• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

New secretive "alcohol alternative"

ordered 2 bottles. fuck it, it must be a scam, legal highs are illegal...
An UK domestic vendor? Yeah wish you good luck, can be legit, can be scam.. in the EU GBL is technically illegal too but they have quite a lot shops selling litres of car rim cleaner stuff which is pure GBL. Also the necessary reagent to convert it into GHB is freely sold on a big auction house.. had it seized though because fucking German custom aholes thought it was some cutting agent. Lol, a strong base as a cutting agent.

2M2B if it's not a carcinogen then it'd be superior to ethanol in many aspects, much much less load on the body, no rebound etc.

I don't know, 2m2b lasts ay too long and redosing too much becomes dangerous. I also find it inferior to ethanol in effects. It produces its own sort of hangover for me, though it may just be that it's still lingering on when I wake up and it makes me feel weird/unpleasant the next day because of that. I went through about 60mLs and tossed the remaining 40mL when I got some to try it. I liked it the first time and grew to dislike it by the end. I still like ethanol after years and years, though I use it much more rarely than I once did. Except when I'm visiting my family, we tend to drink every night then.

is “abi” kava?

They're also asking for trouble with their marketing. Entering into a space that may be more regulated than they think.
is reprehensible …

EFBC2930-CE2F-4A7A-9651-F821A691C181.jpeg

3C46A3AF-2C37-45F8-82AC-497C52830D23.jpeg

Last edited:
"not a drug"... gimme a break

Also, natural ingredients used for centuries? Flat out lies

Not saying it's a bad thing, safer than alcohol for sure. But straight up lies in that graphic

Oh I thought that was about pagoclone. I just looked it up, maybe it is herbal extracts and stuff, I don't know

maybe it is herbal extracts and stuff, I don't know
Ingredients: water, agave syrup*, blackberry concentrate, aronia concentrate*, botanical extracts (magnolia, linden*, passion-flower*, liquorice, ashwagandha*, hawthorn, damiana, rose*, tulsi*, gentian), hibiscus infusion*, spice extracts, acid: citric, malic. preservative: potassium sorbate. - (* organic - 63%).

yep... it's bullshit mix of herbs... ashwagandha probably the most psychoactive ingredient in there

Damn sounds like a dud someone needs to mainstream 2m2b like In the motion sickness pills for dogs again I’d pop some doggy pills for a good time lol..

Damn sounds like a dud someone needs to mainstream 2m2b like In the motion sickness pills for dogs again I’d pop some doggy pills for a good time lol..
Idk why, but I'm really interested in whatever dog pills you are talking about. Do you have any more info?

Idk why, but I'm really interested in whatever dog pills you are talking about. Do you have any more info?

I found this, not sure if that's what's being referred to, but it looks interesting. It contains desoxypipradrol as a substructure!

I found this, not sure if that's what's being referred to, but it looks interesting. It contains desoxypipradrol as a substructure!
Yeah with a weird quinuclidin ring going on. Honestly wonder if that drug is safe and effective in humans — it only seems to be indicated for pets.

I see 1,6-Dioxecane-2,7-dione, the dimer (technically a lactam) of GHB has turned up as a 'designer drug'. As I see it, GHB requires such a large dose, unless one can acquire the precursor(s) at a very low price, their isn't a profit to be had.

Maybe it's time for people to consider slightly more chemically complex compounds that require a relatively smaller dose. There are actually quite a few compounds active in the 200-400mg range that are far, far better alcohol alternatives. They all share the benefit of being possible to produce in a single step from commercially available compounds.

I'm hardly about to list them, but I WAS impressed by the sheer number of compounds that WERE licenced (back then licencing a medicine was a much simpler process) only to fall into obscurity almost at once.

I conclude that while many alcohols will produce the usual set of effects BUT the toxicity is too high (for a medicine). I suspect that is why terminal alkyne groups are commonly seen in such medicines (cannot undergo oxidation) and if a halogen is present, it's part of a conjugated system so that they cannot halogenate the body. Ethchlorvynolm methylpentynol and 1-ethynylcyclohexanol are good examples. Also, it seems that 5 or 6 carbons are the most active. I presume LogP comes into play here.

A quaternary carbon with a hydroxyl an ethynyl are also common motifs. 1-bromo-3-methylpent-1-yn-3-ol (Bason™) would be a GOOD example of a sedative hypnotic that arrived and disappeared without trace.1-ethyl-1-methylprop-2-ynyl carbamate (Anasiol) shows how a crabamate ester increases duration rather than potency and Phthalofyne (1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, mono(1-ethyl-1-methyl-2-propynyl) ester) shows how an ester is a convenient prodrug for 3-methylpent-1-yn-3-ol.

If someone has the time, it might be worth running a training set including M2B2 and as many other alcohols & diols that have been medicines at one time or another. Such software was not available to the originators of these medicines BUT I'm sure that at the back of their minds, they had SOME system of classification.

Make sure you check the LD50.

Anything that tastes like a pint and has some sort of effect would be good. Doesn't seem to be anything out there.

Ingredients: water, agave syrup*, blackberry concentrate, aronia concentrate*, botanical extracts (magnolia, linden*, passion-flower*, liquorice, ashwagandha*, hawthorn, damiana, rose*, tulsi*, gentian), hibiscus infusion*, spice extracts, acid: citric, malic. preservative: potassium sorbate. - (* organic - 63%).

yep... it's bullshit mix of herbs... ashwagandha probably the most psychoactive ingredient in there
umm well, magnolia bark is quite potent binding at gaba-a benzo receptors , it seems to cause potent benzo-like effects. But I've also read that tolerance sets in quite fast with magnolol...
Damiana by itself it's not potent but it's nice, maybe an extract is a bit different.
Surely kava should go there and it's not...

umm well, magnolia bark is quite potent binding at gaba-a benzo receptors , it seems to cause potent benzo-like effects. But I've also read that tolerance sets in quite fast with magnolol...
Damiana by itself it's not potent but it's nice, maybe an extract is a bit different.
Surely kava should go there and it's not...
I'm sure some of those herbs can be pleasant, but I highly doubt any of them are in sufficient quantities in this drink to cause a major effect

I'm sure some of those herbs can be pleasant, but I highly doubt any of them are in sufficient quantities in this drink to cause a major effect
yeah, probably not, the thing is that I'm pretty sure they can get a better alcohol, for me alcohol feels like shit nowadays, I barely dring anything and it feels like poison. Once I came into home after having a good time with friends, took 4 beers, not even 2 liters, in a long lapse of time. I came back feeling very odd pressure feelings in my chest, like if some artery was going out of place or if my lungs were overloaded...
Not to speak about the hangover ...

I know that for some people kava kava is not "enough", for me is, relaxation, feeling ok with myself, feeling light euphoria and sometimes light pro-social effects..
I never liked to be completely drunk with something like jack daniels, vodka or rum, it's clearly a dirty substance that affects people to a sad point (specially to some women).

Do you think that those alcohol concerning side effects could be because of using kratom daily? Since then I didn't use more than 2 beers or 2 wines.

I haven't come across magnolol. Unusual structure.
the main actives substances are magnolol and honokiol, yeah, both have quite unusual structures.
Another amazing compound with "multi-receptor" agonism profile is thymoquinone from Nigella Sativa, it's incredible that with a such simple structure can be so versatile and "dirty" in its receptor binding profile