Open Discussion New Name

Honestly, the name change for $25 is if you are really tied to your join date and post history. If you really want a different name and don't care about those things, we also allow people to abandon their current account and start a new one. The only time that becomes an issue is if they were a problem child with a bad history they were trying to dodge - we'd know it and they'd have the short leash they earned over time rather than a fresh start. But members in general good standing such as yourself, can make your choice = a) drop this acct and start anew with whatever name you desire free as the breeze, b ) pay the $25 to have the name on this account changed. Please note, as Pluggle has pointed out, she's paid awhile ago and we've not resolved it - not the smoothest of operations as MAPS receives the money on our behalf and provides a matching confirmation to what the member would send as proof of payment, and this is not a well oiled machine in this regard.

Hey, I made an account years ago called Hal Incandenza, but am locked out because I forgot my password and don't have the original email address I signed it up with. Any chance I can be Hal Incandenza instead of Hal 1ncandenza? Not a big deal but I'd prefer it...