• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Member - Tips/Advice on how to make Adderall XR more effective?

ijku1994

Greenlighter
Hello all,

To start off, I have been taking Adderall XR daily for about 4 months (prescribed). I take 10mg XR when I wake up around 7:30am, usually on an empty stomach and it would last until noon or so. Then my second dose is a 20mg XR that I take after my morning dose has worn off and it would last me until 3 or 4pm. I have noticed that most of the time it is inconsistent on the way it effects me. Below are the supplements/vitamins I take daily; does anyone know what enhances Adderall XR other than Tums/Baking soda?

I wish I could just go back in time and feel the same effects that when I first took my Adderall. Normally, I take weekends off and I still don't notice a difference. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Vitmains/Supplements:

Night:
Melationin
Multi-Vitmain
Mangnesium Cilrate
L-Thoyrisne
Vitamin C
Zoloft (25mg)

Morning:
Tums/Baking soda some days - not really working
B Vitamin
D3 Vitamin

Thank you for reading my post, can't wait to hear back!

:)

I am a bit confused i thought the peak levels of xr occur at roughly +8 hours.

For me paroxetine enhances the effect of amphetamine by nearly a factor of two. Paroxetine is an ssri antidepressant and a potent inhibitor of the liver enzyme cyp2d6. The only problem with this combo is my eyesight gets extremely blurry so i can’t use it, i think this is due to an increased amount of serotonin.

It’s not likely you’ll be able to get this drug unless you have depression but that’s what i found works best. Be careful using liver enzyme inhibitors and antidepressants as they are very dangerous when taken with certain drugs.

You shouldn't be taking vitamin C with Adderall, it affects the way your stomach absorbs it.
Remove that and check to see if your multi-vitamin also has Vitamin C. If it does find something else.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice. Other juices like orange juice won't have a major affect on how your Adderall works unless you're drinking huge quantities.
Your other supplements are fine and I've had doctors recommend them to me in addition to my Adderall.
You seem to be big on vitamins, there's a lot of good info on what vitamins go well with ADHD meds.

That’s correct. But I feel when I take my Adderall XR, it only last half that time. I have super high metabolism. I’m also prescribed Zoloft for my depression and I take it a night.

Mmp85,

Thank you for the reply. I take the vitamin C normally at night thinking since it would flush Adderall out of my body before my morning dose, in order to make it work better. Would that still interfere?

Let me know if you have any other tips or advice. I appreciate it!

I take Zoloft (sertaline) for my depression, but I take it at night. Would it amplify the effects if I take it with my morning dose of Adderall?

Thank you for the reply!

Google tells me zoloft is a weak cyp2d6 inhibitor, so it probably won’t do much. Also please don’t try to switch antidepressants if zoloft is working well for you, don’t risk your treatment just to get slightly more effect from amphetamine.

And yeah vitamin C speeds up the elimination of amphetamine, so maybe time it so you take the vitamin C later in the day.

I've always been told to just avoid vitamin C supplements altogether on Adderall. So I don't know if time of day changes anything I just know I've always seen it in the side effects/interactions list and it was specifically left out when I was seeing a doctor who suggested a lot vitamins to take with my meds.
I take Adderall IR so I may not be of much help but I do take antideppressants as well and don't feel like they affect my Adderall and like you I take them at night.
I never cared for XR because I didn't feel like I could control my dose the way I can with IR.

I never take antideppressants in the morning because they make me sleepy to answer your question about taking Zoloft with the Adderall.

Thanks for the information!

If anyone has any advice or tips on improving adderall effects please post or send me a message. I appreciate it.

I know coffee seems to help increase the effects esp focus and alertness.

Becareful, id start low if you do. Ive stupidly taken too much caffeine and its not pleasant at all.