• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to Methylphenidate (Ritalin): A few questions

Back on Track

Greenlighter
I just got prescribed Ritalin SR (actually Methylin ER) 20mg per day.

1. How long do the effects of one dose orally usually last? I've heard 6-8 hours. If that's the case, it seems like I should be taking it twice a day.

2. How long do the effects generally last when insuffulated?

3. Any way to potentiate it other than selegiline?

4. Does it mix well with Piracetam?

I'm also on:
- Wellbutrin SR 150mg 2x a day
- Celexa 20mg once a day
- Klonopin 1.5mg a day

My doctor suggested that I stop taking the Celexa when he prescribed me Ritalin? Anybody know why he would do that? I'm almost positive that their shouldn't be any contraindication between an SSRI, such as Celexa, and Ritalin.

The reason you aren't being directed to take it twice a day is because most people only have about 8 hours of work or school a day, and if you were to take it twice, you'd probably have trouble getting to sleep at night.

Well a lot of the time my classes will take a good 6 hours. And I tend to study later in the day anyway. So it sucks coming down from the Ritalin just as I'm getting around to studying outside of class.

1. For me the main effects at that dose tend to last 3-4 hours, with the after effects (ie pounding heart, "squeeged" feeling) lasting at least 2-4 more hours. I usually don't even feel right until after a good nights sleep.

2. The main effects tend to last about half as long, and peak much faster and stronger. The after effects seem to last just as long as orally though.

Idk if they go well together, but insufflated methylphenidate lasts 2-3 hours for me.

Im surprised he told you to stop the celexa, in my opinion he should have told you to stop the Wellbutrin, because it has pretty much the same mode of action as ritalin, but just does a much shittier job at it. By the way that is a pretty low dose of ritalin

Yeah I know it's a low dose. He gave me that because this was the first time I really talked about ADD symptoms. I don't want to get off the Wellbutrin because I imagine that it + 20mg Ritalin SR > just 20mg Ritalin SR

I take this. It lasts about 5 hours for me if I take the whole pill and not crush it (methyphenidate works ALOT better for me in slow release form). This is the add effect not the pumped euphoric effect (thats about 3 1/2 hours). So its reasonable to take methylin twice a day.

I-poop-outside, you're going to be pooping outside in no time if you continue going on binges like that....

I've been on them for uhhhh.......36 hours now and there still upping me pretty good. And, are benzo's or dilaudid a good mix with them. I've been taking half a dilaudid with a 20 mg(sr). Mostly for the body aches, but it's been going on 5 or 6 20mg pills for most of the day now. So............some people call Ritalin (a kiddy drug).............I say Funk paying a 100 dollars for 1 gram of coke (nova scotia, canada) prices............just pop some 20mg Methylphenidate and it's just the same (or better i think) then that stuff they try to sell you at the club is not coke............so it's a NO BRAINER HERE!

Your crash will fucking SUCK!

....I say Funk paying a 100 dollars for 1 gram of coke (nova scotia, canada) prices............just pop some 20mg Methylphenidate and it's just the same (or better i think) then that stuff they try to sell you at the club is not coke............so it's a NO BRAINER HERE!

If you think its good orally you should try booting it.....Hehe...not exactly like iv coke, but better than coke intranasally. Only thing lacking is that numbing effect.

It lasts longer, and your nose isnt fucked up for two days as with coke. These days they cut coke with all kinds of shit that doesnt even make it work doing, esp for the price.

The only drugs worth coke prices are really good H, and meth....But I get a desoxyn script anyway.

Oh yeah, and your crash will suck as with ALL stims. Its not even CLOSE to a shitty coke comedown. Its great with alcohol...get buzzed first then hit rits. I use it with 2mg xannies sometimes, but I find that you just end up wasting both....you end up taking more rits, and then more xannies. Rits are best with booze, as all drugs are IMO.

Zig

I was prescribed ritalin for some time. Try to not insufflate (snort) it. It will make you behave like a tweaker. If you insist on obtaining a euphoric high from it, take 10 mg, then take 20 mg about 45 minutes later. This will give you a sense of how the medicine feels, followed by a nice rush. Again, do not insufflate or IV it, as it is very harmful to your heart. Klonopin is good for the comedown, but do not mix them at once, as it will make you feel awful mixing a stimulant and a tranquilizer.

If you wish to make the wisest choice, take it as prescribed, and its all good. Remember that the best highs are those that never harm your body or mind. Have fun and stay safe. Peace.

Last edited: