• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Powerful Painkiller Has Drug Abuse Experts Worried

I don't understand the hate for Hydro's. You guys just don't like them because you're either stuck on dope, or you're dosing at such a high dose on other Opiates the Hydro's don't do a damn thing. How about you take a break and lower your tolerances for once? Quit being a slave to the drug.

Hydrocodone is equally as enjoyable as any other Opiate. Sure, it's not as potent in euphoria as some others, but it has it's place. Hydrocodone generally sucks because of the APAP, preventing a high enough dose to be achieved without illness. A pure dose would make the high feel much cleaner, maybe even stronger. Don't knock it till you try it.

hydrocodone has the most euphoric high imo. you are right about most of us not being able to enjoy it due to tolerance etc. the only way i can enjoy it is thru tussionex but god damn would i love me some yellow syrup right now. i would put 3 ounces in a cup of sprite and sip it throughout the day, all while maintaining a quite euphoric high

These "experts" are fucking morons.

Every time it's the same bullshit they spew out of their mouths.

"Oh I'm concerned because some guy or girl I'll never meet, nor do I care about can crush it and make themselves feel good."

Maybe I've been living under a rock all this time, but not once have I read a quote from one of these experts that goes something like this: "While it may be true that this new formulation can be crushed and used in unintended ways, I'm more concerned about why some guy or girl I hope to meet would do this in the first place. What is it that gets them to resort to this behavior???"

P.S. - A former or current individual working law enforcement of narcotics is NO expert in drug abuse and addiction, so please don't consider them as such. All they care about is busting as many users and dealers as possible so that they can seize their assets and use it to fund their own bad habits. Well fuck them! (End rant, sorry)

I don't understand the hate for Hydro's. You guys just don't like them because you're either stuck on dope, or you're dosing at such a high dose on other Opiates the Hydro's don't do a damn thing. How about you take a break and lower your tolerances for once? Quit being a slave to the drug.

Hydrocodone is equally as enjoyable as any other Opiate. Sure, it's not as potent in euphoria as some others, but it has it's place. Hydrocodone generally sucks because of the APAP, preventing a high enough dose to be achieved without illness. A pure dose would make the high feel much cleaner, maybe even stronger. Don't knock it till you try it.

I agree J.Wallace. I can do a few bags of H in a IV and still swear 3-4 10/325 last longer and nod me. I just dislike the tylenol. The withdrawl for me seems to be worse as well tho..

Powerful my ass.

Tramadol<codeine<hydrocodone<oxycodone<hydromorphone< heroin, oxymorphone

Very low on list

I always loved the ten mg vicoden with the 325 apap..the percs too, the yellow ones. But hydro def is very euphoric. That was ny first ticket to the wonderful world of opiates lol. Also vicoprofin isnt bad either as it only has a little ibuprofin in it and that stuff doesnt do the kind of damage to your liver the way apap does. Not great on your stomach tho, but its a good way to get a decent dose of hydro with no apap. Or go to a compounding pharmacy and rob the place of all their powdered hydro. That would be sweet. Make 100mg ir caps.

I always loved the ten mg vicoden with the 325 apap..the percs too, the yellow ones. But hydro def is very euphoric. That was ny first ticket to the wonderful world of opiates lol. Also vicoprofin isnt bad either as it only has a little ibuprofin in it and that stuff doesnt do the kind of damage to your liver the way apap does. Not great on your stomach tho, but its a good way to get a decent dose of hydro with no apap. Or go to a compounding pharmacy and rob the place of all their powdered hydro. That would be sweet. Make 100mg ir caps.

I was a sucker for the fat Perc pills.

Oxycodone has got to be the most stimulating opioid ever. Sure, it'll still knock you on your ass, but the sedation (even at high dosages) is nothing compared to the likes of methadone.

Would it really be so bad if they sold those in the same manner as Tylenol 1 (not Rx but hidden behind the counter)?

Ya me too. This bar i used to go to all the time when i was younger was mostly older ppl i liked it bc it was really chill, great food and booze, friendly staff, anyways one of the waiters i was friends with who knew i was into percs came over to me and was like you wanna buy some perc tens? He showed me one and they were the brand name 325/10 and i was like hell yeah. I gave him 40 bucks and he came back with one of those little plastic sauce cups with the lid filled with them, there were twenty in there. Turns out the really fat dude i would always see in there with the cane was a chronic pain patient and would sell his meds. That night was awesome. Hookup didnt last long but cheap ten mg percs was awesome.

They should be concerned. It will kill children, teens and adults. And it will do so for years to come. It's legal, available, and will likely be poorly regulated.

It was approved a few months ago...and without the stipulation that it contain tamper/abuse resistance features.

Here's the link: http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm372287.htm Sorry if this has been posted, I did a cursory check and didn't find it elsewhere.

Also, issues surrounding this: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicHealthPolicy/FDAGeneral/43374
Anyone else notice NYC, NY Hydrocodone is written like a CII now... If a SINGLE product containing only HYDRCODONE reaches the market, every doctor, pharmacist and cop I've talked to says it will be a great reason to just nudge all Hydrocodone containing rxs into the CII category. Cops seem thrilled, less demon opium juices flowing. Docs and Pharmacists are pissed... No "GOOD" opioid left with refill options... For people with chronic coughs, occasionally bad acute pain, and anything that you probably won't be getting percs for right now.

NOTE: This is opinion, but at least 5 people I know in real life, and 30 I don't, very few detractors. I grew outta Norcos a while back, but I still have to think if I needed a opioid of approximately morphine strength with 3 refills to put back for my family if they really have a migraine, bad coughing, or something worthyof a few days on an opioid, but don't need a doctor... It's at least available with a phone in script. IMHO &#55357;&#56458;&#55357;&#56457;

when my opiate tolerance was sufficient enough to enjoy oxy and hydro, i always preferred hydro, to me it was HEAvier high, and lasted longer..i can see HydroContin aka like oxycontin being very deadly...now i can eat 50 tabs just to get a tummy ache and still be in withdrawl...i misss the hydro days

They're saying this as if this drug will spur a whole new wave of opiate addicts, not a fucking chance.
It will just give opiate users a new toy to tinker with

Those sensational articles piss me off.

"20,000 people a year die from rx overdose." This country has 330 million fuckers living here! If you self righteous eff tards are so hell bent on saving lives take cigs and booze off the market. Over 8 million people a year die from those combined products.

Anyone that is dumb enough to die of an rx overdose, is probably going to die another way, prematurely. Most people that are smart enough to use their pharmies properly will not od.

Those sensational articles piss me off.

"20,000 people a year die from rx overdose." This country has 330 million fuckers living here! If you self righteous eff tards are so hell bent on saving lives take cigs and booze off the market. Over 8 million people a year die from those combined products.

Anyone that is dumb enough to die of an rx overdose, is probably going to die another way, prematurely. Most people that are smart enough to use their pharmies properly will not od.

Not that I have anything personal against smokers (I smoked for 15 years - and a few years after I quit for good I'm still craving the stuff quite severely at times), but did you know that each year, more people in the US die from second-hand smoking than all street drug-related deaths combined? I just thought that statistic is pretty stunning, considering that tobacco smoking is so well tolerated in society (it varies depending on where you live of course, but it's still a legal habit). On the other hand, street (clandestinely manufactured) drugs are anything but well tolerated - even for weed (Oklahoma for example has some of the harshest punishments for mj possession and/or trafficking).

Not that I have anything personal against smokers (I smoked for 15 years - and a few years after I quit for good I'm still craving the stuff quite severely at times), but did you know that each year, more people in the US die from second-hand smoking than all street drug-related deaths combined? I just thought that statistic is pretty stunning, considering that tobacco smoking is so well tolerated in society (it varies depending on where you live of course, but it's still a legal habit). On the other hand, street (clandestinely manufactured) drugs are anything but well tolerated - even for weed (Oklahoma for example has some of the harshest punishments for mj possession and/or trafficking).

I personally cannot stand cigs, I have never smoked, and my city is a cancer haven of the US (smokers+poorly regulated industry pollution). I just can't stand the smell. I hate when I'm driving my car and the car in front of me has smoke coming out the window going into mine, and then they of course litter with the butt. Or standing next to somebody in a store that clearly smoked like 20 cigs that day. I know, I know shouldn't judge, just how I feel. On the other hand I am all for patches and those e cigs (even if people look just as dumb sucking on an e cig) because people around them don't have to take in the second hand. If a person is on patches indefinitely, I'm fine with that. Get your nic fix without all the other chems, take most of the harm out of it.

They're saying this as if this drug will spur a whole new wave of opiate addicts, not a fucking chance.
It will just give opiate users a new toy to tinker with

Like the simply moronic statement in some recent article that this medicine is "genuinely frightening". No it is not...."fuck off", there are people who need the medicine for pain, stop trying to police the people who might abuse medications at the expense of those who benefit from its medicinal purposes. This pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:

This comment is old as fuck, but someone else just brought it up so I figured why not follow in suit. I just underlined the obvious contradiction in the statement. I just wonder what "its place" is? In medicine, perhaps, but we are talking about recreational use. I didn't even like hydrocodone when I had little tolerance. I'd take a 5 mg percocet over a 10 mg vicodin, easily. I would also take 90 mg codeine over it.

I agree J.Wallace. I can do a few bags of H in a IV and still swear 3-4 10/325 last longer and nod me. I just dislike the tylenol. The withdrawl for me seems to be worse as well tho..

Seriously? Is it possible this heroin is garbage?

They should be concerned. It will kill children, teens and adults. And it will do so for years to come. It's legal, available, and will likely be poorly regulated.

Is this in reference to alcohol? Because this Zohydro is not "legal" or "available" without a prescription.

Last edited:
Meh. People like me that have had a serious heroin addiction would fucking yawn at these things. I sure as hell haven't even heard of these things being available. The oxy addicts switched to heroin, which is cheaper anyway, and many are doubtless now on methadone.

I'd have to break them down and convert em to hydromorphone to give a fuck. Who cares? lol

Longtime lurker, first time poster, bear with me. Swim has actually done a cwe with hydro and evaporated the water leaving behind, essentially, hydro powder. Although I'm certain there was still apap, and some hydro lost, I ended up with 2 Tim Allen's (big lines, also known as Hollywoods in my kneck of the woods) of about 40mg total (5 10/325 pills total in cwe, roughly 1 lost in process). It burned when snorted, which I'm sure can be blamed on the apap, but after I had done both, I had nice buzz, maybe comparable to 30mg swallowed, which is a bit less than my "money dose" if you will. Overall it probably wasn't worth it, but wanted to try anyways. Where am I getting at? Not quite sure, but although hardly comparable to a prescribed, real, actual pill with pure hydro, it was decent at best. Would definitly try a zohydro if ever presented with the opportunity but I have a feeling this will not be on the street hardly at all, I can't see doctors prescribing these too often, but we shall see!