New Rules

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
How about this.

When you temp ban someone mods have to put the same text in the ban message as what appears in the PM you conveniently can't check until after the ban has been revoked. It's pretty shit to get some obscure fucking reference on why you've been banned that makes no sense until the ban is lifted and you can finally log in and get to see the post in question and finally get a sense of what the fuck it is you're has supposed to have done.

Actually, the first thing I want to say is:

bit_pattern, you're a pimp!

Secondly, I have the same exact issue. I think there should be a forum called "The Courthouse"
It would be a place where the defendant could go to state his case before any temporary band goes into effect.

I've personally received much discrimination & animosity like yourself

You normally get several warnings or infractions before a temp ban gets issued - do yourself a favor, if you get a warning saying 'don't do this' don't do it. If you continue to do 'it' and receive a further infraction then still do 'it' it's not that hard to guess the reason you were banned.

If you feel that the mod in that section is unfairly treating you, speak to an administrator of that section.

I've never got warnings, just a temporary ban.

That's why I was an advocate of establishing The Courthouse

It's all good! I know what not to do.

I've never got warnings, just a temporary ban.

That's why I was an advocate of establishing The Courthouse

It's all good! I know what not to do.

I'm sure you're aware of our incremental disciplinary system... 1 infraction does not trip a ban.

I think the last one I got was two infractions from one thread which resulted in a multiple week ban, and I didn't get the chance to defend my case.

bit_pattern has been on a long ban. We all miss him, and don't know when he'll be back.

It's like all the good ones are getting locked up.

Secondly, I have the same exact issue. I think there should be a forum called "The Courthouse"
It would be a place where the defendant could go to state his case before any temporary band goes into effect.

do you have any idea what an enormous pain in the ass that would be?

BL staff are unpaid volunteers, we don't have the time to entertain that kind of nonsense

do you have any idea what an enormous pain in the ass that would be?

BL staff are unpaid volunteers, we don't have the time to entertain that kind of nonsense

I think you guys should do what you think is best. However, i run a forum of my own and it's pretty easy to set up something like an appeal forum though. Just set the permissions so that only banned members can enter the area and are limited to posting in their own thread. That way you ensure a serious effort on the part of the user since they don't have an 'audience' to show off their grievances.

Last edited:
we don't need an appeals forum as we already have an appeals process.

alasdair