• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New here, hopefully I can get answers..

Kay.Bee88

Greenlighter
So I've been to this forum before, never posting just looking for answers on random things. Well I signed up now, and I don't have a specific question, just kind of want to vent and get some advice.. ok well here goes..

I've had my own drug problems on and off for the past 4-5 years.. I'm clean now (on methadone.. say what u want about it but it saved my life).. but that's not the point of my post... my boyfriend, we've been together on and off for 6 years, he's always been on the straight and narrow..
Always against drugs (except weed, he smokes pot daily), ; but he's always been against heroin. He had a close friend overdose and die in his room in like 2006.. and his dad died from a heroine overdose when he was 11....

Ok that's the backstory..

About two weeks ago we got into a fight, he found out I got some crack... he went out and got some and did it himself.. fast forward to this past week
.. he gets it and we smoke together.. he wants dope.. he talks me into shooting him up... I felt horrible. I'm gonna burn In hell for this. . Then tonight we did it again.. I could tell he got a mean ass rush and was super high
. HiS eyes were all spaced out.. I've never seen him like that. . And now he's throwing up in the bathroom

I know I'm rambling, I feel so guilty for being the person to shoot him, but if he tried himself it would have been a huge mess... I love him with all my heart and I have a feeling hes also falling in love with this drug too...

Idk what to do because I do not want a drug relationship, and I love him so much I do not want him to ever know the pain and guilt and heartache and everything else that comes with addiction. ...

Don't do it to him anymore, you don't want to be the one responsible for getting him addicted to smack!

-HS

She's already turned him out no matter how she's trying to sugar coat it.

And yes girl it's now on your conscience, if you got one.

I feel like we're missing key plot points here. The guy was vehemently anti heroin, you got into an argument, and in the next line he's suddenly smoking crack and getting H fired into him? I feel like something happened in between that's way more complicated. I don't understand, to be honest.

But yeah, as others have said, this is not a good road. Perhaps you could look into getting some help together? I mean, you've supported each other in a bad way here, there's nothing to say you can't support each other in a good way, assuming you're both willing.

" preferably someone who is the antithesis of you " daaayum, lmao. I think we might be coming down on ol' girl a li'l too hard. She already feels like shit for enabling..

-Hopeless 7nos

Heroin is physically addictive and has no psychological addicting points whatsoever. The earlier you and him can quit, the better. I would suggest using a weaker opiate like oxycontin or percocet to slowly come off of the withdrawals. After that it's all a mental thing, which is a lot easier to control with drugs that have no mental addiction that comes with them. Good luck.

Don't feel bad about hitting him for the first time. When someone learns how to bang by themselves; that is when they will most likely end up ODing.

Last edited:
^ "has no psychological addicting points whatsoever." "After that it's all mental." ..Do you see the contradictive nature of this post?

- Hopeless Soul

^ Psychological addiction and the mental state of addiction that somebody has for said substance is completely different. Psychological addiction means that your brain is affected or "rewired" in a sense to be addicted to something. A mental state of addiction means that your mind "thinks" it is addicted to something that you enjoy doing.

I feel like we're missing key plot points here. The guy was vehemently anti heroin, you got into an argument, and in the next line he's suddenly smoking crack and getting H fired into him? I feel like something happened in between that's way more complicated. I don't understand, to be honest.

But yeah, as others have said, this is not a good road. Perhaps you could look into getting some help together? I mean, you've supported each other in a bad way here, there's nothing to say you can't support each other in a good way, assuming you're both willing.

^ Great post, I couldn't have worded this better. I believe there's something that you're not telling us. How did he obtain heroin and rigs if he's never used? I'm not going to lecture you, but you're not clean if you're smoking crack. If all it takes is one argument to send him down the crack/heroin path, you two are toxic together. It's hard for a partner to be clean while the other is getting high. Nip it in the bud now before he gets addicted. Like Bobby said, get some help and support each other.

^ It's not hard to obtain drugs and/or rigs. Rigs can be purchased at any local pharmacy. All you have to do is pretend you have diabetes. Drugs like heroin can be obtained either by asking your pot dealer, a known friend who does drugs, a known dealer, or if you live in certain cities; you can just go to certain parts of town and people are selling off the street corner.

how is that relevant? Surely you are a troll? If you arent I definitely hope that you dont teach anyone about drug use or abuse. Your advice is always awful, opinionated and or just totally wrong. I hope no one takes what you say and uses that information since they will end up being hurt by it.

if you need some guidance there are wells of reputable information on all these topics, with references that stand up better than "so and so's cousin's friends nieces new man"

My advice is from personal experience. Yeah, some of it seems crazy but I promise that it works. My advice on this thread isn't even ridiculous, though. To get off of an opiate, you ween yourself off with weaker opiates. Quitting an opiate cold turkey after much abuse can kill you. So, how was my advice "horrible"?

quitting a opiate cold turkey has never caused a fatality. I assume youre thinking of the symptoms of cessation of heavy long term benzodiazapene, and alcohol abuse. This can cause seizures which can kill you. Horrible advice is breaking down several ways to go about finding heroin when one doesnt know where to look yet.

You keep your experience, Ill keep my proven facts and do all I can to help slow down the flow of bad or misinformation. No one deserves to be left behind because they havent been able to properly educate themselves in regard to their drug use, abuse, or addiction.

please give me specific examples of a Opiate only withdrawal causing death.

Oh wait thats right.... there arent any. Opiate withdrawal is not fun, and can no doubt feel like death but alas... ones will to live broken, they will endure

Any death that has been "linked" to opiate withdrawal is not sufficient, if someone can show me that acute opiate withdrawal has been listed as cause of death on a legitimate death certificate, i would be very interested

Rigs can be purchased at any local pharmacy. All you have to do is pretend you have diabetes.
Drugs, yes. Rigs, not everyplace. For instance, there are states/counties that require a person to have a prescription in order to purchase syringes. Where I lived in Broward county, FL my friend was a diabetic and got his insulin. But they refused to sell him the syringes at CVS, saying he needed a prescription for those as well. Makes no sense but making a blanket statement "You can buy them at any pharmacy" is not true.

Let's stay on topic please! I don't want to have to remove any more posts guys, so keep this conversation civil or take it to private messages.

Well, I've never heard of having to have a prescription for needles, but that actually sounds believable that some places would try to pull that shit. lol

Sorry about that.

Yeah some places do require a prescription, some don't. Also some places leave it up to the pharmacists discretion.

- Hopeless Soul

Heroin is physically addictive and has no psychological addicting points whatsoever

All opiates induce addiction related neuroplasticity. Of course they are psychologically addicting. Anything that feels good is psychologically addicting, even natural rewards. Of course you might argue there is not much separation between psychology and biology because the biology produces the psychology, therefore psychological addiction is possibly a bad term.

Sorry to derail the thread further :(

Kaybee, I think you two should get sober while you can - don't spend too much time regretting what is in the past. It will only fuel more bad decisions. If you can't get him sober then get out while you still can and sober up yourself. Try to forgive yourself - he would've gotten high eventually. It was his decision.