• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New Here-Xanax / Heroin = Deadly Combo

Darling Danielle

Greenlighter
Hi! New here. Mom of a recently deceased daughter. She was addicted to Xanax. I’ve heard she would take 5-6 at a time. Her current prescription was 2mg. Her death was ruled accidental, but combined w heroin. I don’t think she had any history of heroin use according to any of her friends. Even in March, just the benzos in her system.

Question: Can heroin ever be in fake Xanax bought on the streets?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Darling Danielle.

I'm going to move this over to Basic Drug Discussion, where your question will be answered quicker.

I hope you find what you're looking for, and am sorry about your daughter.

Welcome to Bluelight!

NMI --> BDD

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I’ve been very close myself unfortunately as substances can really take a hold of a person.

There has been news reports of some Xanax pressed on the street to be “cut” or “tainted” with heroin or fentanyl, however in my opinion this was most likely not the case. It’s something most dealers would not do because it costs more and a lot more people would die, drawing them unwanted attention.

Most likely she had taken the heroin separately and it was probably one of her first times.

I’m sorry about your loss again, I pray you can find peace of mind through it all.

Thank you. I think I am in denial that she may have known in some ways what she was doing, it’s just that no one in her circle would believe she would try H. Xans were her thing, and apparently she would take 100mg at a time to achieve her high, and the day before she passed away, she started the pills before 3pm. Coke was new to her, so then I thought maybe she asked for coke, and got H instead. Again, that could be my denial.

Six weeks earlier she was off everything including marijuana, besides her prescribed Xanax.

She was very knowledgeable about drugs. She studied and journaled everything. She wanted to be a pharmacy tech. She would have known H and Xanax would depress her breathing.

Oddly, she bought something and was messed up between 12AM-2AM, but didn’t actually pass away until 10:26AM. She was 5’1” and maybe 115lbs. H must have been new to her, so wouldn’t that have hit her faster?
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I’ve been very close myself unfortunately as substances can really take a hold of a person.

There has been news reports of some Xanax pressed on the street to be “cut” or “tainted” with heroin or fentanyl, however in my opinion this was most likely not the case. It’s something most dealers would not do because it costs more and a lot more people would die, drawing them unwanted attention.

Most likely she had taken the heroin separately and it was probably one of her first times.

I’m sorry about your loss again, I pray you can find peace of mind through it all.

Cut with heroin?
That would make the pill even more costly there are plenty of super potent benzos out there to cut benzo, maybe fentanyl if they are very very professional..
Go get a script.
Here we don't have such issue, never had and will mostly never be the case, it would be far to expensive.
Here in Belgium you find almost everything cheap..

Is it that hard to get a script for benzo in your countries?

If they are making fake Vikes out of fentanyl and Upjohn 44770 and RC benzodiazepines, I am sure the opposite could happen too . . . why there is not more real smack on the street in the US with new Mexican and Colombian fields being planted and near-record Afghan opium harvests and other Golden Triangle and Golden Crescent sources coming back online is a real question people should not ignore.

They are really proud of themselves for getting the real vikes and zannie of the street, aren't they now? Consider this is a government which is known to have considered at least twice in the last 50 years using first etorphine and other new bridged oripavine derivatives (Nixon administration) and then potassium cyanide (Reagan-Bush XLI years) to kill off all the "junkies" meaning unsupervised opioid and C-Jam users, which now mean also patients cut off because of doctors being threatened and under and unserved people self-medicating everything from nerve damage to war injuries to PTSD to intractable depression, fulminating cancer and more. The same people who put enough poison booze on the streets during Prohibition to kill 10 000 of their own citizens.

Last edited:
Cut with heroin?
That would make the pill even more costly there are plenty of super potent benzos out there to cut benzo, maybe fentanyl if they are very very professional..
Go get a script.
Here we don't have such issue, never had and will mostly never be the case, it would be far to expensive.
Here in Belgium you find almost everything cheap..

Is it that hard to get a script for benzo in your countries?
She had a script for Xanax, and had it two days before she passed away. I was thinking maybe a cut Xanax could have been how she invested H, but probably not now that everyone has mentioned the cost. That wouldn’t make sense.

Maybe she asked for coke, and got H. Maybe she was so messed up off the Xanax, that she took whatever was available.

I am sorry for your loss. We see it too often here. There is a chance she could have experimented with heroin. The different scenarios could be anything. Unfortunately this can only be speculation on this thread. People take Xanax and Heroin together for synergistic effects that are playing with death. I am sorry we cannot say any more about it. It wouldn't help at this point.

Yes taking Xanax and Heroin together can be very dangerous especially in high doses. They CAN be taken together but in low doses.

This is such an awful situation and I certainly am sorry for your loss.

What exactly made them claim it was heroin? Was it a morphine metabolite autopsy finding along with acetylcodeine and noscapine in the system? The combination of the three indicates that it indeed was heroin, in this case probably processed by an NGO such as the Mexican or Colombian cartels or the Taliban or someone else, and not pharmaceutical narcotics like Sevredol, MS-Contin, Percodan, Tylenol With Codeine Nº 4 or other paracetamol with codeine, Synalgos DC, and the like, and also not diamorphine, which is pharmaceutical heroin, which is used in several countries because it is 1.8 to 2.7 times stronger than morphine and extremely water-soluble so they can give it in very small shots. Morphine metabolites and noscapine without acetylcodeine points to a form of whole opium, which could be anything from poppy seed tea to the Big O itself.

If she was supplementing a prescription with putative Xanax sourced on the street, which is the kind of thing that legitimate pain patients with legitimate narcotic prescriptions including the late Prince and many others have been forced into doing because of the malfeasance of the government threatening doctors into cutting back or cutting off patients because of the propaganda concerning the fake opioid cri$i$ to line the pockets of rehab owners and go on whatever Satanic power trip makes them think that tormenting people in pain is something they should do, then the reverse could have happened as well. Since benzodiazepines help the same things which can be making pain much worse, narcotics and benzodiazepines overlap clinically, and therefore politically in this case. The Bolshevik government arseholes, to cite just one thing, use the same prescription monitoring databases (also a windfall for the people who demanded them most -- stockholders of companies involved -- why the hell is that not insider trading?) to terrorise doctors about benzodiazepine prescriptions, and it has actually been the benzodiazepines that I first and most frequently heard about pharmacists using the databases to plan their strategy to extort political and more fun favours from doctors and nurses, demand bribes from patients, and work with pharmacy examiners and US attorney's office personnel to collect fees for ratting out people and blackmailing potential candidates for office and journalists.

The usual ingredients of counterfeit pills, or the ones that make the news because they kill people or nonplus folks at crime labs and hospitals, have tended to be fentanyl, other similar narcotics closely related to it, other synthetic opioids which are available for scientific research but have not been made into pharmaceuticals because they have unfavourable properties for that purpose, and other chemicals which are not even opioids -- they could be benzodiazepines, barbiturates or other active drugs not currently used as pharmaceuticals, stimulants, antihistamines, muscle relaxants, veterinary drugs, quinine, Similac, Ex-Lax, mannitol, lactose, confectioner's sugar, ivermectin, jock itch powder, ground up Imodium, vitamin pills, Sudafed, Midol, and other such things, "bath salts" (MPDV and the like) and everything else under the sun . . . of course it is not the best customer service for the people behind this, so there is more to it as I pointed to elsewhere . . .

Since this was a case of alprazolam and heroin being mixed, and there are the issues with mixing the two categories which are known to the medical profession, and here is why people should not do so without extreme caution and diligence:

Depending on the dose, it is anything from forgetfulness to lethal outcomes. The CDC and European Medicines Agency both issued warnings about these mixtures of drugs, as raising the risk of a number of dangerous things for patients, especially the enhanced risk of accidents like falls, in 2010. There are certainly falls which are anything but trivial, by people of all ages, and they can be fatal, of course.

There are legitimate medical uses for mixing the two categories of drugs, and it can be done, almost exclusively at low doses especially of the benzodiazepine, but great caution is needed, and fortunately there are also alternatives.

One has to keep a close eye on their reactions to any benzodiazepine-narcotic combination, as there are a number of problems which can occur, and are not always obvious to the patient that they may be likely, and the matter of confusion and anterograde amnesia aggravates it. At least during induction and adjustment to the combined regimen, having another person watch and be able to assist the patient is important.

Preventing the possibility that the combination will cause the patient to forget what medications were taken then take more is critically important as this is a common mode of dangerous mixed benzodiazepine overdose. Mixed overdoses are almost invariably what kill people with respect to benzodiazepine related overdoses.

The relative low toxicity and the safety of benzodiazepines when used therapeutically by themselves becomes irrelevant when they are mixed with depressant drugs in particular, with other types of depressants like alcohol, barbiturates, carbamates like carisoprodol, meprobamate, and methocarbamol, and other less common ones like non-barbiturate sedative-hypnotics. Mixing multiple benzodiazepines will have additive effects of course -- the canonical benzodiazepine side effects of memory impairment and some impact on co-ordination and movement will be the ones to manifest most clearly, of course.

Anything which slows down the central nervous system can have this kind of general interaction with a benzodiazepine, so it is important to consider anything, including antihistamines, first-generation anti-depressants, muscle relaxants, anticholinergics and so forth also being used at the same time. This also provides opportunities for changing to a less risky drug combination -- if a patient on narcotics also needs something for sleep at bedtime, an antihistamine like hydroxyzine or diphenhydramine can be considered, and these have known interactions with narcotics -- which are generally as potentiators and do such things as broaden the analgesic effect of the narcotic, so they could be a lot better than the benzodiazepine anyways.

Narcotic-benzodiazepine mixtures have legitimate clinical uses and at low doses are safe. Higher doses particularly exacerbate accident risk, with falls being a particular concern; falls are a problem in older patients ipso facto but this enhanced fall risk affects all ages. The fact that there are many narcotics which can cause nausea and vomiting brings into play the possibility that a person who is passed on and laying on their back who vomits could aspirate vomit.

Narcotics, benzodiazepines, and alcohol mixed are very possibly lethal and there is suppression of breathing, circulatory collapse, or vomit aspiration which are direct causes of fatality whilst accidents contribute greatly to injuries and fatalities from mixed benzodiazepine intoxication.

At moderate doses and some low doses of narcotics plus benzodiazepines, the risk of falls in people of all ages begins to climb. Other accidents around the home or office, and driving and heavy machinery of course remain a potential serious problem . . . the patient may overestimate the degree to which they have acclimated to the effects and acquired partial tolerance to the effect. as is common with narcotics. For example, the drowsiness effect of narcotics is the one to which tolerance is acquired most quickly by most people, and it can be reduced to a level where it is quite manageable within a week, even for patients being started on strong narcotics, and most patients on narcotics are cleared by their doctor to drive an automobile and operate machinery after such adjustment has taken place. This seems to be the case to some extent with all drugs which cause drowsiness, including benzodiazepines.

The concomitant use of narcotics, benzodiazepines (often for a tangentially-related issue like insomnia) and carisoprodol is in fact medically legitimate, used successfully, and has been as long as benzodiazepines have been used as carisoprodol is slightly older. This protocol, does, however, markedly enhance the risk of falls and other potential problems so monitoring by the patients themselves, and by caregivers is important. Narcotic-carisoprodol mixtures also have some added risk of falls, but they are also legitimate and especially have use when a smaller narcotic dose is wished to be used to combat moderately severe or worse pain, hydrocodone and dihydrocodeine being very common agents used with carisoprodol with codeine, nicocodeine, and others of the type as well -- carisoprodol can also make tramadol work for a patient when otherwise it would not be at all effective for pain. Carisoprodol can also be used conservatively with stronger narcotics, and carisoprodol is a prodrug of meprobamate, so the two can be interchanged. The same cautions apply.

These are generally low doses of the carisoprodol and benzodiazepines, one or both of the depressants being prn or ad libitum rather than round the clock and every single day, though this can be different depending on the case. The carisoprodol and/or benzodiazepine is often at bedtime, and low doses of these drugs in combination are used for ambulatory patients, whilst moderate doses are used for homebound, bedridden, or those in assisted-living situations.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss

perhaps she didn't discuss it with you, not everyone is so open about drugs with their parents. a serious matter aside, it is a sight to behold to come home to your parents high off their asses to be told "we found your coke, it's good shit"

she could've accidentally overdosed if she was just fooling around with heroin, as a tolerant user of opiates, i somtimes add a few kpins to my opiate regimen to knock myself out nice and dandily, which are similar to xanax, so i could see how they have the potential for causing accidental death
infact, a normal opiate dose with as little as 2-4mg of kpins worth can have me in a good nod, which i can only assume would probably kill alot of other people taking the same stuff.. thats extremely saddening to hear but i'm sure she didn't mean to pass taking either of the drugs.

Were any other opioids in her system?

Thank you. I think I am in denial that she may have known in some ways what she was doing, it’s just that no one in her circle would believe she would try H. Xans were her thing, and apparently she would take 100mg at a time to achieve her high, and the day before she passed away, she started the pills before 3pm. Coke was new to her, so then I thought maybe she asked for coke, and got H instead. Again, that could be my denial.

Six weeks earlier she was off everything including marijuana, besides her prescribed Xanax.

She was very knowledgeable about drugs. She studied and journaled everything. She wanted to be a pharmacy tech. She would have known H and Xanax would depress her breathing.

Oddly, she bought something and was messed up between 12AM-2AM, but didn’t actually pass away until 10:26AM. She was 5’1” and maybe 115lbs. H must have been new to her, so wouldn’t that have hit her faster?
100mg worth of xanax... thats an absurd amount to be honest, i cant fathom taking 50 bars and enjoying it let alone staying conciouss to ride it out... heroin or cut dope is probably to blame... Heroin varies extraordinarily in strength and potency on the street which is a pretty big problem with this new opioid epidemic sending all the legitamate opiate users to the street or forcefully cutting their meds down, leading them to substitute their legal medications with heroin and the like.

If they are making fake Vikes out of fentanyl and Upjohn 44770 and RC benzodiazepines, I am sure the opposite could happen too . . . why there is not more real smack on the street in the US with new Mexican and Colombian fields being planted and near-record Afghan opium harvests and other Golden Triangle and Golden Crescent sources coming back online is a real question people should not ignore.

They are really proud of themselves for getting the real vikes and zannie of the street, aren't they now? Consider this is a government which is known to have considered at least twice in the last 50 years using first etorphine and other new bridged oripavine derivatives (Nixon administration) and then potassium cyanide (Reagan-Bush XLI years) to kill off all the "junkies" meaning unsupervised opioid and C-Jam users, which now mean also patients cut off because of doctors being threatened and under and unserved people self-medicating everything from nerve damage to war injuries to PTSD to intractable depression, fulminating cancer and more. The same people who put enough poison booze on the streets during Prohibition to kill 10 000 of their own citizens.
or like when the government knowingly selling tainted booze during prohibition, but lets not dwell shall we

I am so sorry for your loss. It is an evil world and these street dealers only care for profit. I lost my best friend to a single "Xanax" bar. Autopsy showed he overdosed on Fentanyl and they tested the remaining bars in his car. They ranged from 0.5MG to 5MG of Fentanyl! Enough to kill a grown man a few times over all because he was trying to fight anxiety. I truly am so sorry and you are in my thoughts.

I knew it was coming . . . I would not recommend buying anything on the street there if it can at all be helped and there is apparently some leakage into Canadian markets too. . . maybe get a few pills, use a set of testing kits and/or folks who can test it in a laboratory to figure out what is up, and reward the honest sellers and gather interested folks in your town and start planning to wreak vengeance on the entire supply chain that did something so fucken evil as selling fentanyl, which is not even a real general-purpose opioid, much less a benzodiazepine (it's a general anaesthetic that hits everything, what heroin fancier wants dangerous crap like that which 85 per cent of people get a feeling like shit from and it lasts only an hour at most, much less the stronger analogues?)

I cannot even begin to imagine what is being passed off as "Mexican Quāāludes" now . . . I wonder if one cartel somewhere is doing this trying to get a competitor blamed for it?

I know I have sort of an old-fashioned view of customer service, but it cannot possibly be useful to croak your customers, can it? Are there retailers, wholesalers, and lab operators that ignorant about pharmacology or so sure their customers are that most of the population cannot tell the difference betwixt a morphine derivative, an elephant anaesthetic, and a pretty commonplace moderately strong 1,4-benzodiazepine?

I am hoping that one of these days that there will be an affordable portable device combining GC/MS, all manner of infrared spectroscopy and other analytical tools and some kind of electronic way of doing a bunch of reagent tests which people can carry with them, perhaps controlled by a smartphone app (you know, you can piss on your phone to test yourself for VD now)

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss

perhaps she didn't discuss it with you, not everyone is so open about drugs with their parents. a serious matter aside, it is a sight to behold to come home to your parents high off their asses to be told "we found your coke, it's good shit"

she could've accidentally overdosed if she was just fooling around with heroin, as a tolerant user of opiates, i somtimes add a few kpins to my opiate regimen to knock myself out nice and dandily, which are similar to xanax, so i could see how they have the potential for causing accidental death
infact, a normal opiate dose with as little as 2-4mg of kpins worth can have me in a good nod, which i can only assume would probably kill alot of other people taking the same stuff.. thats extremely saddening to hear but i'm sure she didn't mean to pass taking either of the drugs.

100mg worth of xanax... thats an absurd amount to be honest, i cant fathom taking 50 bars and enjoying it let alone staying conciouss to ride it out... heroin or cut dope is probably to blame... Heroin varies extraordinarily in strength and potency on the street which is a pretty big problem with this new opioid epidemic sending all the legitamate opiate users to the street or forcefully cutting their meds down, leading them to substitute their legal medications with heroin and the like.
I’m an idiot!! She was prescribed 2mg and one of her user friends said she would take 5-6 at a time for her high. Math has always been a challenge. Sorry.

I didn’t get the toxicology or autopsy reports yet, but cause of death is listed as combined drug toxicity (heroin and alprazolam).

No one she ever used with that I know said she ever tried H. She was Xanax and alcohol for a long time. Just started doing bumps of coke last December.

Maybe she was so messed up on the Xans that she said yes to whatever someone had to sell her.

No, I don’t think she meant for it to happen, but maybe her death saved us years of more worry and sadness and who knows what else if she tried the H and liked it. I hear everyone likes it.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is an evil world and these street dealers only care for profit. I lost my best friend to a single "Xanax" bar. Autopsy showed he overdosed on Fentanyl and they tested the remaining bars in his car. They ranged from 0.5MG to 5MG of Fentanyl! Enough to kill a grown man a few times over all because he was trying to fight anxiety. I truly am so sorry and you are in my thoughts.
Thank you. I’m sorry for yours, too. Fentanyl is so prevalent these days!

Sorry for your loss

I responded about my horrible math skills elsewhere. 10mg-12mg at a time, but she started early that day sending a photo to a friend through Snapchat. If she was using the Xanax all day, I imagine maybe she was ready to try something else between midnight-2AM while in a zombie state.

You gained a guardian angel! I truly believe that she took dirty drugs and it was not intentional. If she was taking 12mg at once her script would be gone in a weekend's time and she most likely was seeking extra on the street. Again, I really am sorry for your loss but I personally do not believe she opted for another drug. The streets kill way too many people and the fakes are usually so accurate it is impossible to tell

I have seen the oral alprazolam LD₅₀ listed as 27 370 mg/kg and "beyond calibration range" which is the usual type of range for the benzodiazepines -- in this case probably one-fortieth of one's body weight or 1.75 to 2 or more kilos for an adult. There are a lot of things they do not mix with: which is why it takes other agents to cause the fatalities, and alcohol is usually the second or third agent; heroin which actually turned out to be real 3,6-diacetylmorphine is certainly bad news too as noted above; fentanils, benzamides and non-opioid depressant research chemicals passed off as smack are even worse . . .

That benzodiazepines themselves are not highly acutely toxic, of course, also does not mean that they do not cause a physical habituation, in fact it is one with a violent and potentially lethal abstinence syndrome, another reason they are controlled I suppose. But of course the same goes for alcohol though . . . Actually, slow reduction cures on the order of decades have been reported too.

Most unsupervised narcotic users are either poly-drug users taking awful chances with things they may not know much about, or people self-medicating issues which the establishment refuses to handle for the aforementioned reasons . . . the vanishingly small number of people who decide to try heroin or the like all by itself not mixed with anything because they think it is cool/peer pressure or whatever, are going to be disappointed as compared to C-Jam, stimulants, pot, solvents, alcohol and the like, even the strong narcotics, actually have effects too subtle to be of much interest to them, caeteris paribus -- by which I also mean, if there is not physical pain and/or significant emotional and spiritual distress present when that person tries heroin or whatever -- nothing for the painkiller to kill -- that person is going to get mounting discomfort, nausea, stomach cramps, a headache and not a lot else . . . Narcotics were accepted psychiatric drugs especially for depression until the late 1950s and are being researched for that again . . .they are not a kick like stimulants and weed and alcohol.

The fact that there such a vogue for taking benzodiazepines for euphoria is apparently a cultural, maybe generational thing lost in translation because I have never experienced them as anything but a cure for bursitis and leg and shoulder cramps, and some like nitrazepam as a decent hypnotic for single case occasional use, also something the anaesthesiologist mixes with a couple of other things when it is colonoscopy time . . . I know people who use them to potentiate their pain medications, usually on doctors' orders, but that is about it.

As I don't think people really try drugs because they are cool and for no other reason, Nancy Reagan being a prototype of some of the government and media liars of the XXI. Century, the number of people like the above probably number in the dozens or scores at most in the whole United States.

Last edited: