationally take this drug often, e.g twice a month without doing yourself some real long lasting harm?
4) is there anything to pre dose yourself with or have after the trip to help aid with recovery?

i think 2c-b is often found in powder form, but also pressed pills, etc.

a good starting dose of 2c-b is 15-20 mg.

i would recommend you limit tripping to once per month. i have tripped at roughly that frequency over the past 6 years while earning my PhD. once every two weeks isn't gonna be THAT harmful, as long as it's not for prolonged periods of time.

you can pre-dose with anti-oxidants. it won't exactly give you notice-able effects in terms of "recovery" since 2c-b shouldn't give you much of a hangover to begin with. but phenethylamines (like 2cb and mdma) are known to produce free-radicals in the brain, and anti-oxidants are thought to combat the damage that free-radicals can cause:
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v04n1/04134pea.html

I've never had the slightest bit of a hangover from 2C-B (nor most psychedelics). They're really quite safe drugs compared to most drugs out there, physically anyway. And 2C-B is very gentle mentally and feels great physically, it's a good time with the potential for some deepness sometimes.

That's brilliant guys, thanks for your views already :)

So with this being an RC, is it illegal in the UK?

Also, what do you like to do whilst tripping on 2cb? Is it good with music? Obviously with MDMA it's progressive house music for the entire night, sex or dressing up in silly outfits (or usually all 3!)

Thanks in advance ?

2C-B is great for sex, actually great for pretty much all the same stuff MDMA is, but it's also quite different from MDMA, much cleaner and more psychedelic, and clearheaded (usually). And yes, I think 2C-B is illegal just about everywhere, it was the first "RC" that became widespread and well-known (besides DOM/STP), and was illegalized quite some time ago.

Last edited:
Wow 70s 80s, really? I always thought 2C-B first started circulating around the mid 90s. MDMA didn't really catch on until the early 80s and I thought 2C-B spread around later.

Compared to MDMA, 2C-B is much less euphoric and empathogenic, more psychedelic and trippy, much less negative after effects.

I could be wrong there but I thought it was the 80s anyway. If I'm wrong I'll edit my post, I was just accessing some (possibly false) memory. It's definitely been around substantially longer than almost everything else and hence the reason it's been illegal for so much longer than most of the others.

2C-B was first synthed in 74 so its popularity may not have risen that much later, still I think that the rise of DOM came first.

I think it was sold here in the Netherlands, before 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 also came round the corner. I think it was called Nexus or Eros...

i have found a candle-lit room to go really well with 2cb. maybe in the bath with music too.

around a fire would probably be great.

it's good in the same settings as other psychedelics i enjoy, except even more so, because 2c-b is so gentle and forgiving (while remaining a true psychedelic as well).
so i can take 2c-b at concerts, etc. where mushrooms may not be a good choice.

i've never tried mdma, but 2c-b is one of the more tactile psychedelics i've tried (along with miprocin)

Yeah DOM came first for sure, overlapping with when LSD was just becoming widespread.

Thought 2cb would be good for a beginner as I've read good things about it being forgiving and not too heavy. I've got an old hippy friend and he was massively into psychedelics I.e shrooms, chain lube, plastics, lighter gas etc (u could burn a plastic and he could tell you exactly what the ingredients were?) anyways, he used to tell me these amazing trips but also the bad ones, and one stuck with me in particular.

He said he was minding his own business in his house, when he heard this woman in distress banging on his front door. He went to see what the commotion was all about and as he opened the door the woman ran passed him in ripped and blood soaked clothes, running up the stairs screaming. He ran up behind her and found her cowering in the bedroom. He shut the door and held her in his arms trying to comfort her, when all of a sudden there was a growling and a bang at his bedroom door. More growling and scratching proceeded, getting more and more intense when this beast broke through the door and made a beeline for the woman. He stood in the way but this beast ran straight through him and attacked the woman. It then started to eat her infront of him and there was nothing he could do but listen to it crunch on her bones.

And ever since then have been scared shitless of doing anything mind altering incase I have a bad trip! Lol

I'm not sure which scared me more, the bit about the beast, or the bit about chain lube, plastics and lighter gas being called "psychedelics"

Hmm... is this guy you know a sane individual? Because that doesn't sound like a trip to me. Maybe he was getting into that chain lube and plastic fumes (which, by the way, are about as far from psychedelic as you can get).

^^Idk what your friend was on, but I've never heard of any conventional psychedelics causing people to see shit like that, or really to actually see anything that doesn't already exist. Sounds like a tall tale to me.

You can rest assured that 2c-b will never have you seeing stuff like that.

Yeah 2C-B is very gentle, I've gone on some amazing closed-eye voyages and had beautiful fractal patterns and overlays with open eyes, and felt great, but that's the extent of it.

Lol glad to hear it... And tbh I don't think he is all there... Too much rubbish inhaled in his earlier years. I've never touched anything like that, too much respect for my life to risk it.

So what is classed as a standard bad trip on psychedelics then? Can it happen at any time or is it mainly setting and dose related?

There are a few types of bad trips that I have observed.
1) Anxiety due to body load issues. (e.g. vomiting and sweating.. is this normal?, leg tremors.. is this normal or am I in danger?)
2) Anxiety due to feeling out of control, or out of reality. (The walls are melting... That's not normal.... I'm scared, or where the hell did my body go :D )
3) A bad mindset, or dark thoughts (psychedelics can make you explore dark parts of your subconscious that you were not aware of)
4) What if this trip never ends and I am stuck in this stoned universe forever. (people sometimes think this on first trips and it is one of the reasons you should have a guide.)
5) Fear from scary hallucinations. Some trips can appear quite dark and spooky.
6) Having to deal with an unplanned situation (Your mother visiting unexpectedly, or talking to police)
7) Paranoia (Everybody is looking at me, aliens are attacking us, the police are chasing me)
8 )TOO MUCH! High doses and overdoses are far more likely to induce bad trips.

Normally bad trips happen when you are inexperienced with psychedelics and at a higher dose than you are ready for. When you are more experienced, dealing with these problems generally becomes quite and easy thing to do. I personally find dark and spooky trips a LOT of fun and I find trips that explore dark parts of my subconscious normally quite useful to personal growth. Ramp your doses slowly and have someone more experienced to guide (or just be around) you at the start (Especially for the first time. We know how to change your mindset and make your trip more positive, we have been there many times before. A guide that loves and cares for you and that you trust can really help make your psychedelic experiences safer and better). Take drugs when your mind is positive and you are in a fun environment (with people you love and trust), and bad trips will most likely be avoided (for the most part).

Best of luck :)

Last edited: