• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New pharmacy database will rank "abuse liability" of totally compliant pain patients

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
New pharmacy database will rank "abuse liability" of totally compliant pain patients

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2018/5/19/what-every-patient-should-know-about-narxcare

What is NarxCare? Appriss Health developed NarxCare as a ?robust analytics tool? to help ?care teams? (doctors, pharmacists, etc.) identify patients with substance use disorders. Each patient is evaluated and given a ?risk score? based on their prescription drug history. According to Appriss, a patient is much more willing to discuss their substance abuse issues once they are red flagged as a possible abuser.

?NarxCare automatically analyzes PDMP data and a patient?s health history and provides patient risk scores and an interactive visualization of usage patterns to help identify potential risk factors,? the company says on its website.

I REALLY hope we don't follow in Russia's footsteps and end up with "nacrology" :(

With the current administration, that wouldn't really surprise me. Not sure how else they could fuck up the response to drug policy reform, but like I said, it wouldn't surprise me.

What would surprise me if they started getting their act together on drug and public health policy.

:!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a way we can take action. Don't get your prescriptions filled, or even shop at the stores that use this software. Fuck the Sam Walton empire. I dropped my Sam's membership in favor of Costco years ago and as far as Mal-Wart goes, I don't like the way they do business so I don't darken their door. Don't discount the effect if enough people do it. Thank you for bringing this up.

I wonder what score I get if I buy syringes with my filled script.

I'm worried that there will be a heroin shortage at some point so many ppl will be switching to heroin

There is a way we can take action. Don't get your prescriptions filled, or even shop at the stores that use this software. Fuck the Sam Walton empire. I dropped my Sam's membership in favor of Costco years ago and as far as Mal-Wart goes, I don't like the way they do business so I don't darken their door. Don't discount the effect if enough people do it. Thank you for bringing this up.

Great idea. I want nothing to do with these policies, and divestment is a great idea. Too bad most Americans probably don't care that much, but one must do what one must do.

I'm worried that there will be a heroin shortage at some point so many ppl will be switching to heroin

I will only order syringes online or buy them outside the US in the future (if I ever need them I mean).

^old/war on drugs thinking

Sad this still seems to represent the conventional wisdom when it comes to US drug policy.

One day, one day...

Heroin shortage -> massive CIA cash ; could be the point of the faked 'opioid crisis'.

It's always going to be an extremely potent unadulterated drug so that a couple kilograms are worth seven figures. H and meth are the two that come to mind but Mexican cartels have a 99% dominance of the US meth market so there may be a tacit agreement that they not traffic H and the CIA runners not traffic meth.

(/conspiracytheorist)

Narxcare? I wonder who named it.

The algorithm is probably like "oxycodone, three days" for shattered something = Likely Addict, and the machine shrieks "don't give that junkie any pain meds!"

Narxcare? I wonder who named it.

The algorithm is probably like "oxycodone, three days" for shattered something = Likely Addict, and the machine shrieks "don't give that junkie any pain meds!"

Hydromorphone...1 month = person that murders babies and puppies and sells thier parts to get next fix.

Okay so I'm in Michigan and currently using one of my insurances "preferred" pharmacies (CVS) During the past two years, I filled at Kroger and other smaller pharmacies whichever gave me the best price. Using the NarxCare criteria with pain meds, sedatives and antidepressants, it's likely that I've already been red flagged. That's pretty fucked.

I'm sure I'm flagged for filling Suboxone. Basically the legal pain med game is dead. Feel sorry for everyone who legit needs them.

Basically the legal pain med game is dead. Feel sorry for everyone who legit needs them.

I wouldn't say this. I'm sure they're still out there for people who need them.

This whole "opiate crisis" that isn't a crisis will go away one day.

Another thing that is causing a problems is doctors being pressured into switching their patients to new brands with special anti abuse formulations.It's hard to to get insurance to cover those and you have to put in a special request which will most likely get rejected because they want you to try out the brands your doctor no longer prescribes first(that you specifically mentioned in the request is the whole reason why you need that brand) not to mention not allot of pharmacies are stocking them yet so they have to be special ordered. Not to mention that shit would of cost almost as much as my rent check if I get it covered by my insurance.

My doc assured me she knows I'm not at risk for abusing my meds but she didn't have a choice. Thankfully she worked with me and kept me on the current brand until the 1 out of the 3 brands I put in a request for got approved. I still had to go through withdrawals while waiting for my pharmacy to stock it and am having to again this weekend.
So far I haven't had any personal issues with my local Walgreens since I have been using them a long time and they know me.

Last edited:
^ugh I can't stand that stuff. Even the OPs tore up my gut. I mean, luckily I didn't need them for pain, so I just don't take them.

But still, I can't imagine what some of the "abuse deterrents" I've heard about formulations using - whether polymer matrix, something like naloxone or something like capsaicin - are very good for people, even for who's systems can process the additive.

Another thing that is causing a problems is doctors being pressured into switching their patients to new brands with special anti abuse formulations.It's hard to to get insurance to cover those and you have to put in a special request which will most likely get rejected because they want you to try out the brands your doctor no longer prescribes first(that you specifically mentioned in the request is the whole reason why you need that brand) not to mention not allot of pharmacies are stocking them yet so they have to be special ordered. Not to mention that shit would of cost almost as much as my rent check if I get it covered by my insurance.

My doc assured me she knows I'm not at risk for abusing my meds but she didn't have a choice. Thankfully she worked with me and kept me on the current brand until the 1 out of the 3 brands I put in a request for got approved. I still had to go through withdrawals while waiting for my pharmacy to stock it and am having to again this weekend.
So far I haven't had any personal issues with my local Walgreens since I have been using them a long time and they know me.

are you in somalia? You are having the same issues getting pain meds there?

I read about that capsaicin thing, jesus H fucking christ, how just how low can a sick fuck sink before they start spiking people's pills with capsaicin. I can imagine that giving quite a few little old ladies heartburn just using as directed..but really...seeing recreational use as SO
evil that people are willing to resort to in essence, poisoning users, its pretty fucked up.

are you in somalia? You are having the same issues getting pain meds there?

lol No I have that there as a joke I'm in Fl which is getting hit hard by this crap. Things were ok for a while but for some reason they decided it wasn't worth the effort to make sure pharmacies had regular stocks of these new brands before pressuring doctors to switch their patients to them. Before if they were out of the brand I usually get they'd just give me a different one. Now I'm going through the same crap I had to a few years ago were I'm having to go from one pharmacy to another.

^ugh I can't stand that stuff. Even the OPs tore up my gut. I mean, luckily I didn't need them for pain, so I just don't take them.

But still, I can't imagine what some of the "abuse deterrents" I've heard about formulations using - whether polymer matrix, something like naloxone or something like capsaicin - are very good for people, even for who's systems can process the additive.

It's some new morphine brand that most pharmacies I went to say they haven't even heard of. It did take a bit for me to get used to due to it releasing slower but it seems to be working ok now but like you said all the additives worry me.

I read about that capsaicin thing, jesus H fucking christ, how just how low can a sick fuck sink before they start spiking people's pills with capsaicin. I can imagine that giving quite a few little old ladies heartburn just using as directed..but really...seeing recreational use as SO
evil that people are willing to resort to in essence, poisoning users, its pretty fucked up.

Capsaicin? Fuck me dude. I can't eat spicy food because my insides are on fire for the next 24 hours after eating, especially my rectum. Ridiculous idea.

I am pretty sure that the definition, legally speaking, here in the UK of criminal poisoning is to administer a noxious substance to a person, and especially without consent on the part of the recipient.

And we all know that there will be cases of people not realizing and injecting it IV, or not understanding and same. I wonder if such a thing would have to end up killing a user before the scumbag filth responsible for poisoning people with tampered-with drugs before some piece of dirt ends up doing the jail time they so richly deserve for using the medical establishment to poison drug users who use recreationally.

I know for one, that if I got spiked like that I would be so fucking steaming with the twats responsible for trying to poison IV users.