• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids New Bron Solution Ace DHC OTC

Andrejp

Greenlighter
I just picked up some Bron Cough Syrup in Japan.

It has:
Dihydrocodeine phosphate..... 30 mg
Guaifenesin......................... 170 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate....... 12 mg
Anhydrous caffeine............... 62 mg

Is anyone familiar with this stuff?
Should I worry about any of the other ingredients?

Thanks

Sucks for you bro it has guaf in it......

You're 100% going to vomit at doses above 400mg guaf. Might as well be ipecac... 😟

I'm less familiar with chloropheniramine but I know that it gives side effects at doses above the recommended

I advise against taking more than 2 or 3 standard doses of that stuff at a time. You'll either puke or regret it or both.

It also has quite a bit of caffeine which should be noted.

But trust me about the puking thing. Don't take 5 doses and go out in public because the nausea hits you instantly after about 45 min and you have about 5 seconds to reach a toilet lol

Last edited:
Chlorpheniramine is dangerous in high doses. At the doses required for getting high from that, you're going to cause damage to yourself, and/or throw up. While having a caffeine overdose.

I almost doubt anyone could seriously injure themselves with this syrup. The guaifenesin would have them vomiting violently after 3x standard dose. And with that level of caffeine you'd be tweaking before you had any real opiate high. Obviously anything is impossible.

I could see some people doing some ill-fated homebrew extracts going wrong.

I learned my lesson with guaifenesin many years ago. Never again.

overall this type of medication is not abusable or recreational and perpetrators will have a bad time

Last edited: