• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New - Need Help Pls

miss daytona

Greenlighter
Feeling very weird, shaky and mostly stupid. Tonight I mixed tylenol 3 w codiene and gabapentin 300 mg. Plus I was drinking quite a bit. I suffer from severe anxiety and also took 3 Ativan (1mg) earlier. Hiw much trouble am I in? I have been abusing Ativan for 20+ years. Never had tylenol w codiene b4 tonight. Gabapentin is recent - take maybe up to 15-20 a day

sry if posted in wrong place

While it sounds like you are quite experienced with + have a solid tolerance to GABA drugs/downers and it's difficult to predict how each drug will affect you without knowing your bodyweight, the dosage you took with each one, etc:
That is generally a dangerous mix of drugs. You should be fine, but please call someone to come over and keep an eye on you if you do not already have someone doing so. Try your best to stay awake. Sit upright, and if you want to lie down then do so lying on your side in case you end up vomiting. If you are having trouble breathing, staying awake, anything like that then it's best to seek medical attention. It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to drugs.

Completely agree with arrall and nsa.
Hopefully you are fine once it all wears off.
PLEASE call an ambulance immediately if you find that you're having trouble breathing.

I'm going to move this to Basic Drug Discussion as it will get more attention there.

Good luck and please let us know how you go okay??

that's a lot of downers with ethanol for a long time.

I know why I would feel that way after a similar length of time / abuse of similar substances::
I started getting bad AWS (alcohol withdrawal symptom) usually same day/ the night of the day. No more partying and waking up the next day feeling awful, i start feeling shaky/insane/anxious
and terrible about 6 hours after starting drinking no matter what.

best decision i made was getting myself off bzds and ethanol. It was, as stevie nicks describes, "Like walking through hell," but worth every step imo.
I hope you feel better. I'd have to know more about how much you drank / when / when the pills were timed, but yeah, ill bet you've just got a helluva glutamate rebound thing going on, especially if you
somehow are experiencing a plasma drop in the ativan (it doesn't have a super long half life) as well as the ethanol wearing off/being converted to acetaldehyde. what clues me in is the "i was drinking quite a bit" meaning you had been drinking heavily throughout the day, taken pills, then stopped the ethanol and some time later felt a rush of anxiety/shakiness etc? if I am correct in the scenario I have laid out,
well, I would seriously look at tapering/quitting the GABA agents.

If you have that kind of damage, it does not get better as long as you are smashing the GABA receptors.
not only that, but it can progress (as it did with me) to serious seizure activity territory.

I will drop a link about kindling and GABA agents. Nothing has been more damaging to me / my mental functioning than the loooooong standing GABA abuse habit (phenibut, ghb, ethanol, gabapentin, baclofen, every benzo ever made, methaqualone, phenobarbital, pregabalin, and I'm sure there's probably a couple I'm forgetting.

I can't take any of that shit now or I experience immediate electrical repercussions. that last 4/5 days. absolutely not worth it i just leave em alone at this point.

Op, still with us?

Tbh, that doesn’t sound that dangerous to me, but I mix drugs a lot.

The only worrying thing is that you were shaky, idk why you would feel like that from codeine, where did you get the Tylenol 3s from? A doctor or the street?

Everyone different, like arral said, maybe just a bad reaction from the codeine?

If you got the pills from the street, they could be pressed, and have other drugs in them.

Thank you to all who replied - I read all and took some advice from each of you. I had my neighbour come stay with with me thru the night and by early morning was feeling fine and the shakiness has gone away thankfully.

@polarthedog, I got the Tylenol 3's from a doctor. And think as you said @arrall is right - it was a bad reaction to the codiene. And of course all the other shit I took did not help

@cdin - your reply was most informative and your scenario was very correct. I had been drinking all day and how silly being a long time drug addict who should know never to mix alcohol with downers. And thanks for the link!

@n3ophy7e, sorry for posting in wrong place so thanks for moving it to where it would get more attention but mostly advice :)

Again thanks to all who replied with great advice and concern when I had no one else to help me. No offence, but I hope I never have to talk to any of you again (for the same stupid thing a grown ass woman should know better not to do)

Bless you all and stay safe

High doses of gabapentinoids (including gabapentin) can send some weird signals through my nervous system and cause tics, jerks and spasms. Not sure if this is the "shaky" feeling you mentioned but just what happens to me at higher (recreational) doses.
Glad it's all sorted out now and hope the best.

High doses of gabapentinoids (including gabapentin) can send some weird signals through my nervous system and cause tics, jerks and spasms.

Pretty sure this is related to it's action as a VDCC blocker causing disruption in dopamine signaling. At least, that's how I'd understand it, may be wrong. OP is taking quite a high dose too.

I get a "shakey" type feeling with jerks, especially hypnic jerks when trying to sleep, on all gabapentenoids I've taken

Pretty sure this is related to it's action as a VDCC blocker causing disruption in dopamine signaling. At least, that's how I'd understand it, may be wrong. OP is taking quite a high dose too.

I get a "shakey" type feeling with jerks, especially hypnic jerks when trying to sleep, on all gabapentenoids I've taken
tbh i think it's that combined w what i described - the ethanol/benzo simultaneous wear off. I've done this exact thing to myself, taken the first two, allowed them to wear off then thought "next ill take these gabapentanoids and it'll be almost the same" and it totally isn't lol

Feeling very weird, shaky and mostly stupid. Tonight I mixed tylenol 3 w codiene and gabapentin 300 mg. Plus I was drinking quite a bit. I suffer from severe anxiety and also took 3 Ativan (1mg) earlier. Hiw much trouble am I in? I have been abusing Ativan for 20+ years. Never had tylenol w codiene b4 tonight. Gabapentin is recent - take maybe up to 15-20 a day

Combining 4 potent CNS depressants is incredibly dangerous even in low/reasonable doses.

My last near fatal overdose was a very similar combination (opioid + benzo + alcohol + disso). Thought I was OK because I had tolerance, all were fairly low dose and I'm experienced... but no!!! Combined interaction is 10x more unpredictable!

Please be careful in the future, I hope you're OK. For future reference don't ever combine more than 2 CNS depressants, and even 2 is asking for real trouble... should be 1 max.

oh... ya mean like a morning after "shakes"? i know those shakes. lol
no diggin in ya biz but is there anyone about? like a roomate, SO, dude onda couch etc?
oh im good now. just reminiscing for OP.

Combining 4 potent CNS depressants is incredibly dangerous even in low/reasonable doses.

My last near fatal overdose was a very similar combination (opioid + benzo + alcohol + disso). Thought I was OK because I had tolerance, all were fairly low dose and I'm experienced... but no!!! Combined interaction is 10x more unpredictable!

Please be careful in the future, I hope you're OK. For future reference don't ever combine more than 2 CNS depressants, and even 2 is asking for real trouble... should be 1 max.
sry, for someone who has tried every pill imaginable now, I never really educated myself - just recklessly threw them down. CNS - central nervous system? disso is??

I am very glad you're alright! This too with myself - I have combined very high doses of benzos + alcohol and had tolerance, was always ok. (But really is anyone who does that actually okay? Nope.) I felt reckless last night, for lack of better words - godlike. Could handle anything. Wrong.

When the trouble it, it hit hard and I was no longer a god but just a foolish, scared, stupid little girl. bluelight really saved my ass. I love benzos - love lorazepam. it's all I took today and feel ok. thanks for your words and for sharing. I am reading all I can here to hopefully not repeat last night and even better to maybe help someone like myself in the future, thx again

welcome to blue light! come back to us!!, youre fun to listen to and kind, theres alot to learn and places to vent and place to laugh your brains out

Last edited:
CNS - central nervous system? disso is??
Yeah, CNS is Central Nervous System. Disso = dissociatives so ketamine, DXM, and the like.
I am reading all I can here to hopefully not repeat last night and even better to maybe help someone like myself in the future, thx again
Good to hear. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. Very glad that you ended up being okay and had a neighbor there to help you out. And (almost forgot) welcome to Bluelight!

The chart below is a good reference for the future with drug mixing. Gabapentin would probably fall closest to GHB/GBL, T3 and codeine would obviously fall under opioids, etcetera. As you can see, for safety reasons it is best to try to avoid combining any of the substances that you were on the other night.

Combo_2.png

sry, for someone who has tried every pill imaginable now, I never really educated myself - just recklessly threw them down. CNS - central nervous system? disso is??

I am very glad you're alright! This too with myself - I have combined very high doses of benzos + alcohol and had tolerance, was always ok. (But really is anyone who does that actually okay? Nope.) I felt reckless last night, for lack of better words - godlike. Could handle anything. Wrong.

When the trouble it, it hit hard and I was no longer a god but just a foolish, scared, stupid little girl. bluelight really saved my ass. I love benzos - love lorazepam. it's all I took today and feel ok. thanks for your words and for sharing. I am reading all I can here to hopefully not repeat last night and even better to maybe help someone like myself in the future, thx again
I strongly recommend working at getting off of the benzos. They will only cause progressive damage and worsening of symptoms over time. I love them too, and can never take them again at this point. And had to completely relearn coping mechanisms for anxiety and everything else because my entire adult life I just used pills instead of actually addressing the issues. Then when they turned on me (and there is every likelihood they will for you, it's an exceedingly rare person that can regularly slam GABA receptors repeatedly and not incur damage - in fact, I think that is part of the reason for the symptoms you experienced, these started happening for me as my GABA system became more and more damaged) - I had no choice but to figure out how to do things sober. It was awful. I recommend to anyone to begin taking this step as a choice before it's no longer in your hands.

oh im good now. just reminiscing for OP.
i think i misquoted. right subject but wrong person.
trying to figure the "shakes" in context but think i get it cause i had it in more than one way. lol
best

I strongly recommend working at getting off of the benzos. They will only cause progressive damage and worsening of symptoms over time. I love them too, and can never take them again at this point. And had to completely relearn coping mechanisms for anxiety and everything else because my entire adult life I just used pills instead of actually addressing the issues. Then when they turned on me (and there is every likelihood they will for you, it's an exceedingly rare person that can regularly slam GABA receptors repeatedly and not incur damage - in fact, I think that is part of the reason for the symptoms you experienced, these started happening for me as my GABA system became more and more damaged) - I had no choice but to figure out how to do things sober. It was awful. I recommend to anyone to begin taking this step as a choice before it's no longer in your hands.
This. It is no longer in my hands - the hands of benzos (Lorazepam - 3mgs daily prescribed but take 8-10 daily. That is relatively low as in my past was taking up to 30 mgs. daily. I'm ashamed to say how I managed to keep that up. I honestly don't understand this talk of "GABA receptors" and I truly mean no disrespect. Ty for the chart.

I find myself comng back here constantly. I am out of control. Here's the deal - I have no script for gabbys - my dog does tho and I take his (I DO NOT ever let him go without bc I lie) and now I enjoy the effects of 3+ Tylenol w codiene + alcohol every night. I have no understanding of what has become of me. My home life is shit. I take care of my mother who has early onset alzheimer's. I feel lost and broken and I hide everything very very well. Thx to all who understand this.

I find myself comng back here constantly. I am out of control.
you are one of us, you just defined most of this website. <3

I'm ashamed to say how I managed to keep that up.
Don't be. The stories I could tell you of what I did to my loved ones in order to just get high...

if anything, we can relate more than anyone to this stuff

stealing meds from your dog is a normal thing here, my own stories on that subject would break your heart

and I hide everything very very well. Thx to all who understand this.
We do, if anyone out there does, we do. That's BL.

I am in a rather melancholy mood myself, but, if anyone can relate to you its us, that's what I'm trying to say