• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

New Morris Reagent

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
This one’s exciting, the new Morris reagent supposedly only turns a bright purple in the presence of Ketamine. No other drug does so, including closely related dissociatives. This is the answer to bypassing all the bullshit analogs.

It also reliably identifies cocaine with a neon blue color.

Here soon I’ll be giving it a go and will report on my findings.

-GC

Alright I told ya’ll I’d try it out, so here’s my results. (Bunk Police, Dancesafe send me free reagents for the adverts lol.)

I received a new batch of Ketamine, initial reports from trusted individuals says it’s good K. Has that typical “needlepoint” crystal structure.

The dust after weighing was used to test since it was already powder. The first drop went blue fairly quick but once drop “B” went on I could already see some purple forming.

As I stirred the purple grew and covered the whole puddle.

As I know it K is the only drug to go purple. That said my purple was slightly different than the pictures. Mine was much like a lavender, there’s seemed darker. But this could be down to this batch likely being S-isomer. I also used a very minimal amount. Purple is purple.

Next is the cocaine. All I had was purified freebase. Powdered best I could and reacted same as above.

The blue upon contact with the coke was slightly different than the initial blue from the first drop. Overall it was a positive reaction but felt the difference in shade from the initial blue to the final blue was too close to be worthy of use as a stand alone reagent.

My reaction to this new reagent. I like it. A little more labor intensive, gotta now carry toothpicks too but up until now the best we had was the Mandelin. I’d say at the moment K is becoming a much safer drug to use.

Now to test this reagent on as many different substances as possible to ensure nothing else goes purple.

-GC

Yeah I've been using the A+B Morris reagent as well.

The only issue is that since it use is quite new, it is still unknown what else turns purple, so that's a pretty significant limitation.

Yeah I've been using the A+B Morris reagent as well.

The only issue is that since it use is quite new, it is still unknown what else turns purple, so that's a pretty significant limitation.

For Ket or Cocaine mainly?

I’m gonna be testing quite a few batches of K coming soon so will get to see what’s out there.

-GC

For ketamine.

Another issue is that almost all ketamine has that nasty unreacted precursor in it, its just a question of how much (or how little). I'm sure a 50:1 ratio of ketamine to ketamine synthesis precursor A is fine, but higher concentrations of the precursor seems to cause unpleasant side-effects.

For ketamine.

Another issue is that almost all ketamine has that nasty unreacted precursor in it, its just a question of how much (or how little). I'm sure a 50:1 ratio of ketamine to ketamine synthesis precursor A is fine, but higher concentrations of the precursor seems to cause unpleasant side-effects.

Have you been noticing batches with a nastier side effect profile? I’ve had only maybe 2 or so over my whole life. I remember headaches, and general sense of unease/crappiness as the main effect wore off with those batches.

Lately everything around here though seems to be top notch. I’m incredibly grateful.

Now if I can just find some high quality MD in a few weeks life will be good :)

-GC