• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

New to MDMA - have questions

trickyniki

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelight! Long time lurker, first time poster.

So I've never done MDMA before and I want to do it this weekend. I came here to make sure I am being as safe as possible. Here's some background info and my questions:

I've done a LOT of cannabis, alcohol, a little cocaine, and hydrocodone. I do have a history of mental illness and have been on a concoction of meds for it. I've been on meds (pretty much continuously) for about 3 years. Most recently I've been on lamictal 150mg and celexa 20mg. I stopped all meds except vyvanse 20/40mg 3 weeks ago. I've been exercising, eating well, and in a good state of mind these last few weeks. I know that it can take months for seratonin/other neurotransmitters to go back to baseline after stopping ssris.

So, are the 3 weeks enough time off the meds to roll?

Can I take vyvanse the day I do MDMA and the day after?

My friend (who is really experienced with MDMA/other drugs) recommended I take .2mg since it's my first time. Is that a good starting dose?

I have done a fair amount of research and I know to stay hydrated, not drink alcohol, I know that I can hit a depression coming off it, etc.

Hopefully someone can answer my questions. Thanks bluelight, I really appreciate what you guys do!

.2mg? 100-150mg is a good first time dose Test kit is a must

".2mg" kind of looks like you mean .2g or 200mg. That is way way way too high. A good starting dose is half of that, 100 mg.

1st thing, I would not recommend taking the vyvanse or any of your meds the day you take the MDMA. That's gonna send your heart rate through the roof. Also the fact that you take ssri's regularly isn't good either. MDMA increases your serotonin production quite a bit which, even without ssri's, can cause something called serotonin syndrome. I was a heavy DXM and amphetamine user for a good while and developed an acute case of serotonin syndrome. While it's easily treated, it is one of the worst things you will ever experience. You being off your regular medication could also put you in a really bad spot after tripping. That being said, from what your post says, you seem to have done your research. Hopefully it works out for you. :)

1st thing, I would not recommend taking the vyvanse or any of your meds the day you take the MDMA. That's gonna send your heart rate through the roof. Also the fact that you take ssri's regularly isn't good either. MDMA increases your serotonin production quite a bit which, even without ssri's, can cause something called serotonin syndrome. I was a heavy DXM and amphetamine user for a good while and developed an acute case of serotonin syndrome. While it's easily treated, it is one of the worst things you will ever experience. You being off your regular medication could also put you in a really bad spot after tripping. That being said, from what your post says, you seem to have done your research. Hopefully it works out for you. :)

Ok thank you. Also if I get any sort of anxiety do you think I can take a little bit of klonopin? Like .25mg?

Not while you're rolling. If you're coming down and start to get anxious and jittery, it's pretty normal to take Xanax or klonopin to ease the comedown.

I tryed MDMA for my first time yesturday and I took a half of gram right after I took my everyday 120mg dose of methadone and honestly I didn't expierience any discomfort or bad side effects that I've seen so many people talk about. I know one thing for sure and that's that I felt sooooo fing great it was unreal and didn't ever want it to stop lol. My opinion is there is no one out there that can tell you that ain't nothing gonna happen to you cause everyone is different ok and I could take 140mgs of meth with a gram of MDMA and feel normal but you may do the same or less and something go terribly wrong...no one can say how your body is gonna react to something cause all our body's react differently to different things. My advice is read up on whatever your deciding or wanting to do and learn as much as you possibly can and trial and error that's the best thing you can do. Just please everyone be safe and smart and remember there ain't NO TEMPORARY HAPPINESS out there that is worth your life ok so yaw be safe and may God bless you all!!! ? ?

Last edited:
I tryed MDMA for my first time yesturday and I took a half of gram  

Probably was NOT PURE MDMA -- 500mg of pure MDMA your first time you wouldn't be typing the post you did, you still be under the effects