• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New and idk wtf I’m doing - subutex

Required666

Greenlighter
Sorry guys, I’m new to BL and can’t even figure out how to create a new thread. Can someone help me because I have a question I desperately need to ask, and need to know how and where to post it.
Thanks!

I’m freaking out. I’m used to doing a quarter to a half of subutex a day. My girl was out so I’ve been doing methadone for a few days. Well just now I snorted a half of a suboxone and I feel really weird. Heart is beating super fast, I’m cold and sweaty. Am I dying? Please help.

I'll move this to Basic Drug Discussion where you'll get better answers.

I am not sure about the effects of this drug but if your heart is beating super fast i'd try to relax and maybe take a benzo?

Hold tight man.

I know it's been a few hours so your situation has likely changed but I'm going to go ahead & assume you are in precipitated withdrawal! I sympathize it's horrific! Whether or not it's particularily dangerous depends on your health conditions.
If you're a healthy individual who can normally tolerate full blown withdrawal without medical issues arising you should be ok. What is occurring is equivalent to (& actually is) full blown opioid withdrawal.
If you consume buprenorphine (the active ingredient in Subutux) while you still have a full a full agonist (Methadone in this case) in your system you will go into withdrawals. To put it simply the Subutux likely caused you to go into preicipitated withdrawal. :(

There is very little that can be done once this occurs. I myself have a lot of experience with both substances but have always made sure to switch to a short acting opioid before switching to buprenorphine. Very few times have I dosed buprenorphine to soon. I learned quickly when I did.
I was able to break back through the PW (Precipitated Withdrawal) as I was precipitated off a short acting full agonist & was able to break back through with various IV opioids. (Note this can be dangerous & should not be attempted without proper knowledge.)

Either way you will likely either be forced into one of two options. To "ride it out" or try to "break through" & get back to normal. Sadly enough I need more information to help you decide a course of action.

Without knowing your usage & medical history, the dosages involved & the exact time frames I can't offer much advice. If you're still dealing with the issue & want more advice please post an update with more information. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread so I can give you feedback ASAP.

In the meantime you have my best wishes & I hope that you make it through this experience as best as possible! 🤞

You need to be addicted to methadone in order to have precipitated withdrawal. You just had too much narcotics. Or maybe you haven't eaten or slept in a few days.

You need to be addicted to methadone in order to have precipitated withdrawal. You just had too much narcotics. Or maybe you haven't eaten or slept in a few days.

No offense intended but I think you may have misinterpreted the OP as @Required666 stated they take opioids "regularly" which based on what I've read appears to imply they are dependent on opioids. Based on the substances & the dosing they mentioned; dependency would be my educated guess. :)

Regardless; it appears the OP is new & might not check back in.

However just to clarify for anyone who reads this thread in the future. @Required666 stated they use opioids regularly. As such they could precipitate.

You don't have to be dependent on methadone in particular to precipitate. If you are dependent on any full agonist & you take buprenorphine to soon you will precipitate.

As @Required666 stated they had been using methadone for a few days as opposed to bupeprenorphine. Depending on the individual body chemistry & dosages but with the half-life of the substances involved being what they are precipitated withdrawal is a very real risk in this scenario.

TL;DR For anyone who reads this in the future please do not think you can take buprenorphine anywhere near the time you took methadone. It will be a VERY unpleasant experience.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies and sorry it took me so long to get back on here; the COVID-19 pandemic has forced our university to close and all of my classes have switched to online, which has surprisingly kept me a lot busier with homework. I’m seriously falling behind in all of my classes, ugh.

To get back on topic, I felt really shitty the rest of the day but went back to using subutex daily the very next day. I have been sick for a month now, went to the doctor today and I have full-blown bronchitis. I failed to tell the doctor I am taking buprenorphine (because, like all addicts, I was scared and I obtain them illegally); he prescribed me azythromycin (Z-Pak antibiotics), and when I got home I researched and found out that theyhave severe interactions with buprenorphine in terms of heart problems, and because I already deal with extreme anxiety and panic attacks that I don’t take medication for, I decided not to take any. I called the pharmacist and told them the situation and they said Yes, they interact and to have the doctor prescribe me a different antibiotic. So I called the doctor and admitted to taking buprenorphine, but he said they DON’T interact, and refused to write me a new antibiotic. So now I have these conflicting sources and a fucked.

I have 2 subutex pills left and am getting rid of them as I write this; I’ve decided to quit cold turkey so I can start the Z-pak tomorrow and get my health back (don’t want this turning into full-blown pneumonia, especially as a single parent with a 4 year old. As of now, I have been taking bupe daily, a half to 3 quarters a day (sometimes a whole one but not often). My method is intranasally (aka snorting), and I have been on them daily for 3 months now (though I’ve been messing and dabbling in and with opioids again for closer to 5-6 months). My question is, how terrible do you think my withdrawals will be going cold turkey based on the information I’ve given? And, do you think 24 hours is long enough for me to not do any subutex and begin taking the z-pak? I want to be safe, guys, my little boy depends on me. I just want my life back.

I'll move this to Basic Drug Discussion where you'll get better answers.

I am not sure about the effects of this drug but if your heart is beating super fast i'd try to relax and maybe take a benzo?

Hold tight man.
I can’t do any benzos with bupe, they’re a fatal mix. :(

Thanks for moving my thread, I still have no idea what I’m doing haha. I made it through okay, apparently it was precipitated withdrawals as someone said. I did post a new question and response below - I think I’m Doing this right?? Ugh.

I can’t answer most of the questions your asking but I myself have anxiety and I notice I get extremely worried when the intial rush of my oxy kicked in. I would suggest finding and talking to a medical health professional to get you the help you need. I know your scared of red flags and what not. But sometimes that might not be the worst thing.
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies and sorry it took me so long to get back on here; the COVID-19 pandemic has forced our university to close and all of my classes have switched to online, which has surprisingly kept me a lot busier with homework. I’m seriously falling behind in all of my classes, ugh.

To get back on topic, I felt really shitty the rest of the day but went back to using subutex daily the very next day. I have been sick for a month now, went to the doctor today and I have full-blown bronchitis. I failed to tell the doctor I am taking buprenorphine (because, like all addicts, I was scared and I obtain them illegally); he prescribed me azythromycin (Z-Pak antibiotics), and when I got home I researched and found out that theyhave severe interactions with buprenorphine in terms of heart problems, and because I already deal with extreme anxiety and panic attacks that I don’t take medication for, I decided not to take any. I called the pharmacist and told them the situation and they said Yes, they interact and to have the doctor prescribe me a different antibiotic. So I called the doctor and admitted to taking buprenorphine, but he said they DON’T interact, and refused to write me a new antibiotic. So now I have these conflicting sources and a fucked.

I have 2 subutex pills left and am getting rid of them as I write this; I’ve decided to quit cold turkey so I can start the Z-pak tomorrow and get my health back (don’t want this turning into full-blown pneumonia, especially as a single parent with a 4 year old. As of now, I have been taking bupe daily, a half to 3 quarters a day (sometimes a whole one but not often). My method is intranasally (aka snorting), and I have been on them daily for 3 months now (though I’ve been messing and dabbling in and with opioids again for closer to 5-6 months). My question is, how terrible do you think my withdrawals will be going cold turkey based on the information I’ve given? And, do you think 24 hours is long enough for me to not do any subutex and begin taking the z-pak? I want to be safe, guys, my little boy depends on me. I just want my life back.

I know it's been a few hours so your situation has likely changed but I'm going to go ahead & assume you are in precipitated withdrawal! I sympathize it's horrific! Whether or not it's particularily dangerous depends on your health conditions.
If you're a healthy individual who can normally tolerate full blown withdrawal without medical issues arising you should be ok. What is occurring is equivalent to (& actually is) full blown opioid withdrawal.
If you consume buprenorphine (the active ingredient in Subutux) while you still have a full a full agonist (Methadone in this case) in your system you will go into withdrawals. To put it simply the Subutux likely caused you to go into preicipitated withdrawal. :(

There is very little that can be done once this occurs. I myself have a lot of experience with both substances but have always made sure to switch to a short acting opioid before switching to buprenorphine. Very few times have I dosed buprenorphine to soon. I learned quickly when I did.
I was able to break back through the PW (Precipitated Withdrawal) as I was precipitated off a short acting full agonist & was able to break back through with various IV opioids. (Note this can be dangerous & should not be attempted without proper knowledge.)

Either way you will likely either be forced into one of two options. To "ride it out" or try to "break through" & get back to normal. Sadly enough I need more information to help you decide a course of action.

Without knowing your usage & medical history, the dosages involved & the exact time frames I can't offer much advice. If you're still dealing with the issue & want more advice please post an update with more information. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread so I can give you feedback ASAP.

In the meantime you have my best wishes & I hope that you make it through this experience as best as possible! 🤞
What is the breakback method? I think I may have an idea, but would love more info;)

I’m freaking out. I’m used to doing a quarter to a half of subutex a day. My girl was out so I’ve been doing methadone for a few days. Well just now I snorted a half of a suboxone and I feel really weird. Heart is beating super fast, I’m cold and sweaty. Am I dying? Please help.

I think by now you know, but I can almost guarantee that what you were experiencing was a mild instance of Precipitated Withdrawal. Methadone is a long acting Opioid so this isn't a really surprise so there's nothing to freak out about. It should be an isolated phenomenon.