• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New Marijuana Dispensarys opening in my state

jeng1128

Bluelighter
So, I live in Ct the east coast and we have NO marijuana dispensarys in our state. They just approved 5 in my state(one in my town!) They said they'll be open for business by early summer. I would love to be able to get my medical marijuana card, but I'm not sure how I would do that. When I read all your guys posts about what strain is the best,edibles -all these things that I just don't have access to because we have no dispensarys. Although I my dealer had these rice krispy treats with chocolate on top that were from a dispensary. I ate the whole thing & I was so stoned, but didn't smoke & it was intense. Loved it but like I said they are very few & far between. I have NO clue what strain of weed Im smoking, I just know it's damn good bud. I wonder if it would be hard to get a card, I'm sure it will be because they just put these dispensarys in. But it's definitely steps in the right direction! ♥♡

Its not very hard to get one really I mean I know perfectly healthy 20 year olds who have walked in and said I have lots of stress and my back is sore now GIMME SOME DOPE! Lol well not exactly said like that but they got their card and now can buy what they please in any marijuana dispensary.

As of right now RI only had maybe 6 or 7 approved medical uses, I'm assuming CT will probably be similar. You won't be able to go to your doc and complain of a headache and get your card. Do just a tiny bit of googling and you should be able to see if you qualify for a card or not. As far as never knowing what strain you have, it really doesn't matter much. If you're just smoking to get stoned and you're getting stoned, sounds like you don't really NEED to know what strain or any other weed nuances.

It is not the same in CT as other states you need a documented medical issue that qualifies.

A woman I work with literally had her uterus fall out of her during child birth and then major reconstructive surgerys. Those didn't qualify but her well documented nerve pain did, go figure

The process in Oregon.
go to your Doctor and ask about pot for a qualifying condition. I have chronic pain due to way to many broken bones, get a signed recommendation from a doctor then register with the state and shabam. I have known a few people who just complain of migraine pain for a few months and just scam the system.

As of right now RI only had maybe 6 or 7 approved medical uses, I'm assuming CT will probably be similar. You won't be able to go to your doc and complain of a headache and get your card. Do just a tiny bit of googling and you should be able to see if you qualify for a card or not. As far as never knowing what strain you have, it really doesn't matter much. If you're just smoking to get stoned and you're getting stoned, sounds like you don't really NEED to know what strain or any other weed nuances.

I'm gonna disagree a little on it not mattering what strains you are getting if you get high.

Like, for me, I've smoked a number of strains and I know some give me anxiety and some give me much less and I want to find those strains that give me less.

I'm gonna disagree a little on it not mattering what strains you are getting if you get high.

Like, for me, I've smoked a number of strains and I know some give me anxiety and some give me much less and I want to find those strains that give me less.

completely agree with this statement Mycophile, I only smoke indica strains as sativas create a much worse problem. I also look for strains with the hoghest cbd content as it helps waaaay more with my pain levels

completely agree with this statement Mycophile, I only smoke indica strains as sativas create a much worse problem. I also look for strains with the hoghest cbd content as it helps waaaay more with my pain levels
Guys I agree on the differences in strains for different people and different uses. What I was trying to say is that the op didn't mention any pain/ anxiety or other issues, just seemed to want to know what the names of her marijuanas were whilst getting "so stoned". In THAT type of case, I'll stand by my original statement.

Yes I didn't specify that I have a medical condition but I actually do. I have horrible anxiety, always have,I shake constantly because I get so nervous sometimes. I used to be HUGE on the benzos, I'm talking 10 bars a day, 20mgs & I am being COMPLETELY honest. I didn't smoke for 8 years(stopped @ 19 because of a hell high) but last spring I had taken 15 bars & was at my friends house whose bf sells weed. Obviously the Xanax gave me the courage but I smoked, and got super stoned, and loved it. It's helped me in A LOT of ways because my fiance HATED when I took a lot of xanax. When I started smoking again I haven't taken Xanax in like 7 months. I do get rxed 3mgs of Klonopin a day but I stick with that & don't do the sneaky lying shit I used to do with my fiance(was my bf @ the time. ) Which is why he's my fiance now & not bf. I wonder if as anxiety would work. They rx weed for that right? I'm just going to have to Google how hard is it to get a Medical Marijuana Card in my state. I would really like to know the strains because I've had such different weed(others I liked more) but never knew the name. One time I did get lucky & got a chocolate covered rice krispy treat from a dispensary twice & I loved it. It sneaks up on you & you get so stoned(but I think I was only supposed to eat half but I ate the whole thing lol.

It stands to reason that nobody here can tell you how to get a MMJ card (which is in breach of the BLUA anyway, btw) since they are prescribed at a doctor's discretion. Since MMJ is a fairly new thing, doctors with no prior knowledge of it are likely to avoid prescribing it if they know of pharmaceutical alternatives, especially in regards to psychological ailments. This thread stays open in the hope that there is helpful discussion about circumstances under which MMJ is prescribed, but may be closed if discussion specifically about how to acquire an MMJ card persists.

I'm in TX so theres no hope of me ever driving down the road to a dispensary. you lucky duck

I think my ankle might qualify. I've had surgerys,(an 18 Wheeler sideswiped me in Nov) a shattered ankle(all 3 bones) and I have 2plates,18screws &a pin. I'm actually going to the Dr today because I'm in so much pain I can't sleep. And since I'm a former heroin addict I'd like to avoid opiates at all costs. I wonder if I can ask my surgeon or PCP, they have my records.

I know i havent been on here in a while but I've been going through a hard time with things. Mmj Prop 215 got here on 6/1. It helps with EVERYTHING.?

It all depends on the state. In CA you basically pay a "quack tax" for some bs doctor to give you a script. In WA (pre-legalization) it was the same. I know some states have certain medical criteria that must be met before it is legal to prescribe.

Thanks?Done. Took me long enough to figure it out! But im stoned blueberry-sour deisel