• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New city, no connects, script ran out early, need help coping through withdrawal

Not much otc meds will work to be honest. I have never tried lope in high doses and never will. Kratom made my anxiety high with no relief.
Drink lots of water and try to eat if possible, shower helps for a few minutes even though getting in there is hard.
Just ride it out and try not to overthink symptoms. I find in withdrawal if you think you're getting symptoms, they will get worse. The mind is powerful so meditate if possible.
Good luck and you will get through it. Just keep reminding yourself it will pass
Dear God yeah. I keep thinking “no way I can sleep bc my leg is shaking, and no way I’ll sleep bc I know how this goes.” And the fear sets in and I think I have symptoms before they even arise, that’s a big part of how I ran out early. Kept thinking I was going to WD so I’d take an extra dose before bed time.

I didn’t pass out until 3:30 last night (was in bed from 9pm until then trying). Today I feel super foggy (I don’t know if it’s from the loperamide last night or the kratom this morning). And my stomachs being a jerk and I have zero interest in food. Just sit and shake my leg and have trouble doing anything at all and it sucks.

I understand that Loperamide (Immodium) is dangerous in high doses. However, it seems that if we are being realistic, it is still a major go-to for folks who find themselves suddenly without Opioids. It's not a good thing, but I think if people are going to use it, it's best to keep the dosage as low as possible. Keep in mind that the damage caused by this stuff might not be readily apparent.

It is pretty difficult to make responsible decisions when you are sick and you have an agent at-hand that can relieve your symptoms. My advice would be to not buy the wholesale size bottle of Loperamide so that you have some semblance of control on the dosage. I'm speaking from experience on this one.

I understand that Loperamide (Immodium) is dangerous in high doses. However, it seems that if we are being realistic, it is still a major go-to for folks who find themselves suddenly without Opioids. It's not a good thing, but I think if people are going to use it, it's best to keep the dosage as low as possible. Keep in mind that the damage caused by this stuff might not be readily apparent.

It is pretty difficult to make responsible decisions when you are sick and you have an agent at-hand that can relieve your symptoms. My advice would be to not buy the wholesale size bottle of Loperamide so that you have some semblance of control on the dosage. I'm speaking from experience on this one.
appreciate the advice. Only bought a pack of like 36 and a liquid bottle for now. Trying to stay as low as possible (12mg at a time, wait an hour and take 12mg more) and then wait until I feel like death to dose again the next day. Major drawback so far has been that I still have a restless leg, anxiety, increased resting heart rate, have no energy or desire to move, and I woke up feeling somewhat foggy in my headspace this morning and it hasn’t passed yet. I’m sure the lack of sleep doesn’t help with that. Obviously it’s hard to figure out the right dose and not go overboard when this is the first time attempting to use lope for withdrawal. Counting down the hours until I get my scripts.

QUESTION; I was reading that Loperamide has a half life of something like 9-14 hours, so if I’m taking 24-30mg the first day, should I just take 12mg the next day / wouldnt I still have a ton of it in my system still? I’ve got the chills today, but i dosed around this time last night so I just dosed again, but liquid this time as I’d love to be able to get some sleep if possible tonight. (Couldn’t crash until 4am last night and had to be up at 8am today)
ALSO; my head feels foggy, almost pressure like, is that likely from too much loperamide or something else?

How you feeling today? If its its any consolation tomorrow you will start to feel better

How you feeling today? If its its any consolation tomorrow you will start to feel better
Last night I snapped at everyone. Couldn’t sleep again until 3am (in bed at 9pm trying to sleep). I took an entire bottle of loperamide to the head before I could pass out. I don’t know why but the liquid didn’t seem to work like the pills did the day before. Felt super shitty. I can’t find any time lines that really give any real outline as to when the peak of shitty feelings will subside and get easier but I’m praying tonight isn’t as bad as the last 2 nights. Had a super tiny 1/4 of an oxy on Wednesday and again Thursday. So technically I think this is day 3 maybe. It’s all a blur at this point bc of the lack of any real sleep. Just want in to be Tuesday already. I’ve got 2 more nights to go.its just brutally depressing and makes you feel like such a piece of shit for putting yourself through this. Real easy to get anxious or angry and start having dark thoughts at night.

Anyone know if withdrawal will ease up any time soon so I can sleep better? It’s been 3 days since my last tiny 5mg line of oxy. (Tried to stretch my last 30 over 3 days before I had none.

I forget the exact amount, but iirc you need 10-20% of your baseline opioid dosage to avoid wd, so I doubt you'd count that 5mg line.

Anyways, the wd timeline varies from person to person. I would expect not to get a good night's rest until your refill on Tuesday. I would always take a hot shower (they will be your best friend), and run to my bed as soon as I hopped out to fall asleep before all the reprieve wears off.

Half way to making it. Feels like forever. Every time I look at the clock it’s as if no time has passed. I feel As if I hate the world right now, but really I just hate myself. Why do I constantly need to get high and feel that escape? If not I don’t feel myself as if I’m myself. Sober me is a cunt. And not the good kind. I used to not give a damn and be so outgoing, now I’m only that way when I have something in my system. Trying to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel but without rest it seems so distant right now. *sigh*

I always started to feel better day 4. Hopefully today and tonight you can get some sleep

Half way to making it. Feels like forever. Every time I look at the clock it’s as if no time has passed. I feel As if I hate the world right now, but really I just hate myself. Why do I constantly need to get high and feel that escape? If not I don’t feel myself as if I’m myself. Sober me is a cunt. And not the good kind. I used to not give a damn and be so outgoing, now I’m only that way when I have something in my system. Trying to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel but without rest it seems so distant right now. *sigh*

Don't beat yourself up to much. I got off heroin, then off methadone for a year to go back on a small dose(24mg) before I was going through hell and couldn't do it sober and didn't want to go back to heroin. You hear people bitch about liquid handcuffs and i go back on it! Life is hard sober so please take it easy on yourself you're just human afterall

Don't beat yourself up to much. I got off heroin, then off methadone for a year to go back on a small dose(24mg) before I was going through hell and couldn't do it sober and didn't want to go back to heroin. You hear people bitch about liquid handcuffs and i go back on it! Life is hard sober so please take it easy on yourself you're just human afterall
Thanks for the love. It’s appreciated. I made it, some how, some way, i made it. this forum was a big part of that IMHO. It’s comforting to know your struggle isn’t just your own bc others are going through very similar situations. I only slept 2-3 hours last night, but I somehow got 6 the night before. So I’m looking forward to finally sleeping and my stomach not wanting to destroy a bitch from the inside out like a scene from the movie Alien.

Thanks for the love. It’s appreciated. I made it, some how, some way, i made it. this forum was a big part of that IMHO. It’s comforting to know your struggle isn’t just your own bc others are going through very similar situations. I only slept 2-3 hours last night, but I somehow got 6 the night before. So I’m looking forward to finally sleeping and my stomach not wanting to destroy a bitch from the inside out like a scene from the movie Alien.

That's great to hear. Hopefully tonight you 8. Not sleeping and restlessness are the worst for me

In my experience, Loperamide can last for 24+ hours. Don't replicate my experience or anything please, as most of this took place prior to my knowledge of how dangerous this stuff could be. One of the problems here is that my dosages have ranged from 2mg-200mg and everything in between. Sometimes, I have been withdrawing from Heroin and other times a more gradual, Methadone-type deal. These variables make it difficult to give really effective advice, but I still think it is all worth noting. A great advantage in utilizing this drug is that it comes in pretty precise dosing increments. I'm not suggesting a months' long titration, but you could maybe soften the landing for yourself a little bit. In my experience, this can help ensure success.

Thank you for the great post from everyone! Very helpful!!
@FinKarma Hope you are doing much better? Please do not look at your script as income producing, Rather as Pain relieving medicine. If you miscalculated to be 4 Days short please be honest with the Pain you will be in for that Money!!
I always lay out my script management for the month and place in a different location than my extra available stash, the two are Never to meet !!
My Motto is " Better to have No Money and Drugs............................Than Money and No DRUGS!!"
All is well ICE

Why nobody mention dextromethorphan? 8-24mg loperamire /24h, 60-100mg dxm every 6 hours and some naproxen with apap. Weed for stomach isues and sleep. Benzos are good but they make you more depressed but since dxm is potent snri u will be feeling some mood lift too..