• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos New Shrink Doesn't Want Me on Valium Anymore

Technically it is from "A Song of Ice & Fire" - I registered my account before the show came out. And before you say: "Well, the first book was also called "Game of Thrones"!" - no, not for me it wasn't, because in many places outside the US, each long-ass ASoIaF volume was split into two medium-sized books.

Which also meant I had the honor of getting Ned's death spoiled not by some dick on the internet, but by the back cover of Book 1, Part 2, which started with a sentence about how "Robb Stark, King in the North, has to avenge his father's death...".

So, in short, I'm cooler than 95% of the guys with GoT-inspired usernames %) ( ;) )

Fucking ASoIaF HIPSTER!@!@@!@!!@!!@@!!##@#@# V#@!CXNB98bu23 x8i78wv4c6vyb @!@!@!@

Just jaking.

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE WITHDRAWAL FROM VALIUM.

I was taking 40-80mgs a day for about 6 months; then the last 3 months tapered down to 2.5 mgs;

Then i was hoping jumping off at 2.5mg wouldn't be that bad;

HOLY SHIT was i WRONG......

Benzo withdrawal is the most brutal shit of all time;

Seriously people you DO NOT want to get addicted to benzos or take them daily.....

For people already on them GOOD LUCK

that is exactly what I said mad dash.

I have taken benzos for sleep for a long time....I take .5mg xanax and 30mg temazepam every night. three or four refills on each. However, I had to take part in a sleep study and go through a host of other meds that didnt work before I could get here. In the last four months I have only taken one extra .5mg xanax one night after I got my flu shot and my body was very achy (which kept waking me up).

Literally I am the lightest sleeper, and the OCD keeps me up with strange scenarios racing around my mind. A rat pissing on cotton in the next house over could wake me up.

Anyways, I would look for a new doctor that is more sympathetic to your needs, and make sure they actually have time for you. If I call my doctor with an emergency on monday, I see him tuesday. Find a guy like that

Your doc prescribed you Xanax for SLEEP? That is some doc! The most I ever got was 8x 0.5mg for flight anxiety.

How many months have you been scripted for xanax and restoril? I'm on my 12th month of 15-30mg restoril.

This was after ambien, then sonata. No sleep study was required for me. My doc has been in practice since the early 80s. I tend to think older docs rely more on benzos, whereas newer docs learn about benzo addiction in medical school. (I'm talking GPs, not Psychs).

you have no obligation to continue seeing a doctor who doesn't understand or support you.

you have no obligation to continue seeing a doctor who doesn't understand or support you.

tricomb is absolutely correct. OP, are you able to find another doc who will accept your insurance if you have it? Plenty of psychiatrists in your area? You may consider supplementing your taper by buying diazepam since you seem to be able to control your usage. Most people who legitimately need their medicine don't abuse it anyway. I normally wouldn't condone anything like that but this could be considered extenuating circumstances and no doubt the thought may cross your mind when you feel like shit. Your best bet would be to switch doctors though if possible. It can take awhile to get in with a psychiatrist as a new patient but you already knew that.

I fuckin hate thinking about the day I run outa/get denied. But REALISTICALLY, what can you do? I'm fortunate enough to have access to a particular Eastern country which I use to stock up. Hence the username.

Good luck, yo.. You know the voice in the back of your head that just tells you to give up; one day you may not have a choice... this goes for me also - shitty, but hopefully we can work our way there and be ready.