• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids New Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 3.0

Nothing about how long liqiud methadone can be preserved without loosing potency?

Ignio, I don't have a definitive answer, but I have heard that keeping methadone syrup in a sealed container/bottle in a refrigerator will extend its shelf-life so to speak. Logically I think that this reasoning is fairly sound, so that's what I'd do personally. I'd wager that it would 'keep' this way for a considerable period of time...
(Obviously, one would need to ensure that it's properly sealed/labeled/stored in the fridge to minimise the risk of consumption by unsuspecting persons, if applicable). :)

I'm not sure if it's different in the States but in the UK the methadone linctus contains alcohol as a preservative. However on the large bottles that are supplied to pharmacists it says to discard after 3 months once the seal is broken on the bottle. If it has been dispensed into small bottles for clients to take home them obviously the seal on the large bottle has been broken and the solution exposed to the air.

Basically you have 3 months from the date that the medicine was dispensed.

In the US the type of methadone you get from a clinic can vary depending on state, or just clinic. Out in NY I've been to clinics that gave out the 40mg biscuits, and the red syrup which was usually 10mg/ML. In ohio I got methadone that was basically just methadone in an alcoholic solution. In california it seemed to be usually the syrup again, but there they would dilute it with water.

Okay, the reason I ask is that I have been offered to buy flasks containing liquid Methadone. One that contains 1000 mg and one that contains 500 mg. The price is fairly low, and as I said, it says on the bottle that it is conserved with 0,11% Caliumsorbat.

But there is no reason buying this much if it just turns to really expensive liquid after a couple of weeks

It should hold you for approx. 24 hours until your next dose, at the right mg ofcoarse. I started on 30mg and it didn't help me until I got to 70mg, but be careful increasing your dose because always remember what cgoes up MUST come down sooner or later. And methadone WD are a complete bitch!!

Okay, the reason I ask is that I have been offered to buy flasks containing liquid Methadone. One that contains 1000 mg and one that contains 500 mg. The price is fairly low, and as I said, it says on the bottle that it is conserved with 0,11% Caliumsorbat.

But there is no reason buying this much if it just turns to really expensive liquid after a couple of weeks

Caliumsorbat = potassium sorbate

What else is in it?

Methadone keeps for a long time. I've had liquid methadone that I'd had for months that was not even stored properly and it was fine potency-wise.

I just started on mmt about a month ago and I'm at 70mg. I've read all the mega threads I could find and was kinda hoping this new version was going to be as active as the older ones.
Anyone else here still on the juice?

I was also wondering if any female BL'ers on mmt have problems with sexual climax?

Hi i am new here..and i am in NEED OF ADVICE, please!!
Background: i have used opiates for about 20 yrs-im ashamed of that timeframe.
But anyhow I started with vicodin, percs, norco, advanced to old oxys, H-smoked & iv'd, also went on a speedball binge for a cpl yrs, iv demerol, iv morphine, dilaudid iv/pills, roxys, and for the last 4.5 yrs i was on roxy blues 4x day & started at 80 mg methadone scripted by my pm doc.
I have severe migraines to which i have used to the hilt to get lots of great meds..only problem is that in the last year or so, as you know, the damn FDA & DEA have scared the crap out of my pm doc & 95% of other docs to severely drop patient dosages of opiates or even just cut them off!! Soulless creeps!!!
I would lauch into some great curse words for them all, but im new here, so i'll try to maintain. But of course u all know what i mean.
So LONG STORY LONGER...I AM HERE SUFFERING & NEED INPUT PLEASE!!!
Last thurs, 5/19/2016, i got my methadone dose down to 20mg/day & last took it late morning..
Then bc everyone knows done w/d's are EVIL, i smartly thought i'd take a short acting opiate for 5 days then switch to the 5 Subutex 8mg pills & 2 suboxone strips (8mg) I got to ride out the remainder w/d's & jump after that so i'd avoid most of the rest of the w/d's w/o getting used to the subs.
So here i am almost a whole 7 days later since my last methadone dose & i feel horrible!!
But it wasnt supposed to go this way...bc when i stopped the done, i took 9 8mg dilaudid pills a day for 5 days, waited in hell for about 27 hrs till i was a score of 28 on the COWS scale then started taking the subutex...i broke up 2 pills into 2mg pieces bc i wanted to take the lowest dose possible. So far ive taken about 14mgs & im still hurting bad. :(
Im also taking kolonpin-ive taken it for cpl yrs & Xanax-I've been on 4mg/day of that for 10 years...both are barely making me feel sleepy...oh & I'm taking 600mg ibuprofen-I've taken four. Those are from my elderly mom..boy i feel great all around!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT. Do i need to take some more Subutex? Maybe i need an induction of 16mgs or more?
I only have limited resources for the subs, so i want to be able to conserve. It sounds silly, but i haven't thought about my amount of drug use in a long time, and typing it here makes me feel pretty lousy. I've wasted alot of time high & chasing my high..
Oh boy here comes the depression too!!
*SIGH*

You need 32mg to touch that
After a few weeks you can taper to 12-24mg no problem

Right? I'm surprised that Kratom touches pain at all for someone on Methadone! I am saving my stash of Bali Kratom for when I'm ready to start coming off methadone. I know the last 5mg are some of the hardest for mmt so I figured a pound of kratom should help that!

Can methadone be taken together with morphine? I take 30 mg Morphine every 12 hrs (now 6 hrs) for pain. I need a longer acting pain med.

Please don't double post your question
Yes you can combine them, but you need to lower your dosage as both are opioids and synergise, increasing the risk of respiratory depression

It really doesn't matter if it's 5mg or 40mg...Your body is going to go through the process regardless. I kicked off 100mg a day, I used xanax and lots of weed. It took me a month to recover from it totally. Your mental state is going to determine if you will succeed in kicks' or not. Sleep aids and some mild pain meds will be needed. B-12 is a must as well. Viamins are important as well. Hit me up if you wanna talk further.

Hi i see quite a few examples of good advise, but one is especially nice, because it works with only some side effects at the start so i am talking lyrica here better known as pregabalin or else gabapentin, which works about the same with the difference that pregabalin is like 3-4 times more potent depending whom you ask.

I also noticed some nonsense while reading this thread being that a withdrawal can be dealt with in the fashion like mind over matter so obviously i understand that motivation is needed, but mind over matter well i dont know about you buddy only i am unable to 'think' a withdrawal away, however i agree with you that a positive feeling for the future would be important, but when you feel to be in the depths of hellish depression something methadone will give you if stopped suddenly and in a lower extent when it gets tapered then mindwise you feel weak as a pudding.
People should not taper until 5mg and then jump off it still too much talking methadone jumping off at half a milligram that looks more like it, but switching to bupe looks to me like a proper decision once low enough with methadone and low enough means 30-50 mg then depending on the person 8-16 mg are fine as with bupe more is not better and having known people who wanted those 32mg's being the ceiling for bupe they reduced within days to less bupe for me this is no option yet being chained to the 100mg of the lead ball of methadone attached to my ankle who is there for almost 30 years already so i fear that in time i pick up my 'done using a walking stick when i am like 70 years now i am 51 being healthy though its just that i like a buzz more often then not and like people here mentioned only very high doses of methadone give me this so called buzz for it feels more like being sedated without euphoria.

Losing the heroin was a joke compared to losing methadone and i tried believe me, but not so much the extent no simply the very long time one feels shitty happens after methadone dependency is fact that kills my withdrawal intentions and one symptom never seems to vanish being insomnia and having a major benzo tolerance dont help here either, but lyrica did help sadly not enough to cover for 100mg, but certainly enough in the max recommended dose of 600 mg, or less, when dealing with the final wd's left after stopping whatever opiate and to my amazement this stuff also helped benzo withdrawals so the key to success with lyrica is to find your comfortable dose being less then the max recommended so that you have some room left for more if required.

Here in Europe lyrica is also registered to use against anxiety for this reason it helps briefly like 1-3 months the same can be said about the time lyrica helps withdrawals, but one thing this stuff can trigger a good feeling, which i felt exactly once no matter how much i would take lateron like a few grams so swiftly i went back to the 600mg and to make things even sweeter, not really ofcourse, i also have a pregabalin dependency now to my luck i never really needed it it was curiosity well the shrink i used to have wrote for 900 mg i take a few years now, however not the full 900mg no the 600mg it seems to have anti depressant qualities too and if i am not mistaking the UK is close to restricting pregabalin more since a lot of abuse occurred of people trying to chase that buzz.
Well so far my two cents oh yes did i mention gabapentin ah i did above here so best of luck all of you.
Regards, Freek

0.5mg Methadone is extreme, though agree with most of what you said

You certainly cannot "think" wd away, even if mindset helps

Switching to bupe at Lowe dose methadone makes sense, however it is still a potent drug, despite being partial agonist; it may as well be full agonist at lower doses(w/ low tolerance) yet you could go down to less than 1mg per day(or every other day sublingual possibly) and "jump".

Then again argument could be made for low dose full agonist opioid that wears off faster.

2.5mg could be a jumping point,(1.25 possibly, though by that point you are prolonging it) though if had convient options would probably switch(you could even keep low/very low dose of md first couple of days, before cutting it out if you went to something like, idk a good example maybe mscontin low dose or something?

Methadone sucks to come off of, though never quite was able to get down to 2.5mg range before making the transition, just didn't have time and limited resources

Please don't double post your question
Yes you can combine them, but you need to lower your dosage as both are opioids and synergise, increasing the risk of respiratory depression

Yeah no one is going to give you methadone and over 100mg of morphine per day off the bat.

Morphine would be more like for breakthrough

Good news is 30-40mg would be starting dose, along with limited morphine for breakthrough(just giving examples here)

And to the person taking ibuprofen and Clonazepam and Xanax, 400mg Ibuprofen is the max dose, multiple studies have demonstrated an analgesic ceiling, and it is a mild benzodiazepine/gaba antagonist.

Would minimize Ibuprofen in those medications and not take more than 400mg at a time, when NECESSARY.

And you don't have to have 32ng as suggested, titrate up(assuming it is sublingual) and let it build up/ reach steady state.

It is process, man

(Double posting triple answers Kliener, it is tough work!)

Yeah no one is going to give you methadone and over 100mg of morphine per day off the bat.ork!)

Sorry, just out of interest, who are yo you replying too? I was trying to follow who you were responding to, but there are only a couple of posts less than a year old before yours... and kleinerkiffer's post that you quoted is from 2016???

The post above mine, pretty much

Didn't realize how old the post about morphine thing was