• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New and need a bit of help!

theavidityrar

Greenlighter
Hey all!

Am new to this, have a long long term injury that causes significant pain. Accordingly have been on oramorph 10mg/5ml the whole time and recently graduated to fentanyl patches 25micrograms/hour. I am unhappy to report it isn't enough, and for the moment it wont be changing so I need some help to minimise my chances of danger.

A friend has gotten me some H, as I am new to this it will only be snorted (I dont trust myself with needles either tbh). I would welcome any and all suggestions regarding this, have been given 2g of apparently strong H and need to know where do I start as I have never snorted anything before only been oral use (or transdermal recently) for anything in the past!

Any and all suggestions/ideas welcome, it should only be a short term thing but I want to minimise my risks and you all have knowledge that far exceeds my own!

Thanks in advance! <3

Hi.
Please discuss this with your doctor (if possible).
H will help with pain but it may just be more fent. Lot's of misrepresented substances going around. Wouldn't want to have another accidental OD just because someone trusts a pill or other to make it through and find it's not all what it seems.
Not sure I would advise at all on where to begin with your H... if it were me I would start at the lowest point possible (most likely snort) and check myself often for any changes in thought, mood, attitude, creativity, empathy and/or a lot of other sh** as well as pain level. I do this throughout my day as I have to be "responsible" and adjust accordingly (often with a substance or two).
Again... if possible talk to your doctor about this.
Hope to see ya 'round....

Should you go through with your plan you should test the heroin for fentanyl. You can get the sest strips online. Due to the potential of hot spots you'd need to dissolve the whole 2 g heroin in some water, stirr until everything is dissolved and then use the test strip.

Is there any way you can get some add-on prescribed? Sometimes things like amitriptyline or gapabetine might increase analgesia. Or maybe something as simple as paracetamol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen (for chronic pain nsars sometimes work wonders as sometime chronic pain is increased due to inflammation). And where did you put the patch? Depending on where you put it absorption can vary.

Taking heroin from the streets is really dangerous and it might increase your tolerance, so please think about it again.

I already take 200mg of pregabalin 3 times a day for neuro pain which helps massively with that. The patch is on my arm, where you would expect a normal tattoo to be (outside upper arm below shoulder).

I confess it does worry me about fentanyl, ive felt what that can do with just a tiny dose 100mics before my surgery and i was away in fairyland no longer caring about my spinal cord basically dying.

Will get the test strips to be extra sure and follow the suggestion of testing it all, then i assume i can evaporate the water and leave the powder?

When you say start small, ive never snorted anything before so advice? What is a good small amount to start at? I am so naive of it that any help is appreciated!

OP, I don't want to sidetrack you or anything, but if you're interested in discussing the entirety of your situation as it concerns your pain and the drugs that you're currently prescribed, myself and plenty of other people have knowledge and experience in the area that you might find pretty helpful. Feel free to hit us up in this thread or in a PM, either way, happy to hear from you!

Do you own a scale? This is pretty important. If you do not own a scale, I wound consider buying one. If you weren't trying for stability and analgesia, I would generally advise a more lackadaisical approach (divide by ten, divide by ten, that sort of thing), but I think for the sake of your continuing benefit, you need to use the absolute lowest effective dose. I would advise starting with 10mg-15mg, but this is only based upon the idea that you actually have pure Heroin.

The Fentanyl test is definitely a great idea. The amount of real Heroin/Morphine on the street here in the west shrinks by the day. I would start by getting the scale and get back to us. If this isn't possible, we will go from there. Sound good?

Perfect! Thank you for the suggestions everyone (and the offer to talk about it!). Will invest in some scales, although this is only a short term solution to a long term problem so I dont anticipate needing them very often :)