• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

new suboxone pill

Because no one supports the idea of IV drug use except....IV drug users. Tada!

Haha, well said.

I have no idea what's going on in here. In my opinion people need to take some responsibility for themselves. If I get fucked up from doing something I shouldn't then its my fault.

What's next safe to inhale glade and gasoline?

Its fine that YOU don't have desires to use needles, only snort, use safely ect. This is really not the issue at hand. You have been clean and have been doing great for a long while now. This is a great step forward for you and I applause you for it(im not being sarcastic I really think you are moving in the right direction CH). However, YOUR mindstate and that fact that you can control your use and ROA are mute when it comes to this argument. It isn't about how you prefer to use opiates, nor is it about your willpower. It is about how the general public will react(use, abuse) this type of buprenorphine.

An injectable form of bupe will not save peoples lives! Bupe helps people get off of dope and in essence "saves peoples lives." It is effective because it is a substitute and doesn't get addicts high when used accordingly, but lets them stave off withdrawals and feel at "baseline." A major reason for the effectiveness is it disassociates users with the needle.

People are not disagreeing with you because this is something new and different. People are disagreeing because the one thing that addicts do not need is another excuse to use the needle. Yes people will inject bupe. This cannot be avoided. BUT, the % of people who do inject this drug, with the mentality that they want to clean up and stay off of dope is very low. One of the reasons why bupe is effective is because it mimics heroin, but with a different ROA. Giving recovering addicts the means to safely inject bupe, which can get you high is beckoning recovering addicts to slip back into their old ways.

I know you wouldn't have a problem with this new formula and some others would not as well. However, when it comes to the general population of addicts trying to stay clean this would present a problem. This isn't about change, or something new, and it isn't about biases towards needles. This is about triggers and eliminating factors that lead to relapse.

Injecting a substance that is helping you to get off of dope is blatantly associating recovery with the act of using opiates. Clearly you, and/or others here can see this would be a problem.

I used to be addicted to the needle and prefer the IV route of administration and I strongly agree with the Captain!