• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New to cannabis edibles.

Mr.Do

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I am pretty new to consuming cannabis. I'm not a smoker so whenever some was around I just was never interested. MDMA was more my thing. But that was back in my party days. I don't really do anything anymore, except alcohol. Well, I decided to quit drinking as well. Been alcohol free for about 5 weeks now and I am realizing I still want to be able to cut loose every now and again. So I thought I would try cannabis out. I still don't smoke so I am thinking edibles is the thing for me. This is what i've tried so far.

A few years ago, I had a girlfriend bring me some Wana brand gummies from Colorado. According to the packaging each gummy had 10mg of Sativa THC in them. I found these gummies to be incredibly powerful. So much so that I couldn't do a whole one. I ended up splitting them in half. I took 3/4 of one at a concert once and the high got so intense I had to leave. They almost made me feel like I was tripping. I've done acid before and I can handle it, but I don't want to be in public while i'm one it. Now like I said, I don't smoke weed. In fact that was the first time I had any kind of cannabis in about 10 years. So I chalked it up to me just being a light-weight weed consumer.

Well, more recently I again got some edibles to try out. This will be the first time I've take any cannabis since that time with the Wana stuff 4-5 years ago. What I got came from California. It doesn't really have a brand that I can tell. The sealed package just says "Medicated Starburst Gummies" . It also does not specify what kind of THC is in it. But it does say each piece contains 68mg THC. The person I got them from also gave me an extra sample. This came in a sealed zip-lock bag that had "Product: Airheads" with 68mg THC stamped on it. The packaging look manufactured, not home made.

I considered my previous experience I was expecting these to rock my world. Since according to the packaging they had 7 times the THC in each piece as the Wana brand. I started with the sample. I took one half and after about 45 minutes I felt a little something, but not much. I then took the other half. After an hour I still wasn't feeling much. I then took whole one of the starburst gummies. After a while i could feel a decent buzz I was able to sit back and listen to some music and have a good time, but it never got as intense as those Wana's did and according to the packaging I tool over 10 times the amount THC I got from just one of those Wanas.

So one of those is not right. Either the Wanas have more than what they advertise of the Medicated Starbust has less. Or maybe the Starburst are an indica strain and you need more indica to get the same effect. Which I know the effects are different, just a figure of speech.

Any thoughts? Anyone able to try out either of these brands and can comment on the quality?

Sorry for the long winded post. LOL

Alot of edibles have fake dosages on them poor quality control. that said new users should start with less than 20 mg since it is intense. 100 mg is too much for non users to handle will be like tripping for a few hours.

So i assume those medicated starburst gummies had alot less that stated in them.

Any thoughts? Anyone able to try out either of these brands and can comment on the quality?
Sorry cannot try these as funds are crucial.
But my guess is the packaging sell iirc first bidness
What I mean to say is: Possibly mis-dis-labled? Happens.
Just a coupla gold plated pennies....
love
ptah

68mg seems likely to be a typo for 6.8mg per piece. I'm a dispensary regular and 68mg/serving seems extremely high. I'm tolerant to edible cannabis, and for me, exceeding around 50mg is overkill. I'll look next time I'm at the dispensary to see if I can find the product you're referring to.

Starburst doesn't sell weed.

If you aren't buying it from a legal store yourself, it's safe to assume that it could be anything. Why bother?

If its 68 mgs it probably is provided the company that manufacturers it does third party testing

you can always contact the company, ask for third party testing, id split it in half , thats still 30 something mgs , which is still quite potent

Me too. I never really ate any edibles until the recent boom of them. Basically I will just get a package of gummy something and eat the whole package. If they are good I will get a nice nap in. Sometimes I feel literally nothing.

Probably 6.8 mg per piece. It is def black market b/c Starburst doesn’t currently sell weed :)

When I used to buy BM edibles it was always hit and miss. In the ‘olden’ days, they used to spray THC distillate on to edibles, leading to wildly variable results.

OP: maybe you could try edible oil (that you dispense with a dosed plastic syringe) or gelcaps (at ~2mg per gelcap). You’ll get the fine granularity of dose control.

Tom

Hmm, you know I'm basically against getting high this way. But if you need to relax, there are other ways. I was young, too, and I tried many sorts of things. You can try magic mushrooms, they are also available in gummies, chocolate bars, and other different forms. But if you need exactly cannabis butter, you can simply order the desired number of colors on the site. A friend of mine is engaged in the cultivation of cannabis and the production of oils, butter, and so on. So on his advice, a lot of useful things can be found here https://weedsmart.net/product-category/marijuana-flowers/.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I need to eat .5g to feel anything substantial

Just neck a few of them/x amount of mg down and avoid obviously sativa strains to start off with going by your reaction to them.
Tolerance soon builds up and the worst thing that should/could happen with a for your balanced strain is that you will fall asleep.

Why don't you just make your own cannabis butter? It's fairly easy, and you can use whatever strain you want, even mix them.

And baking is super easy.

Expensive and time consuming. You need a decent amount of flower too.

Easy to just buy something already made.

They have milk chocolate bars at the dispensary now. Really want to try them.

We can't grow here. You will go to prison, so not even worth it to try. Can't wait until that changes.
Wow. Here you can even get busted for 10mg of weed, but never more than a monetary slap on the wrist/equivalent of 80 hours of community service.

Unless you're a big-time dealer, you'd be OK if you were to get busted. A friend of mine was busted with 4 plants, and only got like 100 hours (over 90hrs gets you a criminal record).

Yeah I suppose if its really cheap shitty weed it wouldn't be bad to make yourself. The cost of high quality flower these days, much cheaper to buy already made edibles.

But yeah, growing here is a big no no. If you get caught growing prison time is probably going to come. At best you will be on probation where you cannot smoke anyway, and if you do...then prison. I stay away from growing. One day it will be legal to grow. Then will go all out. Scientist style.

Yeah I suppose if its really cheap shitty weed it wouldn't be bad to make yourself. The cost of high quality flower these days, much cheaper to buy already made edibles.

But yeah, growing here is a big no no. If you get caught growing prison time is probably going to come. At best you will be on probation where you cannot smoke anyway, and if you do...then prison. I stay away from growing. One day it will be legal to grow. Then will go all out. Scientist style.
Wait, consuming is illegal in the States?! Even someone on probation is allowed to consume drugs here, just not possess them.

How expensive is weed over there? Please not in stones, or how you calculate over there :/