• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

New Clonazolam Analogues

I B Profane

Bluelighter
Alright so I would like to preface this by saying that I have a very limited knowledge of drug chemistry and neuroscience. So please forgive me for my ignorance, haha.

I dabble in benzodiazepines, and through my experiments I've concluded that my two favorite ones, effect wise, are Clonazolam and Etizolam respectivley. Etizolam feels nicer overall, but Clonazolam is far more potent and sedating, with a longer half life.

So here's my question. This is Clonazolam:

IYB2SzO.png

And this is Etizolam

220px-Etizolam.svg.png

Would it theoretically be possible to make a substance that feels like a mix of Clonazolam and Etizolam? I understand that Clam is a benzodiazepine, and Etiz is a theinodiazepine, so what would you do with the benzene/theiophene ring? Is this even possible, and if so, how would someone go about doing it? I heard that Clonazolam is (put simply) a molecular love child of Clonazepam and Nitrazepam. If that's the case, can't we combine certain elements of these molecules to make new BZPs that feel like a mix of the two? Or am I speaking out of my ass?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated :) Thanks N&P guys, you the real MVPs.

Would it theoretically be possible to make a substance that feels like a mix of Clonazolam and Etizolam? [..] Is this even possible, and if so, how would someone go about doing it?

the same way you come up with any other benzodiazepine drug, you'd make and screen benzo derivatives until you found one with the effects you wanted

If that's the case, can't we combine certain elements of these molecules to make new BZPs that feel like a mix of the two?

there aren't really any "elements to combine". clonazolam and etizolam are very similar and only differ by a few atoms already.

I suppose you could try swapping the nitro for the ethyl on etizolam. Nitro groups there are usually beneficial, but I dunno, how it'd work with the thiophene ring. Alternatively, swapping etizolam's chloro for a fluoro might have a positive effect.

Actually, if the nitro works, a nitro/2'-F combination on the basic thienodiazepine structure could make for a very potent sedative.

Not that we need another highly potent rc benzo.