• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin New to heroin. Should I expect withdrawals?

class-a-team

Ex-Bluelighter
First time using heroin, I bought a 20 bag in Dublin (I think that's around 150mg, correct me if I'm wrong?). No idea what the quality was like because I'm a novice. Anyway, if it was 150mg, I had around 50mg (a third of the bag) last Sunday, another 50mg on Friday, about 30-40mg last night and the rest of it today. I sniffed it all, except for when I chased the dragon a bit on the first Sunday. What are my chances of developing withdrawal symptoms? Bear in mind, I experienced codeine withdrawals around six months ago. I'm also Type 1 diabetic.

I would find it highly unlikely you would experience wd's even if you had used that small of an amount on four days in a row I think you will be fine but Idk what diabetes plays into the scenario so someone correct me if I am wrong

Ok thanks. Nah I doubt the diabetes would have any impact, I'm just throwing that in there. I kinda felt like shit on Saturday (the day I didn't take it), but could that be the scag? Or does heroin even have a scag since it's only an opiate?

Dublin gear is still pretty shit from what I hear.... but if you aint got a opiate tolerance, and do it for a day you should be happy, but do it for more than say 3-5 days all the time and you might get very minor WD

Dublin gear is still pretty shit from what I hear.... but if you aint got a opiate tolerance, and do it for a day you should be happy, but do it for more than say 3-5 days all the time and you might get very minor WD

Really? I heard that quality has gone up since the drought...

Well, the amount of dope in a bag really varies from place to place and even from dealer to dealer. The thing is, if you've been opiate dependent once, IME your body remembers the dependence and you begin to hit symptoms of withdrawal much sooner than an opiate naive person. That being said, you didn't use very long or very much so you should be good :)

I had a pretty long opiate/dope habit and that when I use dope, I start to feel w/d symptoms after 5-7 days of use and after 2-3 weeks, I need to strap myself in for a ride through hell. It sucks.

well for me lv, i was on about a henry a day on foil got off it, stayed clean for 8 month. After that i though i could handle it again (yeah right). Long story short it took me five days till i was right bk there. It was another three yrs b4 i managed t get clean again. After a weekend u should b just fine. But bloody hell ur playin with fire. Take care x

I was extremely nervous to try heroin for the first time; I thought that I would experience withdrawal and that the withdrawal would be so bad, I would become physically dependent upon the substance.

I hate to say it but once the new oxycontin formula hit shelves and the price for all things oxycodone shot through the roof, well, I gave it a try. It was a stupid decision, but what can I say? I knew that I would never shoot it, but I was still very much afraid to even snort it.

I have been snorting dope now for quite some time, and I haven't yet experienced withdrawals so bad that I would consider myself physically dependent upon the substance. I might feel a little bit under the weather once I've been without it for a couple days, but it's nothing too serious; I might get the runs (sorry to be gross), and I might feel a little achy in my neck, but there's no throwing up or shaking or restless legs or anything at all like that. I have had colds worse than how I feel after a couple of days without dope.

That being said, I would still not recommend that anyone try heroin. It's just not the smart thing to do. The only advice that I can give you is to use the absolute least amount of the substance each time you use in order to keep your tolerance down. It may be easier to do when you're snorting dope, but, for example, I'll sometimes pick up half a bundle (5 bags), and I'll be sure to save one or two bags to use sparingly over the next couple days. Will it get me high? Not exactly, but it may give me a little buzz, and I find that it's easier to go from snorting half a bag one day to snorting nothing the next day than it is to go from snorting three bags one day and then nothing at all the next day. Do you know what I mean? So, tapering, in other words... not an easy thing to do with dope, but if you can do it, you should.

I also was terrfied my first h use. Did it with a girl I liked just to impress or something. She did some then handed it to me and I just did it with her. Big mistake on my part as here I am 8 years later. I just love it and can't be free

Got sick a few times yesterday and today and I keep getting these weird chest pains. As well as that, I've been really depressed the last few days. Possibly unrelated though.

Those sound like they could be early or even just late or ending symptoms. I get weird chest feelings just about everyday although am not sure how they come in play with wd. I use opiates everyday weather its just some hydro as prescribed from PM or heroin or anything to get me right so the opiates in my system are always flucuating up and down. There's definitely worse withdrawals out there though especially suboxone or methadone to fentynal. Also I quit injecting dope 2 years ago to make wds less severe and only snort now.

Also I quit injecting dope 2 years ago to make wds less severe and only snort now.

See, now that's interesting to me because I've never shot dope before. I've only ever snorted it. In all sincerity and in your experience, are the withdrawals really less severe now that you snort it?

See, now that's interesting to me because I've never shot dope before. I've only ever snorted it. In all sincerity and in your experience, are the withdrawals really less severe now that you snort it?
Yea I'd say that it reduces by 40 or so percent for me. I still get rls , depression cravings and insomnia plus fatigue but chills are minimal and there's no vomitting or alot of sweating and lasts about 5 to 7 days considering the 5 or 10 mgs per day (Vicodin) for pain which I don't use to much when I'm using dope so I'm sure the hydro has some but minimal impact on my wd difference between shooting and snorting sometimes I'll slip up once or twice a year if I have enough balls. IV heroin had ruined me after years of shooting everyday and its that which gives me the self control to only snort it. It does suck because my tolerance is so high but its still not enough to make me go back and IV. Snorting still gives me that feeling like no other opiate can and I can sort of maintain a normal life with honesty friends and trust unlike before.

I don't see how H withdrawal would be anyworse then withdrawal from any other opioid.I think it must be because "It's Heroin!" that people get this idea.

Also,I dont think the withdrawal from shooting is worse then that of a snorting habit really.Maybe the guy who shoots might start to get sick an hour or 2 earlier,but thats about all I've noticed.

I used to be addicted to nasal oxycodone and the withdrawals were just as bad as the one's I get these days from IV Hydromorphone and IV Morphine.
The thing with IV is,drugs like hydromorphone and morphine,which usually are nothing special when snorted,become incredible drugs with powerful rushes and an intense nod.

If I snort,I get a sot of placebo effect,my brain makes me believe Im still dopesick because I didn't get a proper hit or a rush,so therefor the w/d's cant be gone.They are,its just in my head.

To the OP: I Think you'd need to snort heroin like 2-3 times a day for like a week to develop w/d symptoms that would be a little worse then "Mild"

I think I snorted Oxycodone for about 2 weeks straigh or something before I realized I was physically hooked,but I was having symptoms like insomnia and the runs after about a week,but had no idea what opiate w/d was at the time.(I was like 15 years old)

Yea I'd say that it reduces by 40 or so percent for me.

That's crazy!

Now let me ask you guys a question, do you feel that it's more the amount that you use or how often you use that determines withdrawal duration/severity? It's both, of course, but I've come to find that I think it's more how often one uses than the amount.

I have snorted just one bag a day for a week, and I've come to find that my upset stomach and achiness is a bit worse than had I blown up a few bags (two or three) for just a couple days then quit.

^I would say it's a combination of both,but I think how often has a little more to do with it then the amount.

As you can see, I know fuck all about heroin. But on the subject of general opioid dependendency, I think it has more to do with how often rather than how much. I used to be physically dependent on codeine (I didn't know it at the time) but I didn't do an awful lot of it because I was using OTC painkillers with just 8mg of codeine per capsule compared with 30mg caffeine and 500mg paracetamol. I might have been young (16), but I knew that taking anymore than 10 painkillers at once was a recipe for disaster. So I eventually learned to do CWEs and took my sister's spare prescription painkillers (30mg codeine) instead.

That was entirely irrelevant. But I really think there would be a big difference between codeine wds and heroin wds. I know they're both morphine at the end of the day, but no matter how much codeine you take it'll never provide the same strength morphine as a heroin hit, in my opinion.

I still feel like shit right now. I took some herbal stimulant pills to take the edge off my lethargy but I'd say that fucked me up even more.

I'm so naive, but is there a scag/comedown with heroin? Are you supposed to feel like shit when it's all out of your system? Because I always felt like that after the codeine, but that was probably more the paracetamol than anything.

And around 30 hours after I had my first heroin hit, I think I had a panic attack. I kept thinking my heart was beating too fast but when I checked my pulse it felt normal. I was terrified though, I thought I was going to die. Lol.

I definitely feel like shit once that last high is gone. Part of the whole mentailty I have and can add physical wd symptoms that night or early morning. Usually takes me a whole month to get right and start feeling better after a couple months using but I haven't been at that point for awhile now. You can have wds from codiene but its not even close to being as strong as some H or oxymorphone fentanyl or hydromorphone...oops can't forget good old IV morphine.