• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Temazepam script.

coming from a person who suffers from insomnia as well, let me give you my imput. i as well have been previously prescribed temazepam because of all the hype it had to help people sleep. its more of an extended release type of benzo. if you didnt notice, its one of the few benzos that are in a time released capsule. that being said, i tried 30 mg of it several times with no positive outcomes. i still woke up in the middle of the night and before i fell asleep i didnt feel anything from the drug.

i then went on to ask my doctor for something that can knock me out, he prescribed me xanax becasue it has a much shorter half life than other benzos so you dont wake up groggy. however, i feel like i have become tolerant to xanax now so i am also looking for something else to help with the insomnia.

Yeah, I noticed they were in a capsule which got my attention, but it's just powder inside all the same. Anyone could open it up and parachute it to get faster and/or stronger effects. Pretty capsule though.

I don't know if I'm going to get my dosage increased or just go on a different medicine, I won't know until later next week or whenever. I've been on Xanax before like I said and loved it. Do you know anything about the effectiveness of Ativan on sleep? Maybe I'll have to hop on the benzo train.

Xanax knocked me right the fuck out.

I suffer from insomnia too, especially as I get older. Medications can be useful but as you mentioned, they are not working for you. It happens to a lot of people, meds might help for a while but then you need more just to get you to sleep. What you can do is read up on sleep hygiene until you see your doctor. Maybe he can recommend something else.

https://www.sleepassociation.org/patients-general-public/insomnia/sleep-hygiene-tips/

coming from a person who suffers from insomnia as well, let me give you my imput. i as well have been previously prescribed temazepam because of all the hype it had to help people sleep. its more of an extended release type of benzo. if you didnt notice, its one of the few benzos that are in a time released capsule. that being said, i tried 30 mg of it several times with no positive outcomes. i still woke up in the middle of the night and before i fell asleep i didnt feel anything from the drug.

i then went on to ask my doctor for something that can knock me out, he prescribed me xanax becasue it has a much shorter half life than other benzos so you dont wake up groggy. however, i feel like i have become tolerant to xanax now so i am also looking for something else to help with the insomnia.

Temazepam is not time released.

Maybe its not working because you are at such a lower dosage. I would talk with your doctor and see if he thinks increasing the dosage would help you with your insomnia issues. Me personally, I take 30mg of tepzepam, sometimes 60mg which my doctor approves of, and I have never been happier in my life to find a sleeping medication that leaves me feeling refreshed the next morning!!

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a little update on my Temazepam situation.

I saw my doctor on June 2, and she was happy to increase my dose from 7.5mg to 15mg, to be taken once nightly. Despite the dose increase, I'm still having issues falling asleep at night. I see my doc again on June 22 so I'll have to hang in there until then, but I'm assuming Temazepam is just too weak of a benzo for me. I don't know. I've tried various relaxation techniques, all to no avail. But it hasn't affected me too badly because no matter what time I end up falling asleep I always wake up with the same energy level.

I will say that I'm definitely not willing to be on Seroquel. I was given a trial one-week script and although I DID feel the sedative effects, there's no way I can fall asleep with the restless legs it gives me!

Last edited:
Yoga and lying on accupressure pad helped me out a lot. Temazepam at 30mg knocks me out. Its best to use the benzos only on occassion if you can.

Temazepam isn't time released... it's just a longer acting benzo that lasts about 8 hours. There's no extended release technology in the capsule. Some benzos just come in capsules, chlordiazepoxide for instance. However, there is a time released capsule version of diazepam, which it specifically states as so. I think if the temazepam was time released it would say so. It doesn't say anything about it on the pharmacokinetics section of the prescribing information.

BTW, oral melatonin is useless as most of it gets broken down in the stomach. Try using sublingual. I do, and I find it works very well at 5mg. You can get it in 2.5mg doses and just take 2.