• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Lyrica side effects?!

captainbeaky

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I enjoy Lyrica to chill out, I have been taking it on & off for a couple of years. Never had more than 300mg. I have also never ever had any negative side effects until now. I had MDMA over the holidays (only once) and didn't take Lyrica for about 3-4 days. Then when I did have Lyrica again, I am getting really nasty burning/tingling sensations in my face, mouth and throat. These side effects are significantly worse the day after taking it.

Any ideas what has happened?

Serotonin depletion is the infamous MDMA come down... maybe that's the cause of you feeling like that when you took lyrica afterwards... Hard to tell because I had similar side effects from lyrica while sober

No swelling, although my feet were feeling a tiny bit of the burning too. I know burning is a common Lyrica side effect

It's been 10 days since I had MDMA. It has obviously done something to make me less tolerant to Lyrica, I just wish I knew what.

That I could not say, but glad that there wasnt swelling as I was concerned it was angioedema but now seems unlikely.

It almost seems like an allergic reaction, but not possible given how long I have taken Lyrica.

I am a rare MDMA user, like once every few years. After 10 days could something still not be back to normal?

Maybe it's a temperature thing? My cheeks don't actually feel hot & aren't red at all.