• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

New Raves

Hmmm. I dont think these events are that exclusive, they take pre-existing things like spiritual exploration, and introduce it to the dance culture (something which occurs in raves anyway). I bet they are willing to have anyone come aboard who wants to give it a go, without drugs. I think its a good thing, since it may lead to raves being accepted by mainstream culture as a good way to have fun. Too many anti-rave laws and other junk, when its all about the music.

i think this is a grand idea. yet i agree that to some extent some drugs are ok for these types of events, i have had many spiritual experiences while on something, i dont think alcohal is needed though...

I don't know about y'all, but when I party, I PARTY. If I'm not fucked up or with a girl I'm not feelin good.

hows ur self esteem doing?

hows ur mind treat you when sober or alone?

::::in a soft caring voice I pry:::: ;)

I've partied sober as much as I've partied on drugs at this point and I enjoy both experiences. One of my favorite parties of all time was a sober experience. DJ Tiesto was the headliner and my friend and I were so into his set that we might as well have been on drugs. Definitely one of my best ever rave experiences.

This having been said, I have to agree with nads...

One of the main aspects of a rave (and one of its major appeals for me) is its inclusivity. Everyone is welcome and everyone is free to do (pretty much) what they want. This new kind of a rave is exclusive because people who do drugs are not welcome. Considering how drug users are treated by society in general, I think this is unfortunate. Also, I would bet that with the absence of drugs the group attracted to these events is much narrower than you would get at a rave, which is also unfortunate. The inclusivity of raves is one of the main things that make them different from everyday life. I think it would be a shame if we lost that. When I look back on my rave experience one of the things I am truly grateful for is the opportunity I have had to interact with such a cross section of people and to experience a world beyond middle class suburbia.