• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Drug Draws Attention of Tenn., Ky. Law Enforcement (LSA)

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
Ha new drug my ass

New Drug Draws Attention of Tenn., Ky. Law Enforcement

By John Null

Earlier this month, the circulation of plant seeds containing a psychoactive chemical compound similar to LSD led to the hospitalization of five Stewart County High School students.

The seeds of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose – a climbing vine – contain lysergic acid amide, or LSA.

LSA is a schedule three controlled substance, which means it has medical value, but isn’t as addictive as schedule 1 and 2 drugs. It’s illegal to extract the LSA from the seeds, but that’s not what the students at Stewart County High School did. They just ingested the seeds.

The Stewart County Sheriff’s Office says as many as 20 students were involved with the circulation of the seeds, which Michael Stanfill, a special agent with the Drug Enforcement Agency's Nashville resident office, says are not considered a controlled substance, or regulated.

“If this becomes a problem down the road, can there be some type of legislation for it? Yeah," Stanfield said. "But we haven’t seen it, and neither has the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, so it’s something fairly new.”

When Stanfill said the drug was new, he wasn’t kidding. Calls to the Tennessee Department of Health and the Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy yielded confusion and unfamiliarity. One official said he was going to have to Google it.

http://wkms.org/post/new-drug-draws-attention-tenn-ky-law-enforcement

They were hospitalized because they had insurance. The hospital probably made tens of thousands of dollars here.

I remember my brother wanting to try lsa a year or two ago, I'm sure its been around for a long ass time.

None of the students must have landed on bluelight cause they ate the seeds. Lol

Doesn't everybody reporting an overdose probably via emergency service get hospitalized?

This was shitty reporting, ask a student I bet atleast 1 out of 20 is down to share something. Writer has no information.
Any one done lsa?

America's obsession with trying to legislate everything from seeds and herbs to E-cigs to bitcoins and the internet (in the guise of protecting the children, preventing cyberbullying, terrorism, corporate intellectual property, yadda yadda yadda) is pathetic and utterly disgusting. The fumes our cars pump out on a daily basis are far more detrimental to ones health and more of an immediate crisis than "new drugs" will ever be as are the GMOs and artificial ingredients that now make up the majority of our food supply and packaging. When are they going to ban the burning fossil fuels that create these hazardous fumes, endocrine-disrupting chemicals and GMOs which God only knows what they are doing to our DNA in the long run, huh?

New Drug Draws Attention of Tenn., Ky. Law Enforcement (LSA)

First, the drug is not new. It is a seed, which is probably older than civilization.
Second, it did not "draw the attention" of the cops. They chose to put their attention there.

LSA is a really fabulous drug. Much like LSD, but without the energy boost. I used to use it with caffeine to be more productive. Great for enhancing creativity.

lol @ lsa being a "new drug"

"new" as in the neolithic era or wat?

*sigh*

This is only going to become more common... I did a search on a big etailer for Robitussin today and a product page noted that purchasers of that product were also purchasing Heavenly Blue seeds in 1500 seed increments along with it.

The product page for the seeds not only said they weren't treated but the comments talked specifically about the effects of said seeds...

The product page for the seeds not only said they weren't treated but the comments talked specifically about the effects of said seeds...

What else would you expect the comments talk about, soil and watering?

What else would you expect the comments talk about, soil and watering?

Some of them did lol!

It was a huge wtf moment though. I never really would have guessed that particular e-tailer would allow such things.

I remember my brother wanting to try lsa a year or two ago, I'm sure its been around for a long ass time.

None of the students must have landed on bluelight cause they ate the seeds. Lol

Doesn't everybody reporting an overdose probably via emergency service get hospitalized?

This was shitty reporting, ask a student I bet atleast 1 out of 20 is down to share something. Writer has no information.
Any one done lsa?

Doing LSA is so old, i've done it with blue something morning glory seeds at walmart BEFORE they started coating them with poison, in early 2001 I think. :)