• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment New psychiatrist - started abilify- narcoleptic symptoms

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I am not saying it’s the abilify as I know it’s the least berating but it said it can worsen narcolepsy. I never had narcolepsy but I’ve been getting what I guess they call “ sleep attacks” in psychiatry. I randomly fall asleep usually at a minute max but sometimes as long as an hour albeit rare.

I start a new job next week so luckily I’m not working yet.

Google said hormonal changes can cause narcoleptic type symptoms and I just started TRT last two ti days ago. I take 200mg IM every week. I feel like it might be too much T. I do have true low T but it’s only 225 so 200mg IM per week might be overboard. I’ll discuss that next appointment Tuesday. I did know it had a 8 day half lif so it’s stacking.

It’s so annoying. I can’t do much of anything today and was afraid to drive to get more nicotine because I thought I’d fall asleep in the middle and it was a challenge but I made it with the window down and music up. Some close calls tho.

I don’t think it’s the abilify. I would say it was because I was looking for a pen yesterday and came across where I forgot I hid some adderral from myself so I would t go overboard back when I was abusing it. Well, I can resist using when it’s not right in my face and mine and no one home. The stars aligned and I relapsed :(

Luckily it was only 80mg IR. I blew thru 600mg nearly in three days except for these a few weeks back and that same week I called my dr and said to not prescribe it anymore. I’m serious about staying off the bullshit. And stims for me are deadly bullshit. I’m not speaking for anyone else because I know some ppl don’t have the issue I have with them. I have a sex addiction so stims are so hard for me when they are right in my face.z

To boot, I found them before my new psychiatrist appointment and did not exercise self disclipline so when I saw him he was like “your manic “ and “ I would like you to go inpatient and get stable”. I was like “ I took kratom before coming because I was nervous and it stimulates me. He knows I have stimulant use disorder but I was paranoid he would tell my wife if I told him I used.

So sense there were zero safety concerns (si/hi) he said he would just prescribe anilify for now and I follow up next week.

I think he may suspect I was on stims though because he wanted to speak with ky therapist at another business I’ve been seeing for 7 years.

I’m getting off track. Sorry. Does anyone have any ideas what causes these narcoleptic symptoms? I know it’s not true narcolepsy and I can’t take anything if it was. Maybe modafinil. Little recreational potential there I hear.

But don’t think that’s necessary. Is there any home remedies? I tried kratom but made it worse it seems even though I dont get opioid effects from it ever just the others.

Edit: maybe I took more magnesium when I was high but I haven’t been high since last night. Idk I doubt it’s electrolyte imbalance