• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New poster thanks in advance!

Poophands

Greenlighter
SWIM was recently placed on 5mg Trintellix, but they also occasionally dabble with stimulants (e.g. cocaine, Adderal, vyvanse) and wants to know if there are any major contraindications. Since the dose is near sub-therapeutic (lowest available by prescription) SWIM feels confident that RESPONSIBLE recreational drug use can still be safe, but wants to be sure. SWIM is also prescribed clonezepam for anxiety on an as needed basis, but SWIM knows not to mix a lot of benzodiazepines with stimulants.

^Thanks for taking the time to rebuke the OP regarding appropriate pronouns while not contributing in any way to the discourse, masterful my friend.

OP, there's a ton of potential drug interactions with Vortioxetine (Trintellix) so you really need to be doing some research before you commit to a recreational drug experience while taking this medication. The obvious one to look out for is going to be Serotonin Syndrome. Seeing as how both stimulants like Amphetamine and Vortioxetine impact Serotonin, you should always be cautious.

But, there doesn't appear to be any especially serious drug interactions between the drugs you listed and Vortioxetine, but this is just after I've given the information a brief glance. If you really want to be safe, you need to do some research yourself. Vortioxetine is a relatively obscure drug compared to some of the more commonly used Antidepressants, so finding good information might be a little more difficult.

Some good places to start your search.

Drugs.com/rxlist.com and a few others have pretty extensive medication interaction search engines. I would start at one of those and go from there.

Really appreciate the information, this is what the harm reduction community is all about

also prescribed clonezepam for anxiety on an as needed basis, but I know not to mix a lot of benzodiazepines with stimulants.

not too sure what Trintellix is but just to let you know that, yes, don't go overboard with benzos in any situation (benzo withdrawal is the worst thing i've ever gone through) but a small dose after you've finished taking your amphetamines will help stave off the urge to re-dose and also help with the anxiety stims often give people and help you sleep.

and welcome to bluelight!