• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New marijuana trend sends smokers to burn units

red_eyed_wonda

Bluelighter
http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/articles/2015/1/2/thc-burn-victims.html

[from the conclusion]

"His marijuana-related burn patients have also given him another idea. Burn victims typically receive a powerful cocktail of narcotics to help cope with the pain and the side effects can be severe. But if Marinol can help relieve pain and cut down on the amount of narcotics needed for a patient in marijuana withdrawal, perhaps it could do the same for a typical burn patient too.

“If we give them a low dose of Marinol, would their narcotic requirements go down?” he said. “So we may be able to study it, as a pain medication.”

-------------------------------

some of the usual BHO fear mongering in it, but the part on withdrawal is interesting, as people that dab's tolerance goes through the roof (BTDT), its a long article but worth the read, AJA gives good journalism, IMO

yeah man, they want to be complaining about dabing. i think we should show some caution because irresponsible use will definitely hurt marijuana legalization. look at alcohol as an example. drinking a glass of wine several times each week is beneficial but drinking a flask of everclear each night wrecks your liver, your stomach, your throat and causes fatal withdrawals. pure ethanol is poison imo. i have tried everclear in the past and ever since the only pure ethanol I have is for cleaning and dissolving adhesive residue, it stays in the workshop with the drain cleaner and paint thinner. if people only drank straight everclear i wonder is alcohol would be legal. i will concede people abusing dabs appear to fare much better in regards to physical health than chronic alcoholics. smoking marijuana is safer than most drugs but many of the negative side effects increase with dose. its probably irresponsible to regularly take bong rips of dabs/shatter.

How long have people been using that dab stuff there? It hasn't taken off here at all that I know about, I've never seen or heard of anyone with it, I guess there may be some people doing it, but I am surprised I havent heard of any friends or friends of friends doing it, I guess I live a pretty sheltered life though these days lol.

Dabbing isn't dangerous if you're not a moron.
Same with making BHO, do it outside away from flames and heat sources.
You're using several canisters of butane if you're using quite a bit of plant material so if some dumb fuck decided to smoke a cigarette while doing it then he deserves the burns he got.
A little common sense can seriously go A LONG way

"home THC extraction labs"

I am of the opinion oil should be made in a factory not a residence.

Yea I kinda agree w that...or at leastade somewhere safe with proper ventilation and fire suppression if need be, its nowhere near as dangerous as a method lab, but in both cases when ppl are making it at home from a "recipe" they found online, they are probably high on the product which can cause accidents. I can just see some kid who's stoned as all hell having a tray of extracted oil in butane and lighting a CIG in the enclosed garage being used lol. I remember one story where a guy literally blew up his entire garage making oil. He got away with some minor burns but it blew off the roof and shit...so there is the def possibility of starting some shit that will bring the fire brigade.

And I bet marinol would have some very minor painkilling effect and itight even synergize with the opiates thus requiring a lower dose...but marinol is certainly no morphine. I could also see marinol relaxing a person enough that they could get comfortable. I've had marinol a few times and I gotta say it pretty much sucks...in no way is it even close to proper buds in effect. Its spacy and weak. Kinda like eating a weed brownie made with a bunch of shit weed.

The new stuff they have developed In the UK, sativex, sounds like it might be decent, but nothing can compete with the real deal.

Last edited:
Doesn't marinol have nausea as a side effect, because it's just THC and doesn't have the other cannys to "even it out" like weed or dabs would

I was making oil out of Mexican brick 10-12 years ago. I always did BHO outside by my self. Not because it was a secret I just didn't want some dumb ass to light a joint with in 30 feet of my process. It is reletivly safe to make as long as you have a brain. If you are prone to accidents, leave it to someone with a brain.

yeah man, they want to be complaining about dabing. i think we should show some caution because irresponsible use will definitely hurt marijuana legalization. look at alcohol as an example. drinking a glass of wine several times each week is beneficial but drinking a flask of everclear each night wrecks your liver, your stomach, your throat and causes fatal withdrawals. pure ethanol is poison imo. i have tried everclear in the past and ever since the only pure ethanol I have is for cleaning and dissolving adhesive residue, it stays in the workshop with the drain cleaner and paint thinner. if people only drank straight everclear i wonder is alcohol would be legal. i will concede people abusing dabs appear to fare much better in regards to physical health than chronic alcoholics. smoking marijuana is safer than most drugs but many of the negative side effects increase with dose. its probably irresponsible to regularly take bong rips of dabs/shatter.
What's wrong with you? You just don't down everclear it's nearly pure ethanol. Your arguement is ridiculous. You equate the amount you drink with the percentage of ethanol content. Just because you drink a flask of vodka DOES NOT mean you should drink a flask of everclear. Also people rarely drink it straight because of its strength and If you think about it, consuming a small amount of everclear is actually better for your throat and such because you consume much less ethanol per sitting, especially if you highly dilute it.