• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on subs since December started on 8mg a day taking them four times a day. Currently i am on 12mg daily. I usually take 6mg when I first wake up and then 3mg two more time t hrought out the day. I am on the strips and use them under my tongue like instructed. I can not stand the taste its much worse then the pill form and I dont feel like I am getting my full effect as with the pills. I have tried all sorts of ways taking them under my tongue that I can think of. Drinking not drinking, spitting the extra spit, just cant figure out why it feels so different on the strips. Any tips and ideas would 've great. I am going to go read the entire tread now. Thanks !

I wanted to share a story that may hopefully help someone, somewhere's down the golder road (to unlimited devotion;). Started off 23yrs ago when a (at the time) "new" (for this particular gaggle of freaks) and "fun" brown powder which was used in a fashion that people would sit around playing cards while doing bumps off the table & burning doobies (and at times laughing hysterically as all the young will do). Within about a yr, only 1 or 2 of those OG card players (out of maybe an original 6-7 people total) wasn't buying this substance on a near daily basis, the rest had become hopelessly addicted. Around the same time in Detroit, at a dope house (where it should be noted less than 3yrs prior to this particular time period, this particular white-boy who played cards would make derogatory remarks regarding the shit-holes / inner city slums and the people who lived there) this young man was taught by snorting or even smoking this (by now) not-so-new, and at times not-so-fun brown powder is a waste. The real deal, as this chick stated, was shooting it. Not a drop wasted, and the rush, as this junkie said; "...Was better than the best fuck you eva' had white boy...hehehe..." So, not long after this, the same guy started putting together scams to support his ever growing habit. And the other card players-turned addicts, you ask ...what about them? Well, 2 of them plus our main character began to realize in the world of petty crime, 3 sets of eyes are better than 1. This lasted on & off for another 2 or maybe 3 years. In this same time period, all 3 friends had been in & out of county lock-up, had been kicked out of their parents homes, and pretty much written-off by longtime 'sober' childhood friends. The main character of this story was once dropped in a dumpster by the 'very kind folks' who ran one of hundreds of D-town dope houses, due to them being too ignorant to know between someone 'falling-out' and a true overdose and they didnt need 'that' happening in the middle of their business. This same character had everything he'd ever cherished (including the respect of his own family) willfully handed over to this "new" and "friendly" brown powder. It got so bad that this same guy (who was once considered to be a male model-waiting-to-be-found) walked into a Denny's and started picking up on a waitress. Once (and to this day, there's no clue as to what this hot little brunette seen in this junkie) the plans were made, and once her shift was over they took off to one of her friends homes who happened to be a new mother, with a 8week old baby in another room peacefully sleeping while the father of the infant was at work. The two girls went to the back room to look at the little one, and this OG card player turned full on junkie, who'd been eying the mom's purse sitting in the kitchen, realized his chance. Without ANY hesitation, he waltz's right over to the purse, snatches the billfold & while quickly & quietly riffling through it he hits a major jackpot; $650.00 in cash. Now, how to get out of this mobile home without the mom being any-the-wiser.... The two girls emerge from the backroom to the living room where he had already managed to place himself before either came back. He starts to tell them that he just got a page & although he shouldnt be telling them (for their own protection, of course), a secrete code between him & his friends that "somethings" about to go down has been issued. He MUST LEAVE NOW... The new mom smiles & gives him a big ol' hug & tells her friend (the waitress) that she thinks he's a cool guy. The waitress and the dude walk to their respective cars, he kisses her then states he'll come by Denny's the following day (which never happens) and see her on her shift. As soon as her lights have receded far enough via the rear-view mirror, he whips out the cash to recount it & nearly shit his pants over the luck he's just had! Within 35min, he is in Detroit and scoring H.
This same guy lived like this, day in and day out until he was 29yrs old. At that point, LE had finally caught-up and it was either rehab or 1yr in jail (this had nothing to do with the mommy-purse episode). For the next 4yrs, this guy had really gotten his shit together. A steady job, a solid girlfriend; his tangled relationship with not only his family but within his own self had began to see progress. But then, tragedy struck and while on a job-site, this same man was severally injured requiring spine surgery (and you guessed it) severe pain-killing narcotics.
After moving across country post-rehab (from the colds and brown powders of MI to the sunny west coast), and nearly 4yrs of sobriety, this guy hurts himself and then within 3months he is back to being a full blown junkie (but popping pills this time instead of H). This lasts for another 6 or 7yrs until this same guy is turned on to Suboxone. Following medical supervision & advice, this guy finds himself at a methadone clinic who also prescribes Sub's. After a 9month program of Suboxone plus a 1X per month "chat" with a drug-counselor in said 9months; this same man has now enjoyed 1 full year of an opiode-free life (the first in over 20yrs).
The moral of this story is simple: H takes everything! It forces you to do things you'd never consider if it wasnt for the addiction ... This man grew up in a fairly well-to-do (financially speaking) family, with solid community members as parents. They were loving & caring to their children, and provided well for them. He had every conceivable chance to do nearly anything he wanted in life..... He was a really good looking guy, women thought the world of him. He had a magnetic personality... He carried great grades in school. But heroin and opiates took all those great attributes and buried them so deep & for so long that they are mere memories for him. If it wasnt for Suboxone he'd probably be either dead, or in prison by this point in time.
Be careful out there!

Hey maybe someone can help me out on here I've been buying suboxone off the street for a while now but I want too stop buying them and go too a suboxone doctor so I can't fuck up I want to just get clean and stay clean. With the help of suboxone because they really do help me. Should I tell them that I'm buying them from the streets and want to get clean? Or how should I go about this?

Listen .. 1st off, keep thinking the way you are (stay w suboxone if its working for you & keep trying to stay clean if thats what you want :), 2nd - the clinic that swim was going to, upon swims intake, they'll want you to have begun your w/d from opiate (in your case, you need to tell them that your w/d'ing from Suboxone) and let them know you cant score off the street due to the unreliability, the fact that it's illegal, and you want medical supervision in getting & staying clean. Dude; trust swim - its not some big set up....lol... they've heard a billion stories & surely far more strange & tragic than yours (or swims' for that matter ...lol). Swim was straight up w them (like swim wasnt about to tell them what swim did to score dope or anything, but swim told them how much swim scored & did per day so the clinic could put swim on the correct amount of meds. Good luck & let us know how it goes!

I had to make a new account my other one locked me out somehow. But I'm "Subhead" I'm doing three a day now. I really want too stay clean and just off of all the other shit. Suboxone seems to be the only way I can. I've made an appointment and I'm on a waiting list now. I just went and bought 8 box's to get me through a few days. I really just want a normal life and I think that this drug is the only way I can have that. I have a very addictive personality and suboxone has helped that tremendously.

help

New here I have been on suboxe and suburb for 8 years and now here in tenn they made a new rule where you caint be on subutex when your male and you Cain get more than 60 a month compared to my 90 a month anyway I liked the stop signs and the subutex 54 511 but the mylan subutex and the round orange suboxone does not help at all like I haven't took anything any suggestions for the next script I get also I do not like the strips they also seem not to do anything for me

Last edited:
Hey man (userofall)
it may sound funny, but you can anally insert a strip...lol... clinic was tired of hearing the bitching about the nasty taste, started telling folks to stick it up their arse! At first most thought it a joke, then the next thing ya know ... they're literally telling people to shove it up their arse if they dont dig the taste, so some apparently tried it & they had good reports too. Remember, if your ever trying to stop taking bupes (especially if you've been on them a long time, and take like 16 +mgs per day) you only want to ween so never, never cold turkey Suboxone (you can give yourself a stroke, brain hemorage, and the list of serious medical risks goes on & on when you cold turkey Sub's). The tried & true weening "lecture" a clinic should be giving someone trying to get off Sub's goes something like this: Patient weens down %10 of his/her normal dosage per 3weeks. Now, between you & I & the fence post; I know someone who dropped down like 1mg every 3-5days. Person stated that the hardest "bump" for them was around the 4mg, 5mg, and 6mg step down(s). Apparently at that point, and due to something about the long-ass 1/2life Sub's have, dropping from 6mgs to 5mgs, and then from 5mg to 4mgs, and lastly from 4mgs to 3mgs took longer than the normal 3-5day stretch this patient was using. Plus, the patient also reported being a bit sick at those stages (mild flu-like symptoms, and a severe headache that lasted a few days every drop - again just with those specific stages - 6mgs to 5mgs, then 5mgs to 4mg, and 4mgs to 3mgs). Other than that, it was a pretty smooth ween & adjustment. 4days after this patients last dose of 1mg of Suboxone reported feeling a bit "odd" or "out-of-sorts" something akin to a mild (but long lasting/2days roughly) hangover (maybe due to Sub's long 1/2life?). Well over 2weeks since last dose, and nothing noticeable (w/regards to sickness, or any "fuzzy" feelings in the dome). It should be noted that this patient was on prescribed Sub's (8mg strips) through a legit clinic for almost 9months. Started off on 16mgs, after a month (and W/O letting the clinic know) dropped to 12mg, then the following month to 8mgs. The clinic piss-tested 2X's per month (no extra charge to patient which is cool), and as long as there was no opiates in system; patient was fine (weed was ok as this is a nor-cal clinic). The thing is, they can only test to see how much of the drug is being absorbed by your receptors. What this patient was told (as most bluelighters know) Sub's have a "ceiling" effect, so if your receptors are full of Sub's when you take only 7mgs, and they start you out at 16mgs, the rest is literally wasted. So, if you want some personal insurance, lower your dosage to wherever you feel comfortable, then stash the rest (as what happened to this patient is the monthly clinic fee got to be too expensive, and this person had to ween ahead of the initial 2yr program the clinic wanted). Patient was receiving a script for 2/8mg strips per day, but only took 1 per day. As well, ALL these clinics are suppose to be handing out script-cards that give HUGE discounts for Sub's too. This patient only paid 1X full price for a script - over a few hundred dollars at a pharnacy; every single other time patient only paid maybe %10-%25 of the reg price due to these cards. It was funny too, 'cause apparently, they'd tell patients that they were only allowed 1 of these discount cards ... but thankfully this outpatient clinic was VERY busy, because they'd forget (and never kept any logs) if they'd ever given you one... So it'd be like (for the 4th time in a row...lol); "Hey, can I get one of those script cards?" (Clinic) "Have you gotten one before from us?" (Patient) "Geez, I dunno, I cant remember...but I know those Sub's are really expensive, and God...who aint on a budget these days?" (Clinic) "Ok, let me find one...."
;)
Sub;s are responsible for getting literally hundreds of thousands of people over serious opiate-addictions (however, there is NOT 1 drug known to man that has much success at keeping people from relapsing). But even if Sub's get you off of hard-drugs, even for a year or two (at least while your actively taking Sub's) then to many people it is a successful drug.
Good Luck Man, and keep us in the loop

Please Help, It's Intese, like camping!

Hello all,

I have had an extremely strange (at least to me) experience when using Subs for Temporary (but nasty WD symptoms), which completely turned me off from using Sub's ever again, and I was looking for a reasonable answer, as the supplier of the Sub's never heard of anything like this report happening to anyone ever before.

Before I go into detail, here is my background, or at least current status that may or will have an affect on these medications;

Daily I am prescribed 3-4mg of clonazepam, 0.5-1.0mg of alprazolam if needed (for extreme panic attacks), and 50mg of Sertaline (generic smallest dose of Zoloft) all used in conjunction for panic attacks, and the prevention of attacks from occurring in the first place.

I am very well versed in the combination of benzodiazepines and opiates/opiods and know how to just slow down and not take as much of the benzodiazepines and/or opiates,so no lecture required about Benzo's, as I was taking them as prescribed this entire report, and life for the matter... I Don't need TWO Withdrawals!! .... :p

My tolerance to opioid(S) is Moderatley75-90mg of oxycodone(IR) to feel a nice buzz for 3-4 hours, and have strayed away from the hydrocodone/apap for that exact reason, the APAP.

I know CWE's would technically work, but then I would burn through ~200mg hydrocodone a day and feel it to be useless, except when running out of all other medications and keep the WD's at bay.

Preferably, which is 90% of the month, I have been insufflating around 10-20mg of oxyMORPHONE, instead, at least 2-3x daily, as it is easily accessible, and works wonders for my back neck pain, not to mention it is one of the greatest feelings that I have come to enjoy.

However, I know this is a TERRIBLE habit to have tossed myself into, but it allows me to get through work, around 3x doses split between 30mg over 14 hour shifts 3x daily, and as minimal as possible before bed.

Without referencing an equivalency chart, in my experience, 30 mg insufflated ~ 160-180mg of insufflated oxycodone ( which I take PO, so equivalent to around 120-145mg oxycodone orally) b/c of the high BA%, compared to insufflation.

So here's to my experience with Suboxone sub-lingual strips:

T- 0:00 - 24-30 hours since last opioid dose - A full 8mg buprenorphine strip was dosed, after I passed my COWS test of approximately 28, to make sure I was in FULL withdrawal and to not shoot into full blown precipitated WD symptoms.
T+ 6:00 - I felt nothing. ZERO. Dosed 2mg clonazepam and 2mg alprazolam to ensure some rest.
T+ 14:00 - Pupils still ENORMOUS, and getting the runs, both from my nose and arse (sorry if TMI), but at this point I decided to dose another ~2mg of Buprenorphine and see what happened. My pal told me 8mg would be PLENTY to start and may take 12-24 hours to start working 100%.
T+17:30 - Dosed 2mg more Buprenorphine, sublingually, as I was starting to get frustrated with the Buprenorphine, and almost felt like switching to Kratom, which worked in the past for small doses of hydrocodone, but not for anythuig as strong as oxymorphone.
T+ 19:00 - Holy crap...I THINK I feel something. Checked the mirror and my pupils were tiny again, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
T+ 22:00 - Been keeping myself busy, cleaning and showering, you know, all the things you do not feel like doing during WD's, actually have a mild buzz and feel GREAT.
T+ 24:00 - This is when all hell broke loose, vomiting began, restlessness, general upset, cant sit still, cold and hot flashes ( I am Male :p) which included sweating, heart palpitations, cannot honestly remember anything else. **NO** diarrhea though (weird eh?) and more general discomfort.
T+ 25:00 and until the end of night, I couldn't get rid my headache, front and back, side to side ;). I sat on my couch while I ate 3mg alprazolam, 1 mg Clonazepam and 30mg Flurazepam (hypnotic benzo for sleep), all while holding down the meds so I could sleep for another 12 hour shift that was creeping up on me.
I dared not take anymore Buprenorphine, as if that was the cause of this mess, I did not want to get worse off...

Regardless of that train wreck of an experience, was caused by the Bupe (I think), I did NOT want to experience that again.

So, experts out there, the Final Jeopady Question if the morning/evening, MORE Buprenorphine in the future, less, or is that stuff just not made for me? ANY responses or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance,

c0rrupT

I'm new so I'm not sure if I'm responding the right way. This is for anyone in this discussion. Pretty simple ?. How can you tell when the Bunavail strip is out of medicine? Is it suppose to fall off?

Yes I am answering my own post. I had my first strip in my mouth when I asked the ? Soon when I have more time I will get used to the way everything here works! Anyway I noticed after awhile It was gone. It was not under the bed so I came to the conclusion it just totally dissolved. Lol. Yes, the small goop that's left in my mouth is goopy! I swallowed it but will probably spit it out next time.

Last edited:
^^ Read the patient info on Bunavail, also you can determine ifyou're getting enough consistantly, if for no other apparent reason to find your sweet spot - try dosing exactly the same way each week, then change something you don't like - spit it out early, chew it (?, I do not know this procust but know bupe very well), cut it up into pieces and take all, dose twice a day with 1/2 of your 'scripted amount.

If near the end of the week you experince mild w/ds - pupils larger, the runs, iritability, insomnia, feeling off, craving dope, etc.. your newest method is leaving unused med in tne srip

^^ Read the patient info on Bunavail, also you can determine if you're getting enough consistently, if for no other apparent reason than to find your sweet spot - try dosing exactly the same way each week/ten days, then change something about how you take it.

If near the end of the week you experience mild w/ds - pupils larger, the runs, irritability, insomnia, feeling off, craving dope, etc.. your newest method is leaving unused med in the srip. Check out the patient info or package inserts published by the manf based upon BA testing. Use this if you just want to know the approx. amount not released. It will be in the Pack. Insert, if it's FDA approved (US).

If anyone has issues with your eyes(crusty,watery,heavy eyelids etc...) I would like to know anyones experiences with this? I am taking Bunavail but it can be with the strips, pills etc... Especially when I wake up. As I'm writing this my eyes are very wattery and it's very annoying.

Hey guys, I've got a simple question that after hours of searching and reading the sub/bupe threads have not found the answer to, though its a general pharmacology question, just happens I am asking it about the Suboxone strips.

Do you take the bioavailability if ROA into account when calculating the blood concentration levels versus half-life?

For example, if I am taking my strips sub-lingually, most literature seems to say the bioavailability is about 30%. Am I taking .3mg if I am only putting a 1mg piece of strip beneath my tongue? If that's the case, should I factor that into my calculations when trying to determine current blood concentration of Bupe when measured by a generic half-life time? (say, 36 hours for most people)

So, basically, if I use a 1mg piece sub-lingually, when I want to calculate blood concentration do I use the numerical value for the dosage taken as 1mg or should I be using .3mg?

Okay everyone, I've been on suboxone for over 3 years now, always got it from the same doctor (but different pharmacys). I'm not crazy, I've scoured the Internet for more info on this. The people I've told my theory to are like "wow this might be true". Everyone get out your suboxone film packets, turn them over, look at the back right bottom corner. If you have 8 mg strips, there will be a number on there that will be either 1-8 (like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) but the number will never be over 8! If you have a 2 mg strip, the number will be 1 or 2 but never over 2! If you have a 12 mg strip the number will always be 1-12 but never over 12. See what I'm getting at? I currently have a batch of 8mg strips all with the number 2 on the back of them and I feel like crap?! When I have anything from 5-8 I feel a lot better. See what I'm getting at? Don't believe me? Check all your strips. I've checked mine for over 3 years. I believe these numbers equate to how many mg are really in each strip. And it freaks me out. And it's seriously messed up. Ever feel like your dose isn't working anymore? Check your little number on the back. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist. I promise. Pay attention & you'll see. Someone please explain what this is! I hope I'm wrong! Because it screws me up when my numbers are lower than 5!

Interesting...never heard of this n honestly just realized there was #s in bottom right.I looked @ two 2mg wrappers one said 1 other said 2, looked @ two 8mg wrappers one said 3 other said 7 lol but idk tho the mind can b very powerful..

Status
Not open for further replies.