European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

New Amsterdam Weed laws?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Can someone please clear up what the Law(s) actually are since 25th May 2023 in regard to buying weed etc & where you can smoke please.

I live in the Netherlands.

The background to all the news talking about banning sales to tourists is that there are farily recent laws in place that prohibit sales to tourists, but it is in the end up to every city and region if they want to implement them or not, so you can see those more as intended to give legal support to the cities that do want to stop drug tourism rather than a will to ban it entirely.

So the situation right now is that anyone can buy weed anywhere in the country except for a few cities in the south close to Belgian and German border because they had issues with people going over the border only to buy weed and bring it back home.

Amsterdam is for the most part as open as it's ever been. The biggest change you'll notice as a tourist is that the city is working on a project to reevaluate the situation of the Red Light District (locally referred to as De Wallen) and possibly create a new "Erotic Center" in another part of the city. As a part of this project they have started to restrict activities inside Red Light to see if the situation can be improved enough to make the move unnecessary, as the sex workers have opposed having their business move elsewhere.

You can no longer smoke outside of the coffee shops anywhere in De Wallen and they have also blocked off some bridges to alter the flow of tourists in way that resembles how an IKEA store works... when you walk there you are kind of being guided through and naturally end up going out the other side. This stops tourists roaming around the area in circles and makes it a less attractive area to hang around in.

You can still smoke outside everywhere else in the city, but don't forget that the cannabis policy is still only "tolerance" so you should respect that and try not to offend people living here by smoking on sidewalks, anywhere close to children or in crowded situations where people are forced to inhale your smoke. You will very rarely get punished for it but it is considered extremely rude and if you do it you are contributing to the increasing opposition of cannabis sales to tourists. One day the popular opinion may sway far enough to make Amsterdam enact the law.

The background to all the news talking about banning sales to tourists is that there are farily recent laws in place that prohibit sales to tourists, but it is in the end up to every city and region if they want to implement them or not, so you can see those more as intended to give legal support to the cities that do want to stop drug tourism rather than a will to ban it entirely.

So the situation right now is that anyone can buy weed anywhere in the country except for a few cities in the south close to Belgian and German border because they had issues with people going over the border only to buy weed and bring it back home.

Amsterdam is for the most part as open as it's ever been. The biggest change you'll notice as a tourist is that the city is working on a project to reevaluate the situation of the Red Light District (locally referred to as De Wallen) and possibly create a new "Erotic Center" in another part of the city. As a part of this project they have started to restrict activities inside Red Light to see if the situation can be improved enough to make the move unnecessary, as the sex workers have opposed having their business move elsewhere.

You can no longer smoke outside of the coffee shops anywhere in De Wallen and they have also blocked off some bridges to alter the flow of tourists in way that resembles how an IKEA store works... when you walk there you are kind of being guided through and naturally end up going out the other side. This stops tourists roaming around the area in circles and makes it a less attractive area to hang around in.

You can still smoke outside everywhere else in the city, but don't forget that the cannabis policy is still only "tolerance" so you should respect that and try not to offend people living here by smoking on sidewalks, anywhere close to children or in crowded situations where people are forced to inhale your smoke. You will very rarely get punished for it but it is considered extremely rude and if you do it you are contributing to the increasing opposition of cannabis sales to tourists. One day the popular opinion may sway far enough to make Amsterdam enact the law.
Bedankt ;)

Besides the ugly whore's, their are brothels and legal prostitution throughout Europe. the art museums(boring), the Anne Frank House is just too depressing for my taste, the legal pot is one of their big attractions( who are the geniuses that want tourists to not come their for that) I guess canals, lousy overpriced food and wooden shoes is what the tourism board is counting on, oh I" m sorry did I forget the tulips. Even though going to Europe to smoke pot, is ridiculous for this Michigander, it still is one of the main reasons people go. Yes I know about the Picasso Museum. I have a hugh coffee table book, is seeing them and where Rembrandt grew up really worth all that money, and they think their city is more than whore's and pot(are shrooms tolerated?) It really isn't and the prices, visit somewhere more interesting.

Who cares, I live in Michigan
Well this is the EADD section after all.

Although if we're talking about the US, the first 2 words of the title of this thread "New Amsterdam" got me thinking about what New York was called before the Brits got there, not too long after the Dutch, and made our claim on it.

Such was our way in those times.

Maybe if the Brits hadn't gone there and done that, it might still be called New Amsterdam, and the whole country might have been dutch speaking (or at least as much as parts of Canada are French speaking.)

You are allowed to possess drugs providing you are not touching them or if you do it through a mandril.

Besides the ugly whore's, their are brothels and legal prostitution throughout Europe. the art museums(boring), the Anne Frank House is just too depressing for my taste, the legal pot is one of their big attractions( who are the geniuses that want tourists to not come their for that) I guess canals, lousy overpriced food and wooden shoes is what the tourism board is counting on, oh I" m sorry did I forget the tulips. Even though going to Europe to smoke pot, is ridiculous for this Michigander, it still is one of the main reasons people go. Yes I know about the Picasso Museum. I have a hugh coffee table book, is seeing them and where Rembrandt grew up really worth all that money, and they think their city is more than whore's and pot(are shrooms tolerated?) It really isn't and the prices, visit somewhere more interesting.

Clearly a well seasoned American traveller. Who, ironically, doesn't even own a passport.. Make of that what you will.

Fuck yo hundreds/thousands years of culture, you don’t got the weeds like we do ;) /s

This doesn’t sound like much change at all. Some states in the US also have a city by city cannabis regulations, where the city can choose whether they want it or not. I 100% agree with this and allows each community to choose what’s best for them.

Also MI weed is just ok. It’s hard to find properly grown sativas, especially outdoor grown. All the Indica leaning strains are on point though.

-GC

Fuck yo hundreds/thousands years of culture, you don’t got the weeds like we do ;) /s

This doesn’t sound like much change at all. Some states in the US also have a city by city cannabis regulations, where the city can choose whether they want it or not. I 100% agree with this and allows each community to choose what’s best for them.

Also MI weed is just ok. It’s hard to find properly grown sativas, especially outdoor grown. All the Indica leaning strains are on point though.

-GC
You sound like a whiny child who lost at Fortnite. Wind ya neck in Go Go Gadget

-GC

The majority of dutch weed is dog shit compared to the US, from what i have seen personally.

I still think the US doesn't really want weed to be legal (it's not federally still?), there's just too much money to not be taxing it lol.

Clearly a well seasoned American traveller. Who, ironically, doesn't even own a passport.. Make of that what you will.
I know people who went there, my arguement is that the red light district and pot is a lot of the attraction. The family members who went there didn't go for whores or drugs. It is just stupid to think that they can class up the place. It is just another old overpriced European tourist trap, take away the pot, you lose many travelers. My passport application was interrupted by my dad's accident which led to his death. Amsterdam was not on the list of places to go and see. We were going to go to see the classier side of Europe. Even with or without whores and pot Amsterdam is not of interest, it is lame from every thing I've seen. Not to mention that not so great Dutch cuisine.

Wow, make a lame city lamer. I know what you are going to say, but I have never been to the country of Bangladesh and don't need to visit to know it sucks

I know people who went there, my arguement is that the red light district and pot is a lot of the attraction. The family members who went there didn't go for whores or drugs. It is just stupid to think that they can class up the place. It is just another old overpriced European tourist trap, take away the pot, you lose many travelers. My passport application was interrupted by my dad's accident which led to his death. Amsterdam was not on the list of places to go and see. We were going to go to see the classier side of Europe. Even with or without whores and pot Amsterdam is not of interest, it is lame from every thing I've seen. Not to mention that not so great Dutch cuisine.
Hate to break it to you, but.. There's whores worldwide. There's more than just Europe that has legalised ho's

You are allowed to possess drugs providing you are not touching them or if you do it through a mandril.

Used to be didn't it lol (actually don't know how is nowadays since can't take mushies any mini dose even once so..)

Back then though I laughed at the ridiculousness of the "Law" again probably means lie/con/trick or trap in Hebrew lol, because re UK then and the Liberty caps we picked annually.

Were legal to possess, any q too, probably to "give away" even lol.

But once dried or "Prepared" in any way, was firm Class A ILLegal psychedelic.

Before what? 2000 on temp period fully legal Psilocybin in UK? £30 grow kit in London, PLUS a dried 3.5 gr either Mexicans or Columbians. Free, with every grow kit!

I trained 60 miles one Friday eve after work week to central London, opting for 3.5 g Columbians ate right away paranoidly skinned up huge Skunk joint dark streets dodgy loo lol near huge London station before training home, oh with 1 gr x15 Salvia Extract too.

Prior though, by "prepared" I always envisaged say like a salad plate, few wet Liberty's scattered with olives tomatoes rocket n radish lol.

And you got class A! F ridiculous IMO.

The whole legality obviously too was eradicated not sure when that too? Because I never even discovered until 2011 that just as my own 9 yr exstacy run ceased as Lyme arrived, also exact map point suddenly real E vanished for most at least.

In my head thinking shrooms outlawed again v firmly too similar time not sure, def ap crying shame though.

But again, pick your shrooms. Keep em WET. Maybe take 70% up Bovedas lol.

Avoid even ever placing on a plate of be "spotted" daring to use a fork lol.

Otherwise was safe legal happy mushroom tripping! Away from the outright sewer rat persecution my being deplores.